NCL Beverage package- can you sign and add tip?

lizsims

(I apologise if this has already been addressed.) If you have the beverage package do you get a receipt and option to add tip or do they just scan your card? I am just curious if I need to bring a lot of small bills for tips or if I can just add extra when I purchase drinks. 

Thanks for any insight!

Most will remind you that you are already paying a 20% tip on your drinks. If you want to convey your appreciation to bartender, I would use cash. If paying at bar, you can add on receipt and hand it to bartender. Server may not convey additional tip to bartender, just put receipt away.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

You have already tipped - but do bring a bunch of small bills if you want to tip over & above the 20% you have already tipped.  Another option is if you frequent a small number of bars/bartenders hand these bartenders $10 or $20 at the end of the cruise instead of the singles—I’ve seen it done both ways.  We tend to tip when we get our drink if we’ve ordered something time-consuming, like a smoked old fashioned, but not if we are ordering a regular drink on the menu that is easily and regularly made.

3 hours ago, lizsims said:

(I apologise if this has already been addressed.) If you have the beverage package do you get a receipt and option to add tip or do they just scan your card? I am just curious if I need to bring a lot of small bills for tips or if I can just add extra when I purchase drinks. 

Thanks for any insight!

Except upon initial boarding when  still docked they usually do not give you a receipt. Feel free to bring bills to tip, but if that is the way you want to go, I suggest finding a server and stick with that person so that you can give them a $5 or $10 and not worry about singles.