Le Petit Chef at Quisine

PSandBA

Dined last night at Le Petit Chef on Celebrity Equinox.  Major disappointment.  My last experience at Quisine  was with very high end ingredients served in an outstanding and non traditional way.  It was a gourmet treat for the eyes as well.  While I can’t fault the food at Le Petit Chef, it was nothing compared to Murano or previous dinners at Quisine.  At $55, I expected to be knocked out.  I was, but not in a good way.   For those who don’t know the concept, there is about a 3 minute animation on the table and plate showing how the dish is prepared by four international cartoon chefs. Our dinner consisted of a Spanish salad, Italian excellent truffle ravioli, French steak and fries plus Japanese matcha cake for dessert. Overall it was not a bad meal, but if your expectations are for adventurous high end cuisine, this not the case.  Please bring back the old Quisine.  

Edited by PSandBA
Add a new point.
  • Like 1

I would agree!  We experienced the same thing on the Edge.  The projection was entertaining.  However the menu has gone down hill.  

On the Edge the Fine Cut restaurant was the one to go to,  however it was difficult to get booked on sea days.  

On the Solstice the menu for La Petit was a nice cut of steak or lobster.  The new menu choices  were not as good on the Edge.

Edited by NMTraveller

We did both menu's on our last cruise. Loved it! - but we waited until they were offered at half price along the cruise. A table was set up outside the buffet selling the specialty restaurants. We enjoyed the old Quisine too. We did that one twice on the previous cruise and look forward to it on our upcoming one. 

They paid a lot for the concept so it's not going anywhere soon. Although, now we have done both once I see no need to go back unless the movie is changed. It was the show that made the meal. So yes, I agree with you..... the old one is better but I loved seeing the new. 

On 9/29/2019 at 6:20 PM, PSandBA said:

Dined last night at Le Petit Chef on Celebrity Equinox.  Major disappointment.  My last experience at Quisine  was with very high end ingredients served in an outstanding and non traditional way.  It was a gourmet treat for the eyes as well.  While I can’t fault the food at Le Petit Chef, it was nothing compared to Murano or previous dinners at Quisine.  At $55, I expected to be knocked out.  I was, but not in a good way.   For those who don’t know the concept, there is about a 3 minute animation on the table and plate showing how the dish is prepared by four international cartoon chefs. Our dinner consisted of a Spanish salad, Italian excellent truffle ravioli, French steak and fries plus Japanese matcha cake for dessert. Overall it was not a bad meal, but if your expectations are for adventurous high end cuisine, this not the case.  Please bring back the old Quisine.  

i couldn't agree more. on the M class it's much worse if you aren't in a suite. You have the choice of tuscan (can't fault it) or the cafeteria for dinner. After watching the cartoon dinner once, i was left with buyers remorse at the rate i paid to watch a boring cartoon, followed by the waiters demanding a perfect rating lol. It's just sad because I would love to go to more than one specialty restaurant during a 12-14 night cruise and not have it be a repeat. While the concept of le petit sounds great on paper, and gives them something exclusive, i have no love for it. Combine that with 'fake reviews' staff ask for in order to get paid bonuses, i cant see it changing anytime soon. Forget new COKE, give me OLD COKE back!

We paid about $40.00 when we went on the Silhouette and we had a great time!  I didn't expect to enjoy it so much, we had the other menu with lobster & filet but would have gone back for the 2nd menu that the OP describes.  Service was great and the concept was fun.

We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to the original LPC as the concept was new to us.

Just experienced the LPC and friends, not as ‘novel’ once you have done one and we didn’t find the menu as nice.

We enjoyed but we probably wouldn’t do again. It is fun dining not fine dining...and once you have experienced both the fun wears a bit thin...

As an extra point...Our reservation said 5.30 so we arrived at that time and were waiting for 30 minutes for others to arrive, order drinks...

A couple of other thoughts on this subject:  1.  Wouldn't this be better suited to RCL or another line that is more family oriented?

2.  The pricing is way too high.  At $55, five dollars more than Murano, the expectations are for a super incredible meal.  If this charge was around $35,  I probably wouldn't have even made my initial comments.

