R-class post refurbishment

ropomo

Sail on Regatta in just over a week, second sailing after refurbishment.  I've seen the answer to this question for non-refurbished ships and was hoping someone knows the answer regarding cabin technology upgrades.  Do the TVs have HDMI input that can be used to view from computer, tablet, etc.?  Don't want to bother taking cable if not usable.

While the new Samsung TVs probably have all the connectors one might expect, whether they have been deactivated is another story.

We were recently on Riviera and had no reason to examine the back of the set. The combo of four channels of scheduled broadcast movies and the varied "on demand" selections (similar to that on an intercontinental flight bizclass) made for plenty of variety.

8 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

We were recently on Riviera and had no reason to examine the back of the set. The combo of four channels of scheduled broadcast movies and the varied "on demand" selections (similar to that on an intercontinental flight bizclass) made for plenty of variety.

Yes, I'm sure there will be plenty of variety to suit our needs.  I was interested from the perspective of being able to review our days photos.  Not essential, but easier than passing computer back and forth between the two of us.

3 hours ago, ropomo said:

Yes, I'm sure there will be plenty of variety to suit our needs.  I was interested from the perspective of being able to review our days photos.  Not essential, but easier than passing computer back and forth between the two of us.

I put our netbook  on the table  & sit on the sofa together & view them

It may work for you

19 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

ropomo, once you are onboard, if you have time...  please share  your thoughts on the Regatta's new look!  We will be aboard in November.  Looking forward to seeing all the updates.

Will do as internet allows.  First cruise on O so I won't have anything to compare it to.

2 minutes ago, ropomo said:

Will do as internet allows.  First cruise on O so I won't have anything to compare it to.

Thanks!  Actually, I really enjoy reading reports from guests on a new line for the first time. 

This will be our second O cruise, the first being on the Nautica (another R class ship) about a year ago.  It will be interesting to see the changes after the OceaniaNEXT renovations.

Based on our first O sailing, I'll wager that you are in store for a wonderful time.  Are you disembarking in San Francisco or Papeete?  We're boarding in Papeete.

We are Miami to San Francisco.  Our last several cruises have been Viking, so we will be interested in the differences.  Viking may have spoiled me however with their $20/day unlimited beverage package as I understand O's drink prices are a bit stiff 🙄 and the equivalent package on O is nearly $60/day

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ropomo said:

We are Miami to San Francisco.  Our last several cruises have been Viking, so we will be interested in the differences.  Viking may have spoiled me however with their $20/day unlimited beverage package as I understand O's drink prices are a bit stiff 🙄 and the equivalent package on O is nearly $60/day

what do you get with the Viking package  for $20 PP PD?

51 minutes ago, ropomo said:

Nothing is free on Oceania, or Viking.

The upcharge on O is the same as Viking, but nondrinkers are not paying for their drinks in the O prices.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, sitraveler said:

Nothing is free on Oceania, or Viking.

The upcharge on O is the same as Viking, but nondrinkers are not paying for their drinks in the O prices.

I agree, nothing is free.  However, embedded in the base fare on Viking is complimentary wine or beer with lunch and dinner.  Then for $20/day you can upgrade to the equivalent to the O premium beer, wine, spirits any time.  Only real difference is that you don't get hit with another charge that you actually see as a line item.  Also, individual drinks are significantly less expensive on Viking vs. what I have read here.  Example, wine by glass typically $6, spirits such as Jack Daniels $8.  Also agree with the statement that non-drinkers subsidize the drinkers, but since I'm a drinker its moot to me.

Edited by ropomo