Kids disappeared off our MTD Reservation

kateg

I'm trying not to panic and it probably isn't a big deal but.  This year I told my teenagers that we would all have dinner together in the MDR EVERY night.  I booked this cruise over a year and a half ago and I made all my show and dining reservations as soon as they were offered in the cruise planner.  Just by happenstance I was looking through our reservations and noticed that my kids are only showing on our dining reservation for the first night- even though I know I made our reservations with all 4 of us each night.  The kids are in an adjoining room and have a different reservation number so they had to be added separately.  I thought I would just modify our reservations to include them -I figured it was a computer glitch- But when I tried to go back and add the kids to our reservation all the "good" times are gone.  I read on another thread that you can literally just show up to the MTD MDR with no reservation.  Is that what we should do? is there a better approach?  

I'd trying calling and see if they can add your kids. We had something similar happen for our cruise last April. I know I made reservations for 6, but some of the nights only showed 4. I called and spoke with someone and she was able to get everything straightened out.

If calling ahead of time doesn't work out, then I would try to make reservations once on board. I would keep the reservations you have and see if the kids could be added first. If all else fails, just do the no reservation line. It looked like it was moving fairly quickly on our cruise.

Good luck!

It can be sorted out on board but if you can get it done with a call before you board it's helpful.

On our last cruise on the Allure we had MTD reservations for some but not all nights.  For whatever reason it wouldn't give us a reservation.   The first night we all showed up (3 cabins) they had no problem getting us a table immediately and without a reservation.  They told us that the reservations we THOUGHT we had for other nights were, in fact, not together...  but they promised to fix it.  The next night we showed up as a group and they said the reservations were still separate... so we had to wait for a table about 15 minutes - but they promised to fix it (again).  For the remainder of the cruise we had a MTD reservation, together and at the same table and no wait.

Same happened to us.  Just got off Harmony and we went to MDR on embarkation and talked to them to get it straightened out.  Said there were no tables available at 6:15 (our specified time on planner) and to simply show up at the "with reservation" line at that time and when they ck you in, say there are 4 in our party.  Worked fine every night. Have a great cruise.