Breakaway Haven Spa Suite Sailing 9/29/19-10/06/19

graphicguy

7 hours ago, Frogdogpal said:

We are scheduled for Encore in April.   A Haven Courtyard suite.  Wondering about the balcony size. Liked the looks of yours.  May I ask your room category?

I’m in a Haven Spa Suite.  Balcony is perfect for two people!

Goooood morning, loving the review with the pictorials ... and, don't you worry about the sequence in posting, it's never easy to post "semi-live" (yeah, I should know, not easy to scroll or go back-n-forth to see what was uploaded, etc.)  It's all good, really ... otherwise, not "fair" to being an informed "critics"

That avocado toast with a poached egg ..... looked so good.  We are heading north to Vermont to catch Fall foilage colors but I am going to have trouble ordering something like that at our Marriott, LOL.

Look forward to seeing more dining & food "comments" - knowing that it's always personal & subjective.  Have a beautiful day ahead ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Goooood morning, loving the review with the pictorials ... and, don't you worry about the sequence in posting, it's never easy to post "semi-live" (yeah, I should know, not easy to scroll or go back-n-forth to see what was uploaded, etc.)  It's all good, really ... otherwise, not "fair" to being an informed "critics"

That avocado toast with a poached egg ..... looked so good.  We are heading north to Vermont to catch Fall foilage colors but I am going to have trouble ordering something like that at our Marriott, LOL.

Look forward to seeing more dining & food "comments" - knowing that it's always personal & subjective.  Have a beautiful day ahead ! 

Thanks, Henry!

That sounds like a nice trip.  Enjoy yourselves!

Got lots more.  Haven’t touched on entertainment and excursions.  Plus, more ship pics.  Most will probably have to wait until I get home.

BTW....WiFi has not been good.... 1-2 mbps up and down, regardless of where I am on the ship.  That compounds the issues when trying to report live!

Current situation.....

46740674-8400-4439-AEF8-FDD84426EA36.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, kickbutt10 said:

We are also from the Cincy area.  I followed your ordeal earlier and hoped you would finally get your vacation.  I am so happy you did.  We were on the Breakaway last week in a Haven Spa Suite with Narciso as our butler.  It was our first Haven experience and it did not disappoint.  We had a wonderful week despite a disrupted itinerary.  It was crazy.  Please say hello to Davidette, Raymond and Gabby in the Haven bar from Andrea and Brian.   They are amazing but it appears you have already experienced the smokey Old Fashion.  The entire staff in the Haven are outstanding!  Enjoy your trip!

How cool....I spend quite a bit of time with Davidette and Raymond....every....single...day!!!!!

😉

I’ll forward your regards!

13 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

How cool....I spend quite a bit of time with Davidette and Raymond....every....single...day!!!!!

😉

I’ll forward your regards!

BTW...just spoke to Davidette...she says “hi” to her adoptive parents....

For those of you looking for the Haven Wine Menu.....

A67C76B4-57D3-4295-B36C-58AD89B5A522.jpeg

B20139E0-A070-4C80-B6D2-06F244B2E229.jpeg

• Like 1

So....was getting ready to post that the passengers on board the ship this week seem to be some of the nicest I’ve ever cruised with.

Just went down to get comment cards to fill out for those who have been extraordinarily helpful to me.

As the elevator was going down from deck 15, it was stopping on every deck, or every other deck, to pick up passengers as we’ve just been cleared to disembark for Cozumel.  Two old ladies were loudly and unashamedly voicing their unhappiness that we had to stop for others and they could not be given direct and uninterrupted access to the gangway.

Icing on the cake?  They wanted me to press the “close” button on every deck before other passengers could enter the elevator, given I was manning the “buttons”.

My response to them?  “what is wrong with you, fer cryin’ out loud?”

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, kelleyfarms said:

Your review is definitely getting me excited for our December B2B's!!  Keep the Haven fully stocked at the bar if you would please😁😁     John

No guarantees, as “our group” has decided we’ve seen the shows we want to see (great entertainment, as always).  So, tonight and tomorrow we are focused on doing bar explorations!!!!😁

BTW...eating al fresco at La Cucina tonight.  Weather, drinks, food, view....all of it simply outstanding.

63AC10A4-D9BF-48F5-9750-76959C73DEC5.jpeg

2A1BD6C0-CFB0-4680-A571-49AC9679A3E2.jpeg

5132FC49-7121-4868-AECD-7305CE6E9F6B.jpeg

• Like 4

Thanks for the wine menu!  Question:  We have the premium plus packages, and I'm wondering what the prices under the Premium Plus side are.  Is this the up charge if you have just the premium package.  And since it's my understanding that you're in the bar frequently 🙂 could you possibly snap a photo of the wines by the bottle menu.

Enjoy and thanks!

56 minutes ago, LinnieRed said:

Speaking of alcohol, have you noticed if they are serving any “hard seltzer” such as White Claw or Bon & Viv?

Haven’t seen any do those, but they do have “hard cider”!  If I remember, I’ll ask.....same for the wine bottle menu!

15 hours ago, graphicguy said:

No guarantees, as “our group” has decided we’ve seen the shows we want to see (great entertainment, as always).  So, tonight and tomorrow we are focused on doing bar explorations!!!!😁

BTW...eating al fresco at La Cucina tonight.  Weather, drinks, food, view....all of it simply outstanding.

63AC10A4-D9BF-48F5-9750-76959C73DEC5.jpeg

2A1BD6C0-CFB0-4680-A571-49AC9679A3E2.jpeg

5132FC49-7121-4868-AECD-7305CE6E9F6B.jpeg

I won't be too upset if you and your friends drink it all..... They can stock up before I get there!!  Nice to see you are enjoying this cruise.  After the last one was cancelled, you deserve it!!  Nice to hear La Cucina was good again.  It was always one of my favorites, but the last couple of cruise's not so much.

Edited by kelleyfarms
Left out a comment
  • Like 2

Captain just announced that someone on board has a serious health issue and that we’re cranking the engines to speed our route to Miami.  We’ll be docking a little after midnight!  

For the rest of us, nothing changes.  But you’ll see us pulling in early!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1