St Lucia excursion has been changed

Savage2017

Hi,

We booked and paid for a Pitons cruise and snorkel excursion in St Lucia with Celebrity but I have been informed it’s now called Cruise and Snorkel at Marine Park. The excursion is now a coastal cruise followed by snorkel in the marine park, and the excursion is now 3hrs rather than 4hrs. 

What originally attracted us to the excursion was the snorkel at the Pitons, which is now not the case. Where on the island or what is the Marine Park, has anyone been to it? We have done a coastal cruise before of St Lucia therefore We are considering cancelling as this is not what we booked and paid for but unsure of our options or if the Marine Park is worth it?

Would you recommend any other excursions?

thanks as always for your help 😎

Edited by Savage2017

Thanks for reminder, meant to add it to port of call 👌  I looked it up on TripAdvisor but not much information and usually that’s one of my go to sites when researching. I’m hoping someone on cruise critic has more information on either the place or if they have experienced a change in a pre booked excursion before I call celebrity. 

😎

Try this link..seems pitons are in view

http://allaboutstlucia.com/smma/

Hope this helps,  but is not a definitive answer!

We did an X  excursion yrs ago..

It was small boat from where the ship docked, with a wet landing on a small rocky beach with no amenities  beyond beach chairs.  Had great views of  the Pitons but not so great snorkeling. 

The boat stopped on the way at a  2 resorts to pick up  others which  wasted alot of  time, and we were not told in advance that  it would make other stops   

But it was all scenic and seeing the Pitons from a fairly close  point was quite a thrill.

Hope you get the answers.  Call Cap Club or send inquiry to Celeb  One Touch or Excursions Dept.  

• Like 1

We've had numerous land holidays in St. Lucia as well as having visited multiple time on cruises. We've found Spencer Ambrose to be excellent, and his Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break excursion will give you 4-5 hours to snorkel between the Pitons in the marine park. He also offers a variety of other snorkeling tours that you might find interesting: http://spencerambrose.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Savage2017 said:

Hi,

We booked and paid for a Pitons cruise and snorkel excursion in St Lucia with Celebrity but I have been informed it’s now called Cruise and Snorkel at Marine Park. The excursion is now a coastal cruise followed by snorkel in the marine park, and the excursion is now 3hrs rather than 4hrs. 

What originally attracted us to the excursion was the snorkel at the Pitons, which is now not the case. Where on the island or what is the Marine Park, has anyone been to it? We have done a coastal cruise before of St Lucia therefore We are considering cancelling as this is not what we booked and paid for but unsure of our options or if the Marine Park is worth it?

Would you recommend any other excursions?

thanks as always for your help 😎

What date is your sailing?

At a minimum, if you do go on this excursion, do go to shore excursion desk and request a 25% refund.  If you paid for four hours and only get three, that’s an hourly overcharge.

We have a similar tour booked for next weeks cruise so will be checking out what we receive vs booked.  I’ve copied and pasted our excursions into a schedule - I’m always wondering how long an excursion should last and what time we should return.

• Like 1

I did this excursion a couple of years ago and I'd pass on doing it again.  The snorkeling was at best so-so.  There were coral and a fair number of fish but it wasn't a very nice location.  It was directly next to an dock used by a lot of boats coming to a resort and beach.  The snorkeling area was marked by some rope and floats.   The ride seemed long to the Pitons and actually a little boring.  We were on a large double deck motorized catamaran.   The idea of snorkeling by the Pitons sounded great but in reality when you are right next to them, you lose perspective.    If a private guide has other snorkeling good areas, I'd consider them.  However when I do a search of the area I really don't find any rave reviews about snorkeling in St Lucia.  If your interest is in snorkeling, I'd save your money for another stop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

We've had numerous land holidays in St. Lucia as well as having visited multiple time on cruises. We've found Spencer Ambrose to be excellent, and his Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break excursion will give you 4-5 hours to snorkel between the Pitons in the marine park. He also offers a variety of other snorkeling tours that you might find interesting: http://spencerambrose.com

We have done Spencer Ambrose twice and are scheduled a 3rd time. Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break is wonderful. We also once did an all day excursion with them including the mud baths, etc. 

17 minutes ago, Bethcb said:

We have done Spencer Ambrose twice and are scheduled a 3rd time. Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break is wonderful. We also once did an all day excursion with them including the mud baths, etc. 

That was our 1st excursion with Spencer.