Captains Club chat agents

clojacks

Is there a secret to getting the Captains Club chat feature to appear when using the Celebrity webpage? Should you be logged in? Not logged in? Access through the Captains Club Overview menu option? It shouldn't be this difficult to use. I've used it in the past, but today it isn't popping up on the bottom of my page where it usually does. Before, someone chimes in, I KNOW I can always call the Captains Club but that's not the question I'm asking.

I don't have the secret answer. I do know when I was trying to get to it I had to do a pretend booking - usually just hit on a cruise and when I got to the second page the chat showed up. 

Maybe this will work until the real experts chime in...

3 minutes ago, sportsmum said:

I don't have the secret answer. I do know when I was trying to get to it I had to do a pretend booking - usually just hit on a cruise and when I got to the second page the chat showed up. 

Maybe this will work until the real experts chime in...

I think you are correct on how Celebrity now has it configured.   Years back I use to be one of those pop up people during a trial of using an external service.   

I know you can usually get it one to pop up if you do as Sportmum suggested above.   The other constraint will be how many agents are logged on and how many open slots are available.  

On UK site it is very random which is unfortunate as when it is "open" the agents are very helpful and it is much better than a telephone call. I have used it a few times and gained access just by logging on to the Celebrity UK site, but as I said it can be random and not always appear as an option.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I've tried different solutions, and have not seen the little "CHAT balloon pop up once today. Not the end of the world, but my convenience and, actually, as someone else said, the accuracy of the chat answers, are why I like to use it.

Not that I am anything other than curious, but I tried to see if the good old blue "CHAT" balloon was available this morning, and I still don't see it anywhere. Is it possible that Celebrity has done away with a very valuable and current method of acquiring information?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 9:37 AM, clojacks said:

Not that I am anything other than curious, but I tried to see if the good old blue "CHAT" balloon was available this morning, and I still don't see it anywhere. Is it possible that Celebrity has done away with a very valuable and current method of acquiring information?

Just trying to bring this up to see if anyone else is having trouble getting the chat balloon to appear on the Captains Club pages. It is a week later than my OP, and I still can't see it. Does anyone know if Celebrity has just done away with it?

21 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Just trying to bring this up to see if anyone else is having trouble getting the chat balloon to appear on the Captains Club pages. It is a week later than my OP, and I still can't see it. Does anyone know if Celebrity has just done away with it?

I just saw it on the "Captain's Club Exclusive Offers" page. Unfortunately it's not possible to link to the chat window outside of Celebrity's website, as each chat gets a unique "key" which can only be used once.

Make sure you disable any ad-blocker, as they are known to hide/block chat launcher on many websites, and otherwise try a few different sub-pages; try making a mock reservation, many have had luck getting the box to pop up on the pages during making a reservation.

• Like 1

Like I said, I just got through to their chat on an old version of IE, and the agent was surprised and said she would pass it on. I tried removing ad blockers, searching, you name it on Chrome, and the only pop out I got to appear was the "feedback" one. Oh well, I got the info I needed, but you shouldn't have to try different browsers....

28 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

I just saw it on the "Captain's Club Exclusive Offers" page. Unfortunately it's not possible to link to the chat window outside of Celebrity's website, as each chat gets a unique "key" which can only be used once.

Make sure you disable any ad-blocker, as they are known to hide/block chat launcher on many websites, and otherwise try a few different sub-pages; try making a mock reservation, many have had luck getting the box to pop up on the pages during making a reservation.

The only thing that pops out on the "Captains Club Exclusive Offers" page is the little feedback balloon on the side for me. No Chat Balloon.

1 minute ago, clojacks said:

The only thing that pops out on the "Captains Club Exclusive Offers" page is the little feedback balloon on the side for me. No Chat Balloon.

I did not get a “balloon” but on the bottom right corner was a blue box that said “Ask us anything” (or something like that). On the bottom,  not the side. 

4 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I did not get a “balloon” but on the bottom right corner was a blue box that said “Ask us anything” (or something like that). On the bottom,  not the side. 

That's what I am referring to as the Chat Balloon, but for me, it will not appear on Chrome, just IE

Edited by clojacks