EZ Air question

Techie

For those that have used EZ Air, if there’s a change in the flights prior to them being ticketed, do you deal with the airline or with Princess?  First time considering using this vs direct booking with the airline.

thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, Techie said:

For those that have used EZ Air, if there’s a change in the flights prior to them being ticketed, do you deal with the airline or with Princess?  First time considering using this vs direct booking with the airline.

thanks in advance

There will be a warning that pops up to get your attention and you have to accept the changes.

We just had one last month (United) but it was only a 5 minute change on the outbound flight.

On the airline website I had to accept the changes or talk with them (United) to maybe change flights or alternatives.

If it is a flight cancelation etc you would need to deal with EZ Air.

We have been lucky......

I don't think I have had to deal with EZ Air for quite some time on anything. At least a few years.

EZ Air offers painless booking, low competitive prices and its easy to refare if you have the "flexible" non restricted option up to 45 days to departure. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

There will be a warning that pops up to get your attention and you have to accept the changes.

We just had one last month (United) but it was only a 5 minute change on the outbound flight.

On the airline website I had to accept the changes or talk with them (United) to maybe change flights or alternatives.

If it is a flight cancelation etc you would need to deal with EZ Air.

We have been lucky......

I don't think I have had to deal with EZ Air for quite some time on anything. At least a few years.

EZ Air offers painless booking, low competitive prices and its easy to refare if you have the "flexible" non restricted option up to 45 days to departure. 

Prior to ticketing you dealt with the airline to resolve flight changes?

6 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Yes.

Our upcoming cruise for this fall has always shown that the United flight was ticketed back in March even though the cruise booking was only deposited. Final payment was the end of July.  We never pre pay the airline reservation before the final payment.

We made the res in January.  

All I had to do was check a box that I was aware of the flight time changes.

Strange thing is in the personalizer in the air booking it never changed. It still shows the old times.

Just checking again it was a 30 minute change not 5 minutes.

14 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It is definitely painless. We got a GREAT price. Booked at $292 when the flights opened. The high a couple of days later was $800+, finally leveled of at $500+. 

I booked "premium" seats (5+ hour flight, long legs) which cost more and required a call to the airline to pay after Princess finished paying at 45 (?) days. 

I'm a little obsessive about finishing payments, so after final payment I called Princess and requested that they pay now. That changed it from flexible to restricted (no refund, no changes allowed). That was OK with me, 'cuz we are going (barring heart attacks or broken bones and that might not stop us)!!

Got a surprise when I called the airline to pay. Their website says the seats cost and additional $129, we were charged $119.

• Like 2

They can do stupid things. We had a flight changed so that we arrived at the middle airport half an hour after the next flight left. Physically impossible. When I checked Delta had totally changed our itinerary because the first flight now left something like 10 minutes earlier. Instead of just notifying us of that 10 minute change they cancelled the flight and substituted the impossible flight. Since Princess doesn't let you speak directly with the EZ Air folks (grumble, grumble...) it took quite a lot of phone time to fix it and get the original flight back. We had no issue leaving 10 minutes earlier.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 1:45 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Makes me go hmmm.  Delta had a schedule change of 2 hours on our flight to Europe. I hate it. We were leaving the US for Europe right at my daughter’s bedtime. It was perfect. Now we are leaving 2 hours after, Delta assured me EZAir was supposed to accommodate even if they didn’t want to. It was a useless phone call attempting to deal with it when I called Princess. I swear it was like the person I spoke to didn’t understand what/why I was asking. She told me “your flight is 250 days out there’s plenty of time to change to a flight you want.”

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Since Princess doesn't let you speak directly with the EZ Air folks (grumble, grumble...) it took quite a lot of phone time to fix it and get the original flight back.

They do let you. At least I have been transferred a few times.

If you haven't been ticketed yet, you have to deal with Princess.  The airline is not able to help you.  We have had flight changes two weeks in a row.  The first time I called Delta. I called them because changing it ourselves thru Princess would have cost us more money.  The Delta person was going to change flights but then came back on the line and told us, because we weren't ticketed and had booked thru Princess, we would have to call Princess to do it.  I called Princess and explained that I didn't do it myself because it was going to be more expensive.  I asked if she could call Delta and make changes for us.  She went away for, I swear, an hour.  When she came back she said she got it changed and we would be paying over $100 more.  We had to get a supervisor involved to change it to a terrible flight but it didn't cost us.  When it happened the next week, I called the supervisor directly.  She was able to make changes at no cost (for an even WORSE flight) thru the Delta desk that they have there.  But she told me that Delta was one of the easier airlines to work with.  She said that they normally can not make changes if you aren't ticketed.  So, if you are sure you like your flight and the price, either book EZair restricted or get it ticketed ASAP after booking Flexible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, john_galt said:

I'm too much of a control freak. I booked and paid for my December flights in January. American usually opens bookings 330 days in advance. 

I happily ceded control to get the much lower EZAir flex fare on my next cruise.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

They do let you. At least I have been transferred a few times.

You are lucky. When I've had to deal with EZ Air on the phone the Princess reps insisted I had to wait (and wait, and wait) while they called EZ Air. Then, when they finally got someone, the system hung up and I had to start over again. The first time I did this it took an hour to get a successful 3 way going and, even then, I spoke to the Princess rep who then spoke to the EZ Air person and then the Princess rep told me what had been said. It was horribly cumbersome and ridiculous. After another 20 minutes or so I had my original flight back in place.

I'm glad to hear some have been able to actually cut out the Princess rep middleman and speak directly with EZ Air. It gives me hope that, the next time Delta does something idiotic, I may be able to get it fixed without all the time and frustration.

37 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'm glad to hear some have been able to actually cut out the Princess rep middleman and speak directly with EZ Air. It gives me hope that, the next time Delta does something idiotic, I may be able to get it fixed without all the time and frustration.

I’ve been debating calling back today since I’m off work but trying to figure out how annoyed I want to get.  We go on a ski trip every year around the holidays. I swear to you we’ve never taken the flights we actually booked. Every year but one Delta has been involved.