Friends to Leave on Breeze To Bermuda Tomorrow

GTO-Girl

From looking at the hurricane forecast I would highly doubt they will make it to Bermuda.  Maybe if they reverse their itinerary...

Anyone got any update I can pass along?  

They are some of the few on the face of the earth that does not use a computer!! 😜😜

Edited by GTO-Girl

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

From looking at the hurricane forecast I would highly doubt they will make it to Bermuda.  Maybe if they reverse their itinerary...

Anyone got any update I can pass along?  

They are some of the few on the face of the earth that does not use a computer!! 😜😜

They should have notified the passengers by now. We also have relatives on the same cruise. From what it looks like they will not be gong there. Even reversing the ports will not do it. The ship will need to go right through the path.

Southern ports look like the best bet. It is leaving our of Port Canaveral, choices are only south from what I see.

I did not know this. 

Hurricane Humberto, meanwhile, was beginning to weaken after lashing Bermuda on Wednesday. The hurricane center said the Category 3 storm was likely to become a post-tropical cyclone by Friday. 

While the storm did not hit Bermuda directly, it pounded the British Atlantic island offshore with heavy rain while powerful winds above 100 mph knocked down power lines and trees.

The storm left more than 80% of the territory without electricity on Thursday.

Authorities said Humberto also blew off rooftops as it passed by the island. No deaths were reported.

“We’ve made it through and everyone is safe,” said Premier David Burt. “That’s what is most important.”

Security Minister Wayne Caines said schools and government offices were closed. He asked people to stay off roads while emergency crews cleared debris and removed power lines.

From John Heald's FB page.  I hope this helps.

I know a lot of you have been waiting for news on Bermuda cruise is this weekend which unfortunately have been affected by the storm. Here are the latest details which you will receive in an email very shortly.

Carnival Breeze – departing Saturday 9/21/19
Original itinerary includes a three day stay in Bermuda. Due to the path of Hurricane Jerry, the ship will now go to San Juan, Amber Cove and Grand Turk. Guests will receive a 25% FCC as a gesture of goodwill and will not have the option to cancel and receive any compensation.

Carnival Sunshine – departing Sunday 9/22/19
Original itinerary included a two day stay in Bermuda. Due to the path of Hurricane Jerry, the ship will now call on Princess Cays and overnight in Nassau. Guests will receive a 25% FCC as a gesture of goodwill and will not have the option to cancel and receive any compensation.

Carnival Splendor – departing Saturday 9/21/19
Due to the paths of Hurricane Mario and Hurricane Lorena, it will be necessary to reverse the order of the itinerary to stay a safe distance from the storms. No compensation or option to cancel since we are delivering the full itinerary.

Additionally, we are monitoring for Carnival Elation and Carnival Horizon departing Saturday, 9/21/19, but do not expect any impact to their itineraries at this time.

As always our main priority is to keep everybody safe and that’s why these changes have been made. Thank you for your understanding and I wish all of you an absolutely brilliant time and please know that our crew will give you the very best of times and of course lots and lots of fun

Cheers.

According to JH. the Breeze has already decided to sail to San Juan, Grand Turk, and Amber Cove.  I know you take your chances, when you book a cruise during hurricane season. I have one booked myself, for Oct.  But when you book a cruise to Bermuda, it's because you Really Want To See Bermuda.  I would be highly disappointed to sail elsewhere.  I understand the why, but I feel for all those passengers.  

We just got off the Breeze from Bermuda - it was ROUGH the entire trip.  I can understand them not wanting to do that again!  Bermuda was battening down for Humberto when we got there, and I imagine with another headed their way they aren't ready for a boatload of passengers.