Carnival Breeze Seafood Shack

Luke Saint Joe

Just got off this weekend. Was great. They guy tried to push the snow crab (wanted blue crab) due to size and it being a better deal but I love the taste of blue crab. I had the same guy cook it the two times I had it but as good as it was the first time he did it, second time was under cooked then had him try to fix it then was over cooked 😞

As Shof515 said, it replaced our favorite place to have lunch, the Tandoor.

Apparently Carnival didn't have enough premium eateries.
Can't tell you how good it is, since I have refused to pay to eat there on the principle that they took away our favorite lunch spot and replaced it with something I can't recall anyone asking for.

Starboard side, aft, just as you come out of the glass doors from the buffet area.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

just got off of Breeze.  The ship was packed, lines for everything, but not sure I saw anyone getting much from SS.  Wife and I would have gone to Tandoor for certain.  At the very least would it have killed them to put some Indian food on the buffet??

7 hours ago, jimbob22 said:

just got off of Breeze.  The ship was packed, lines for everything, but not sure I saw anyone getting much from SS.  Wife and I would have gone to Tandoor for certain.  At the very least would it have killed them to put some Indian food on the buffet??

I get they took away a food choice you liked.  I always saw more staff at Tandoor than clients tho.....   at any rate a for pay option will eat for free any day of the week.   I think the Sea Food Shock is pretty good.  

On 10/1/2019 at 12:41 AM, lasvegascruising said:

Chervil....I agree 1000%.  Carnival, bring back Tandoor.  Why the hell did they take it away?  

From my experience, there were rarely any lines at Tandoor. I assume that was a consistent experience, otherwise I doubt Carnival would have removed them across the fleet. From a business perspective, seems like an easy decision. Replace a “restaurant” that wasn’t very popular and didn’t generate any revenue with one that is fairly popular and generates additional revenue. 

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

at any rate a for pay option will eat for free any day of the week.    

I'm not sure what that means.  I think I saw their checkerboard paper a few times (so a few people were getting their food), but not very busy.  Clearly Carnival didn't need to devote more resources to Indian food than NCL, Royal, or Celebrity currently devote to it.  But a smaller selection at the buffet would have been nice.  Curries are a good final resting place for various meats.

Overall, they could use some work in scaling up their production when the ship is really full.  Service at guys would sputter along until an additional worker or two would help make burgers; the guy at Blue Iguana was frying one or two eggs at a time instead of mass-frying or using a sheetpan...

10 hours ago, jimbob22 said:

just got off of Breeze.  The ship was packed, lines for everything, but not sure I saw anyone getting much from SS.

at sea food shack, you order your food and then they give you a pager. When your food is ready, they beep the pager. Due to that, it can be hard to figure out how busy sea food shack can get it. 

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

at sea food shack, you order your food and then they give you a pager. When your food is ready, they beep the pager. Due to that, it can be hard to figure out how busy sea food shack can get it. 

I think they use that blue(?) and white checkered paper, and like 2 or 3 times I did see people eating something from them.  I never saw any hustle or bustle at the counter.  I realize that all it has to do is sell one lobster roll per day and it's generating more revenue than Tandoor.  

Other cruise lines have figured out that you don't need a huge section dedicated to Indian food every day, but a smaller selection at the buffet is appreciated by customers that enjoy foods outside the traditional American selection.

If they wanted to maximize the 'usage' of the area, a 2nd deli or wok location would be busy.  And if they want to maximize revenue, then just make all 4 corner areas by the pool into pay venues (like SS).

5 hours ago, jimbob22 said:

I think they use that blue(?) and white checkered paper, and like 2 or 3 times I did see people eating something from them.  I never saw any hustle or bustle at the counter.  I realize that all it has to do is sell one lobster roll per day and it's generating more revenue than Tandoor.  

Other cruise lines have figured out that you don't need a huge section dedicated to Indian food every day, but a smaller selection at the buffet is appreciated by customers that enjoy foods outside the traditional American selection.

If they wanted to maximize the 'usage' of the area, a 2nd deli or wok location would be busy.  And if they want to maximize revenue, then just make all 4 corner areas by the pool into pay venues (like SS).

Your maximizing and theirs might have different end goals

6 hours ago, jimbob22 said:

I'm not sure what that means.  I think I saw their checkerboard paper a few times (so a few people were getting their food), but not very busy.  Clearly Carnival didn't need to devote more resources to Indian food than NCL, Royal, or Celebrity currently devote to it.  But a smaller selection at the buffet would have been nice.  Curries are a good final resting place for various meats.

Overall, they could use some work in scaling up their production when the ship is really full.  Service at guys would sputter along until an additional worker or two would help make burgers; the guy at Blue Iguana was frying one or two eggs at a time instead of mass-frying or using a sheetpan...

It’s easy, one generates significant additional revenue, one does not.  

3 hours ago, jimbob22 said:

Must not be very easy, since they're failing bigtime with Guy's and Blue Iguana, huge money pits.

Sorry, just not how it works, it's part of the business plan, no money pit. Who do you think is "failing If anyone thinks a venue like the Seafood Shack is a big revenue generator, think again. I know it's hard for the naysayers to understand Carnival wants their guest to have the best possible experience. 

17 hours ago, coevan said:

Sorry, just not how it works, it's part of the business plan, no money pit. Who do you think is "failing If anyone thinks a venue like the Seafood Shack is a big revenue generator, think again. I know it's hard for the naysayers to understand Carnival wants their guest to have the best possible experience. 

And Tandoor was also part of the business plan.  No extra fee like BI and Guy's.  If essentially no one was going to Tandoor, I'm fine with doing away with it but a) it would have been nice to still have some Indian choices at the buffet and b) it would have been nice to use that essentially vacant space in a productive way on our jam packed Christmas cruise, when lines for everything were very long.  

The only thing I 'ding' Carnival for is that their buffets have very limited selection and on most ships (not sure about Vista class) they are set up to have very long lines instead of short-lined stations (which is what we've seen on Royal, NCL, Hal, Celebrity).

1 hour ago, jimbob22 said:

BI and Guy's aren't generating additional revenue since their food, like that of Tandoor, is no-extra-fee.

Ok got it.  The real point is that they are offering a more popular for pay (in Sea Food Shack) that replaces a at most moderately popular tandoor.  BI and Guys are to off load Lido traffic, different idea.  Same for the new Shaq Chicken in the Radiance