Just got off the Edge on a 10 night Med cruise. We liked Le Petit Chef, but if you are going for only the food experience you will be disappointed. The food is good but not great. It's the animation that is the star. It is quite clever and entertaining. Regarding the pricing and comparison to Murano (which we also like) it is a bit of an apples and oranges thing. At Le Petit you are paying for the cost of the animation and related technology, which, trust me, wasn't cheap. At Murano you are paying for the higher quality food experience. I do think long term though Le Petit will get scaled back as it's the kind of experience that even if you like it, you won't likely go back. Note that the restaurant itself is called the Le Grand Bistro, so they can easily cut Le Petit back from its current 2 nightly "shows" to one, none or some other variation.

I think that they should get a better menu or get rid of it.

There were only two tables filled on the Edge when we went.  The restaurant was very empty.

On other ships we have sailed when they had the better menu, every table was filled.  This is a sinking restaurant.

Edited by NMTraveller

We will be on Silhouette next month and have booked 2 LPC evenings, one on day 3 and one on day 6. I've heard that they have begun changing the menu so as to offer both, one for the first half of the cruise and the other for the latter half. We are only interested in the steak and lobster "original" show. So booked both and will cancel whichever is not the menu we want!

37 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

We will be on Silhouette next month and have booked 2 LPC evenings, one on day 3 and one on day 6. I've heard that they have begun changing the menu so as to offer both, one for the first half of the cruise and the other for the latter half. We are only interested in the steak and lobster "original" show. So booked both and will cancel whichever is not the menu we want!

Honestly, we are on the same cruise and I wouldn’t do two nights in LPC.  The Lawn Club is a must as is Murano’s.  We did the LPC on Infinity last year (one chef) and had fun, on Edge in April did not love the menu with the numerous chefs.

Hope to meet you in November.

Edited by Oville

Gone to Le Petit Chef 3x. We live in a big city. Sure we've had bunches of great steaks in our lives that frankly we barely remember. This is a dinner we really appreciated. The last time we saw it the restaurant was full (even sold out the night before, we couldn't get in) and at the end everyone was applauding. How cool is that?

Never want to spend other peoples money, but can't imagine getting a better bang for your buck than here for 55. We are getting dinner and a show that is technically incredible. Little chefs are on your plate! My goodness, kudos to all the creative people who put this all together for us. Our friends saw this same technology at Napa for 200/pp and loved it. Our family talks about it all the time and can't wait to do lpc again on our cruise again next summer.

Edited by robertacrusies
  • Like 1

We did LPC on the Edge with the lobster/ steak menu. Our food was good and we really enjoyed the animation. We  always have a dining package so never pay full price for any of the specialty restaurants.  On our upcoming Equinox cruise they offer both menus. We are only booking for the lobster/steak menu again as the other menu doesn’t appeal as much. Would love to see this as a land based restaurant with animation to go with a combo adult/child friendly menu so I could take my 4 year old granddaughter. We live in Florida so Disney I’m looking at you!

Mary Ann

We were offered LPC for $35, down from the normal $55 on Silhouette early September (Norway) and I was keen to see what had replaced QSine and its quirky fun presentation and food from around the world. I am writing about it today in my review and have uploaded video 1 of 5 that will give you an idea of what you are paying for.

It's not something I can imagine us doing again. Tiny menu choices but that is forced by the visuals. Food was good but not Murano good and not a meal you can rush if you want to see a show as all the patrons are served at the same time to keep on track with the visuals. I opted for the 2nd choice French Onion Soup for course one as I am not a shells in my bowl soup eater.

Certainly worth trying once (at a discount). I wish they could alternate it with the old QSine -regular plates, keep the lights on.

Introduction/first course Bouilliabaisse (part 1 of 5 to come later today)

On 10/3/2019 at 9:31 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Which sailing?  We cruise on Silhouette over Thanksgiving to the ABC's...

Hi! We’re Judy and Steve and are also on Silhouette over thanksgiving. I haven’t booked it yet, but I’m looking forward to LPC, but only the original menu, lobster, steak. Anyone know how to find out? Looking forward to meeting you both. Heading over to Roll call now. 

• Like 1