Captains Club Points for non-traveling spouse

jc719

My spouse completed a cruise with her friend on Celebrity.  I didn't go.  We're both currently Elite.  She got her points as expected, but I also received points matching hers.  It doesn't show a completed cruise for me, while it does for her.  I'm not complaining, but confused.  Her's was 15 nights in AQ but she (& I) got 80 points.  I was expecting 75 for her (& none for me).  So I'm confused about that too (the apparent 16th night).  Can someone explain?  Thanks.

Spouses living in the same household (same address) receive the points/status of the highest earned captain's club member. My husband has been on one Celebrity cruise. I have Elite+ status. When I registered him, he received E+ status. 

Not sure why you both got the extra points unless it was a promotion you didn't know about.

16 hours ago, jc719 said:

My spouse completed a cruise with her friend on Celebrity.  I didn't go.  We're both currently Elite.  She got her points as expected, but I also received points matching hers.  It doesn't show a completed cruise for me, while it does for her.  I'm not complaining, but confused.  Her's was 15 nights in AQ but she (& I) got 80 points.  I was expecting 75 for her (& none for me).  So I'm confused about that too (the apparent 16th night).  Can someone explain?  Thanks.

Typical Celebrity attention to detail.  Your expectations were correct, Celebrity made a mistake.  Celebrity matches status between spouses/partners but not points.  

Upon further investigation, the EXACT SAME THING is true of my Royal Caribbean C&A account.  She has 2 7 day cruises (one with sister, one with me)  and 28 points.  I have 1 7 day cruise (with her) but also 28 points.  

1 hour ago, jc719 said:

Upon further investigation, the EXACT SAME THING is true of my Royal Caribbean C&A account.  She has 2 7 day cruises (one with sister, one with me)  and 28 points.  I have 1 7 day cruise (with her) but also 28 points.  

one day they'll wake up & take the points back - with no explanation or communication with you. 

I'm going to guess your spouse was on the Millennium from Vancouver to Tokyo, Sept. 6 sailing.  Although it's listed as a 15 night cruise, they award 16 nights of Captain's Club points (one gets credit for the "missing" date line day. Nice, huh?).  Otherwise, as others have noted, since your accounts are linked, you get the points too.  Nothing wrong, not a Celebrity IT problem, not a gift horse, just Celebrity erring on the side of good customer service. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv
  • Like 1