Crown Princess

CAVE MAN

22 hours ago, suzyed said:

My favorite "quiet" place on the ship!

One night my wife checked the Patter and saw Jazz at Adagio. There was a small jazz combo from the ship's musicians. We went to check it out. There were maybe 15 (at the most) passengers and the music was excellent. The musicians seemed surprised to even get that many people and were most generous in their appreciation. It was freaking great! Most of the time there is nobody there as the bar doesn't serve until around 5:00 PM or so. Great place to read or do other quiet activities. There is a door out the back that goes to an outdoor deck area shared with Sabatini's. I think maybe 2% of the passengers even know about that area. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

One night my wife checked the Patter and saw Jazz at Adagio. There was a small jazz combo from the ship's musicians. We went to check it out. There were maybe 15 (at the most) passengers and the music was excellent. The musicians seemed surprised to even get that many people and were most generous in their appreciation. It was freaking great! Most of the time there is nobody there as the bar doesn't serve until around 5:00 PM or so. Great place to read or do other quiet activities. There is a door out the back that goes to an outdoor deck area shared with Sabatini's. I think maybe 2% of the passengers even know about that area. 

That's great!  As I said it's our favorite place to just chill on the ship.  Sometime we go up with friends and play cards, sometimes  Chuck and I just bring our books and read or just talk between the two of us.  Great place for a before dinner  drink in Sabatini's!  
Sometimes we will walk in there and see other groups of people and we feel like what are these people doing in OUR bar!
Shhhhh!  Let's not tell too many people about it!  Let's keep it for ourselves!  LOL!
(forgive any mistakes here....just had cataract surgery today and have a patch on my eye still)

Edited by suzyed

I sailed on her a couple of years ago and she was a fine ship.

As was said before you get negative reviews about everything.  It is a lot about personal perception and specific problems.  I tend to look at the shear number of negative reviews compared to the whole and will sometimes look at how many reviews that person has written.

There are a couple of things that annoy me  about the Crown (nothing that would stop me from sailing on her again) that might not bother anyone else or might have someone really upset.

As was said before you can go on a cruise and love it and read a review by another person who trashes it and wonder if you were both really on the same cruise.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:24 AM, cruiser113 said:

We  did  a  27  TA with British  Isles  this  past  spring.  No  issues  for  us....but  then  again anytime  on  a  cruise  is  better  than a  day  at  work. 

Staff  were   friendly, dining  room  wait  staff  were  excellent.   

Food   overall  was good....some  days  OK.

Ship  is  not  new   and does  show  some  age. 

Vines  bar  is  wonderful with  excellent  staff  (if  Carmen is there,  she  is  the  best)

Sailed  on  the  Crown  11  times  thus  far.....with  2  more  schedules  .

OMG Carmen is the best!   I sure hope she is on when we sail in November.

Hi, 

I recently did a 12-day British Isles cruise on the Crown Princess (Sep. 10-22, 2019). Also, I cruised aboard this ship in 2015 and 2018. This ship is fine. I was pleased with the food, service and entertainment. The ship was refurbished last year and is in good shape. I don't have any complaints about this ship.

Chuck

I am currently on board the Crown.  Though it has no impact on the enjoyment of the cruise, when re-boarding after my tour today I noticed how much rust she has on the hull and back end.   I have never seen this before.  Something has happened to the paint upkeep.

3 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I sailed on her a couple of years ago and she was a fine ship.

As was said before you get negative reviews about everything.  It is a lot about personal perception and specific problems.  I tend to look at the shear number of negative reviews compared to the whole and will sometimes look at how many reviews that person has written.

There are a couple of things that annoy me  about the Crown (nothing that would stop me from sailing on her again) that might not bother anyone else or might have someone really upset.

As was said before you can go on a cruise and love it and read a review by another person who trashes it and wonder if you were both really on the same cruise.

It's still enjoyable to read about what some people think as being bad. Especially when you've recently been on the same ship & know exactly what they're referring to.

We sometimes agree, sometimes not. 

Specifically what didn't you like about the Crown. 

2 hours ago, Sanibel*Gal said:

OMG Carmen is the best!   I sure hope she is on when we sail in November.

Carmen is wonderful.  We met her on a 31 day LA to Rio cruise in December 2016/January 2017.  On our Crown cruise last Christmas, on our first morning my DH said "that barrista (at the IC) looks like Carmen."  As soon as my husband got to the front of the line she said "Mr. Joe how are you?" and she saw me standing behind him she asked "Ms. Jackie, are your sister and brother in law with you too?"  We were floored.  I know we frequented Vines a lot on the SA cruise but had no idea we were so memorable.😁  That evening when we stopped at Vines she explained that she had just returned from her annual vacation.  Since that was 9 months ago she may be on vacation again now.  I hope for your sake that she is on board in November.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

It's still enjoyable to read about what some people think as being bad. Especially when you've recently been on the same ship & know exactly what they're referring to.

We sometimes agree, sometimes not. 

Specifically what didn't you like about the Crown. 

Again, no flames please, more annoyance than anything else.

1.  I like slightly smaller ships.

2. If I remember correctly some decks are not through so you have to up across and then down again.

3. Some of the cabins at the back are subject to mechanical vibration at times.

2 hours ago, cruiser113 said:

can  you  tell  me  if  they  have  the  split of  Korbel?  small bottle of  champagne.

Hi, 

Yes, they do. I recently cruised aboard the Crown Princess (Sep. 10-22, 2019) and ordered the small bottle of Korbel several nights.

Chuck 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hpeabody said:

I am currently on board the Crown.  Though it has no impact on the enjoyment of the cruise, when re-boarding after my tour today I noticed how much rust she has on the hull and back end.   I have never seen this before.  Something has happened to the paint upkeep.

Hi, 

Yes, I noticed the same thing during my recent cruise on this ship (Sep. 10-22, 2019). On the bright side, I saw the crew painting the side of the ship in several different ports. 

Chuck 

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

Again, no flames please, more annoyance than anything else.

1.  I like slightly smaller ships.

We have no preference either was as long as the ship offers us what we need. 

2. If I remember correctly some decks are not through so you have to up across and then down again.

From what I recall all the Princess ship have that problem. 

3. Some of the cabins at the back are subject to mechanical vibration at times.

Yep. I've noticed that on almost every whip we've been on. Some worse than others. 

Interesting to hear opinions.

Thanks