Christmas on Azamara Ships

hamrag

Christmas Eve  inside on deck 5 is a huge display of sweets and ice cravings plus the Gingerbread Houses. Christmas Day a lovely brunch. NYE is always White Night and dancing and more ice cravings for the year. Many people have some red or green on for Dec 25th and White Night is more White and Black vs other colors.  TMI I learn from many Brazilian crew thru the years that ladies wear color panties  vs White. I always ask as I need love and health I am sure it can be google.

enjoy

16 hours ago, Teknodude said:

Thanks for the input - I heard from friends its a great place to see the fireworks, as Copacabana beach itself can be a bit of a zoo on NYE.  

You are welcome. It is indeed a fantastic way of experiencing New Year Eve in Rio. Many years ago I was also there on New Years Eve on Land. Many people on the streets. All wearing white. It is a tradition in Brasil to wear white on New Year’s Eve. It has something to do with African rituals, I believe.

17 hours ago, Teknodude said:

Thanks for the input - I heard from friends its a great place to see the fireworks, as Copacabana beach itself can be a bit of a zoo on NYE.  

I'm going to be honest. I saw the fireworks off Copacabana last NYE on Azamara Pursuit and was a bit disappointed as the wind direction and smoke in the end spoiled the display. As a ship we had prime spot, but the view wasn't great. I saw shots from the land looking out and it was much better.

You can do everything you can, but if Mother Nature doesn't cooperate......  To be there though was special. I just expected much more. 

Phil 

4AFABA6B-72F5-41F9-BE16-D41D1120C3CE.jpeg

That’s a very similar photo to mine in 2011. It was also very wet for us. It sits as a yes we’ve done it rather than the most memorable NYE ever. (Just to manage expectations) 

Edited by uktog

1 hour ago, uktog said:

That’s a very similar photo to mine in 2011. It was also very wet for us. It sits as a yes we’ve done it rather than the most memorable NYE ever. (Just to manage expectations) 

NYE....I am shocked a fellow Scot would describe that calendar date in those terms....you've clearly been married too long to an Englishman!!

Thoroughly enjoying your continuing insights, thanks for taking time out to do so.

Edited by hamrag

4 hours ago, hamrag said:

NYE....I am shocked a fellow Scot would describe that calendar date in those terms....you've clearly been married too long to an Englishman!!

Thoroughly enjoying your continuing insights, thanks for taking time out to do so.

I doubted Hogmanay would be fully understood here 😂😂😂

• Haha 1