Breakaway Haven Spa Suite Sailing 9/29/19-10/06/19

graphicguy

Time for the First Drink of the Day (FDD....all rights reserved).

What?  It’s not even 11:30 a.m. yet.  But, here I was, lips to a Dos Equis and chomping on the “sliders” the wait staff was bringing around!

Understand, it was at this moment, I knew, an already long day, was going to get much longer.

And, once again taking advice from our friend @sid_9169, I popped some FlyBy!

94F14992-9B37-434E-9500-62B3B7EC70FC.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Nice day to wear shorts for sailaway, are you checked in yet ?

Nice pair of headphones to go with that new backpack ... Check that eBags warranty for your strap replacement, we own a bunch but terms for their no questions asked coverage apparently ... has changed. They should just send you a new one.

Thanks, Henry!  I’m hoping eBags just sends a new back pack.  Truth told, I’m really liking this el cheapo OGIO bag.

Headphones are a new addition for my travel regimen.....Bose QC 30 wireless, noise cancelling ear buds.  Pretty danged good!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I don't know why I continue to torment myself by coming here to read these forums.  I have that feeling in my stomach that is anticipation mixed with excitement and my next cruise is still 124 days away. 

This cruise has already started better than your last one since you have made it on the ship.  :classic_biggrin: 

Hope you have a great cruise and looking forward to your review.  If possible, could you post pics of the MDR dinner menus?

😁😎

Glad you’re following along!

I’ll see if I can get some shots of the MDR menus.  Not sure I’ll be eating in any of them at all this week, though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Woo Hoo to the Great Start on this one...

We leave in 15 Days - so having some challenges focusing on the here & now...

First Sid's review & now yours will keep us going...

Glad to hear you've actually boarded, enjoyed cocktails & departed already 🙂

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Von & John said:

Woo Hoo to the Great Start on this one...

We leave in 15 Days - so having some challenges focusing on the here & now...

First Sid's review & now yours will keep us going...

Glad to hear you've actually boarded, enjoyed cocktails & departed already 🙂

Thanks.  Love Sid’s reviews.  Speaking of which, I’m at Syd’s Pour House right now!

Try one of these to ease the wait....

Spiced rum, ginger ale, lime and mint!

9AE08C3D-F654-49C0-9363-5CB9DF770A10.jpeg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks.  Love Sid’s reviews.  Speaking of which, I’m at Syd’s Pour House right now!

Try one of these to ease the wait....

Spiced rum, ginger ale, lime and mint!

9AE08C3D-F654-49C0-9363-5CB9DF770A10.jpeg

Yes, please... yum!

Love your stuff so far!  Hoping you have the best vacation ever!!!

If you get the chance, could you post picture of Shore Excursions list for Harvest Caye? ...no big deal, but they sure haven't released many for our November cruise and we are wondering if we can book things onboard.

Thank you for your review/photos!!!

17 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Yes, please... yum!

Love your stuff so far!  Hoping you have the best vacation ever!!!

If you get the chance, could you post picture of Shore Excursions list for Harvest Caye? ...no big deal, but they sure haven't released many for our November cruise and we are wondering if we can book things onboard.

Thank you for your review/photos!!!

Thanks!

Let me see if I can dig them up!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I just made it up..

Let me think of a name!

All in fun and no disrespect meant, but I’m calling it a “Dizzy Blonde”!

Captain Morgan calls that a Captain and Ginger!

ggTexasGal is abbreviated version of my nickname, Ginger, and of course, we live in TX.  But, I am not blonde ...DH has that honor.😎  Anyway, I enjoy Spiced rum and ginger beer or ginger ale!

Edited by ggTexasGal
add
  • Like 1

Looked like subtle menu changes based on today's MDR posted ... don't recall some of the soup/starter being served on our 15 days this January on the Escape or 7 days on the Dawn, a bit more recent ... although, I haven't really been on the lookout for 2019 MDR menu changes.  Well, I will get our chance to check them out in person in mid December, maybe a last minute one sooner.  Susan got tired of LeBistro so we booked 1 of our 2 comp'd meal in Cagney instead.  

When you submit/notify eBags of your warranty claims - note the wordings in how best to describe the broken strap ... One of the previous CC roll call members from Canada that I met was a good/close friend of eBags' owner/executive when they're acquired by Samsonite, resulting in some changes in 2017:  Please note that for both consumer and commercial use (e.g. Airline Flight Crew), excessive wear & tear is not covered. Determination of what is excessive wear & tear is subject to the sole discretion of the eBags Brand Warranty Team.  

Seas looking - on shipcam - calm & not choppy, enjoy your dinner, etc. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ashleyriley said:

Cheers to the Dizzy Blonde!  😀 How crowded is Syd's Pour House? Thanks for this great report!

It’s sunny on a sea day.  You can go to deck 15 and watch the crazies in the pools and hot tubs.  Or, you can go to Syd’s, sit outside, talk to sane people and make new friends.

In all seriousness, there are bar stools open, there are waterfront tables and seats open.  It’s a good way to spend the afternoon.  

NOT CRAZY!  But nice!  Talked to some good folks for an hour or so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1