Footstools back yet?

lizinindy

32 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

Well folks...here's the "official" word emailed to me from Celebrity as to my footstool inquiry:

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises. We are delighted you will be sailing with our cruise line. I am pleased to have this opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

At this time Celebrity Cruises will continue with the new stateroom layout and design that was proposed in our fleet wide Celebrity Revolution. Unfortunately, there currently are no plans to place the footstools back in the staterooms. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I can advise that you are more than welcome to bring your inflatable footstool onboard the ship. 

In other words, we're sticking with our decision and don't care what our customers think.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I wonder why i was told they are coming back in 2 months.

32 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

Well folks...here's the "official" word emailed to me from Celebrity as to my footstool inquiry:

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises. We are delighted you will be sailing with our cruise line. I am pleased to have this opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

At this time Celebrity Cruises will continue with the new stateroom layout and design that was proposed in our fleet wide Celebrity Revolution. Unfortunately, there currently are no plans to place the footstools back in the staterooms. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I can advise that you are more than welcome to bring your inflatable footstool onboard the ship. 

I hope you wrote back to "celebrity" quoting LLP's statement on cruise critic....      It does sound familiar though...that aqua Water statement she made with same end result....nothing!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lizinindy said:

Thank you for checking and letting us know, lizinindy.

I just put my large, flat inflatable ball back into my suitcase.

Since the official word is that we are more than welcome to bring them onboard, maybe they will get the message if there are enough of us lined up at Guest Relations asking to have them inflated at the beginning of every Celebrity cruise.........

Edited by varoo
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, varoo said:

Since the official word is that we are more than welcome to bring them onboard, maybe they will get the message if there are enough of us lined up at Guest Relations asking to have them inflated at the beginning of every Celebrity cruise.........

This is so good. I wish it was my idea. Well done!

Special needs for Celebrity just responded for Summit cruise in a few weeks request. Will honor my distilled water and extension cord for my CPAC at no cost. Also asked for a footstool.  Told couldn't fill because there was non on board. At least I tried. Will go with the blow up beach ball now,

Edited by cruisin 07
Correction

8 minutes ago, cruisin 07 said:

Special needs for Celebrity just responded for Summit cruise in a few weeks request. Will honor my distilled water and extension cord for my CPAC at no cost. Also asked for a footstool.  Told couldn't fill because there was non on board. At least I tried. Will go with the blow up beach ball now,

I was in an accessible room on Equinox last month.  I asked for a footstool and was brought the shower chair.  I guess its better than nothing if you don't want to bring the beach ball.  If the asst head of housekeeping was correct, the stools will return towards the end of November.   Only time will tell. 

when we were on the equinox a couple of weeks ago we met a couple in the lift who were on their way to speak to the c club rep as they were in a c1 cabin but had no footstools and had not received canapes so wondered why c1 cabins were extra money.......

On 10/8/2019 at 11:14 AM, ghstudio said:

Have you tried the Celebrity Brand shampoo?   First stop at the first port was to buy shampoo....

Just got off the Millenium and did try both the shampoo and conditioner.  First time in my life that the conditioner left my hair

dry and stiff.  I mistakenly thought it was supposed to be soft and fluffy.

Millie just revolutionized!  Many comments from others that the designer had never lived on or been on a cruise  ship.

No more pictures on the walls.  Absolutely nowhere to place a room service tray once received. Maybe it's just as well because the room service menu has been dwindled down to the point where there is hardly anything one might want.  Are they trying to discourage room services?

Bathroom with only one light over the vanity.

Toilet and shower areas very dark.

TP holder that doesn't work.  Yes, that's right.  Touch the roll or try to pull off a couple squares and it falls off the holder.  And usually rolls across the bathroom floor just when you need it most!  Go ahead, try to retrieve it at that point.

If you like monochromatic shades of grey, you'll love the new designer look.  Actual living there can be a bit of a challenge.

I really do miss the old look.  It was very nice.

34 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I was in an accessible room on Equinox last month.  I asked for a footstool and was brought the shower chair.  I guess its better than nothing if you don't want to bring the beach ball.  If the asst head of housekeeping was correct, the stools will return towards the end of November.   Only time will tell. 

Interesting.  I just got off the Millenium and had a chance to talk briefly to the Captain about the absence of a small table to set room service orders.  He replied that there had many complaints about this and that 1000 new tables had been ordered but that the process would take a couple months.

Calicakes, this has a familiar ring to it!  We'll see. 

• Thanks 1

Remember the saying that the check is in the mail?  

I don't expect the footstools to make a re-appearance.  I remember when the Aqua Class bottled  water policy had been changed a few years ago.  I brought it up at the Meet and Greet and none of the Officers had heard about the change.  But the room attendants knew.  Interesting....

I truly can't believe the official response that you are "welcome to bring your inflatable footstool onboard".  This just says so much a about the current corporate mentality.  Basically, take what we dish out or leave.  Of course, we can always bring our inflatables to sit on in other areas.  May be easier to get up off of them than some of newly specified seating.

13 hours ago, SkystheLimit said:

I truly can't believe the official response that you are "welcome to bring your inflatable footstool onboard".  This just says so much a about the current corporate mentality.  Basically, take what we dish out or leave.  Of course, we can always bring our inflatables to sit on in other areas.  May be easier to get up off of them than some of newly specified seating.

I agree that the official response about bringing an inflatable footstool sounds very fishy to me.  Has anybody else received this official response?  

Well...it may sound fishy...but it's a copy and paste of the Celebrity (oh dear--I can't remember..Celebrity Care, Celebrity customer care??) sent back to me after my inquiry. I eliminated the name of the person who was the author of this response but I'd be happy to email it to you.