196 Straight Days Booked On Legend - Is there more to life than just cruising?

PhillyFan33579

On 9/15/2019 at 3:43 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

So I recently heard one of Carnival’s most loyal cruisers has 196 consecutive days booked on Legend. Is this something you would do?  As much as I love cruising, I would never do something even remotely close to that. There is so much more to life than just cruising. 

I actually feel bad for this guy. It seems this guy doesn’t have any other interests in life (family, friends, hobbies, etc) outside of cruising. Maybe doing all this cruising is how he copes with this???

I would do it if I could afford it .We are going on a 14 night next month,the most we have done to date.

I would love the ability to tell my tired old jokes (what my wife calls them) to new people! 😉

I would love to experience cruising longer and longer, but full-time? I don't know. I keep telling my wife I want to buy a tract of land and dirt moving equipment and play every day.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:43 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

So I recently heard one of Carnival’s most loyal cruisers has 196 consecutive days booked on Legend. Is this something you would do?  As much as I love cruising, I would never do something even remotely close to that. There is so much more to life than just cruising. 

I actually feel bad for this guy. It seems this guy doesn’t have any other interests in life (family, friends, hobbies, etc) outside of cruising. Maybe doing all this cruising is how he copes with this???

I don't know why you feel sorry for the guy. He obviously has the monetary means and health to choose what he wants to do with his life. Not many people have the privilege and lack of encumberments in life to be so free in their choices. If I was in such a position I wouldn't hesitate to drop everything and to nothing but travel for a year or two (though it wouldn't exclusively be cruising). The way I see it one day my health will stop me from being able to have the freedom of movement I have now so I want to do all my travels while I can still trek up mountains, drive cars on small precarious tracks or sleep in middle of nowhere accommodations.

With the internet now you don't have to give up your friends and family for travelling, it is not that hard to keep in constant contact with them and with all the pictures you post they will probably be sick of you anyway😜. This guy sounds like he is just taking advantage of life while he has the means and ability to do so. Nothing to feel sorry about😎.

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 2

We would certainly be happy doing 196 straight days on a ship (but not on Carnival).  The reality is that we start running into logistical issues after about 70 days so we would have to make some major changes to handle that many straight days.   In fact, we would probably love 196 straight days at sea, with no ports to complicate things :).

Hank

I am surprised at the people who grow tired of cruise line food, their menu at home must be much more varied than ours is. I love the option to have beef, lamb, or pork when my wife wants something else. I am not going to get her to cook me liver or pheasant, either, and for some reason she won't make me bacon and eggs; waffles; or eggs Benedict whenever I want.

I was happy to live in small dorm rooms for four years, cruise ship cabins are better, my wife shares them. Best roommate ever.

I would be happy to sell the house and cars to cruise and quit concerning myself with dandelions, snow shoveling, termites, the roof, laundry, oil changes, the cleaning lady, tire wear, the painters, cooking, Japanese beetles, dishes, and cleaning. I would be happy to get rid of all the stuff we have accumulated in our lifetimes that the kids don't want.

No seven day repetitive Caribbean cruises for me, I would sail varied itineraries, change ships as needed (to keep from accumulating more stuff), and spend weeks on land to break things up. Sounds like a great retirement to me. If and when we grow tired of cruising or too feeble, we can drop anchor.

• Like 3