Breakaway Haven Spa Suite Sailing 9/29/19-10/06/19

graphicguy

There were two CC M&Gs.  Already gave pics of the first one.  The last one was the last sea day.  I jumped in really quickly just to check it out.  Not as many participants as the first one, but still well attended.  That was good to see.

I give the exec crew for making themselves available and visible.  Vuk, the General Manager, Clay, the CD and usually someone who headed up housekeeping or the Exec Chef would show up.

On one particular day, they had a Q&A at the Atrium.  The usual topics....how long you been on the ship, how long have you been with NCL, how did you come to start in the cruise industry, etc??????

One particular question, a passenger said they were going to go out on a deep sea fishing excursion and wanted to know if they Exec Chef would prepare any fish he caught.  The short answer is NO!  Plus, it would not be possible for anyone to actually get a fish on board.  We all got a chuckle out of that.

IMG_0170.jpeg

• Like 1

Jumping around (again)...but want to post some things while they're still fresh and I don't forget.

One little trick I use when sailing is to bring little magnetic clips I use to put on the inside of my inner cabin door.  That way, every day, I know what reservations I have....what I have discount coupons for, etc.

Some always seem to want to know what toiletries they include.  Actually, this is pretty good stuff.....

Haven Robe and slippers are quite nice, too...

IMG_0133.jpeg

IMG_0134.jpeg

IMG_0135.jpeg

IMG_0136.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ashleyriley said:

I just put Flyby in my Amazon cart. 😀🥂 Thanks! We have an H6 booked on the Breakaway. We liked that suite primarily for the large aft balcony and the bathroom that overlooks the water. I have been reading reviews recently of how much of a hike it is to the Haven proper, one woman described it as "the length of 3 football fields" and she claimed service from the butler suffered because she wasn't in the Haven. Did you ever walk from the very aft of the ship to the Haven? What were your thoughts on the butler service as you were not in the Haven area either? Thanks again for a fun and informative report. 

I think the reason people say "three football fields" is due to the specs on the ship.  Front tip to tail, she is 1,070 feet long.  However, it is a pretty easy walk if you take the aft elevators and go up to deck 16, and just walk along the sundeck to the Haven entrance on the port side.

Capture.JPG

58 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

I think the reason people say "three football fields" is due to the specs on the ship.  Front tip to tail, she is 1,070 feet long.  However, it is a pretty easy walk if you take the aft elevators and go up to deck 16, and just walk along the sundeck to the Haven entrance on the port side.

Capture.JPG

Thanks, Dave!

BTW....love the glow stick pic of you and your charming wife!

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 10:30 AM, graphicguy said:

Will be doing more posting with more pics next week.

As of right now, I’m settled in at MIA.  Flight is not until 3:30 p.m.  Went to Centurion Lounge.  They wouldn’t allow me to come in given my flight is several hours away.....new AMEX policy.

Just a heads up.  AMEX PLATINUM has recently raised their fees, cut the coverage of their cruise travel insurance, and is now cutting back on the use of their Centurion Lounges.  My TA believes they will be cutting the OBC they offer also.

For these reasons, after being an AMEX card holder for 35+ years, I’ll be cancelling it and moving to Chase Sapphire Reserve.

The policy was changed a few months ago.  Believe you can only be in the lounge up to 3 hours before departure.  Probably to try and reduce crowding, although I find the lounges quite crowded.  Another obvious option is to get an airline branded card, to at least get access to that airline's lounges.  I have the Delta Reserve Amex as well as the Platinum Amex, but honestly considering dropping the Platinum.  The Delta lounges are often as nice as the Centurion and no longer having access to the Priority Pass restaurants is a big devaluation.

• Like 1

Yes, THANKS GA DAVE! 

All good stuff, graphicguy! I look forward to the Bvlgari products. When we were on the Jade our awesome butler made me a "to go" bag of Bvlgari when we disembarked. I think I was planning on storing them in our guest bathroom and being a gracious host and giving them to guests. Somehow that never happened...😀

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JCDCA said:

The policy was changed a few months ago.  Believe you can only be in the lounge up to 3 hours before departure.  Probably to try and reduce crowding, although I find the lounges quite crowded.  Another obvious option is to get an airline branded card, to at least get access to that airline's lounges.  I have the Delta Reserve Amex as well as the Platinum Amex, but honestly considering dropping the Platinum.  The Delta lounges are often as nice as the Centurion and no longer having access to the Priority Pass restaurants is a big devaluation.

I’m a Million Miler with a Delta.  They keep wanting me to get their AMEX card.  But, it has more restrictions than AMEX’s Platinum.  And yes, AMEX also dropped entrance to Proirity Lounges.

Chase is sending me their Sapphire Reserve card this week.  When I get it, I’ll cancel my AMEX.

Centurion Lounge at MIA is nothing to write home about.

Given my chronological posting is now shot, the rest of the posts will be fairly random.  Might even be fun.....

Interestingly, there was about ⅓ of a bottle of Louis XIII sitting behind the bar.  IIRC, a 1 oz shot cost somewhere around $250 ea.  Someone bought the last of that bottle.  I figured there was about 5 or 6 shots left.  They got to keep the bottle (which someone mentioned was worth several $100.  But, do the math.  Worth it?

I’ve never tried the stuff, so I don’t know.

6F4E78C9-D772-4237-BBF1-F6FC0A4578A3.jpeg

• Like 1

I attended a Captain’s reception on a different cruise and didn’t quite understand the loungers in the pool bit, very shallow so not really a pool but what is it? 
or am I being stupid ? (You don’t have to answer that bit!😱)

50 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

I attended a Captain’s reception on a different cruise and didn’t quite understand the loungers in the pool bit, very shallow so not really a pool but what is it? 
or am I being stupid ? (You don’t have to answer that bit!😱)

Not stupid.....loungers in the pool to stay cool in the water on hot days while reclining in the loungers.

8 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

Thank you. But is there a proper pool in Haven? I’m assuming so!

Yes.  But like all other NCL pools, it is very small.

It is the one with the net in it in this picture.  This is the sister ship, the Getaway.

IMG_1154.JPG

Edited by GA Dave