Free WiFi minutes for LCV membership

biggersn

Not so great news . . . on Pursuit now where a new system is in place in which we set our own user names and passwords for our 120 LCV minutes.

Any unused minutes at the end of the first leg of B2B cruises no longer roll over to the next cruise. Like unused OBC the unused minutes disappear into the wide blue yonder. 🤔

WHY??

We have always liked to have a little extra up our sleeves in case of alterations to travel in the day or days prior to disembarkation.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:13 PM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

You are quite right, you can use the free minutes you are entitled to as an LCV member, without buying a package. This is what it says in the LCV terms and conditions.

“Complimentary Internet: This benefit will be available to all Le Club Voyage members. Members will receive the following complimentary internet minutes.

LE CLUB VOYAGE LEVEL COMPLIMENTARY INTERNET MINUTES PER PERSON
Adventurer (0 – 149 points) 30 minutes
Explorer (150 – 299 points) 60 minutes
Discoverer (300 – 749 points) 90 minutes
Discoverer Plus (750 – 2,999 points) 120 minutes
Discoverer Platinum (3,000+ points) 150 minutes

Here’s a link to the UK page for the terms and conditions https://www.azamara.co.uk/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

We have always had a letter in our cabin giving us an access code to use. 
If you have this problem again I suggest you show them a copy of these t’s & c’s and if that doesn’t work, ask to speak to the Hotel Director about it.

I'm really peeved that this LCV internet allowance is the same for a 7 night cruise as it is for a 24 night cruise. You get 1 laundry voucher per 7 days, so why not the internet? Thank heavens that we booked on a deal that has unlimited wifi for one for our Mumbai to Cape Town.  Need to keep in touch with the family at home.  I wonder if the allowance can be used for the same amount off, on a 7 night cruise compared to a 24 night. I certainly hope so for the other guests as it will be very inequitable otherwise.....

10 hours ago, aussie travel bird said:

I'm really peeved that this LCV internet allowance is the same for a 7 night cruise as it is for a 24 night cruise. You get 1 laundry voucher per 7 days, so why not the internet? Thank heavens that we booked on a deal that has unlimited wifi for one for our Mumbai to Cape Town.  Need to keep in touch with the family at home.  I wonder if the allowance can be used for the same amount off, on a 7 night cruise compared to a 24 night. I certainly hope so for the other guests as it will be very inequitable otherwise.....

There is a difference though - you get the internet minutes per person (OK agree the allowance cannot be doubled up) whereas for the laundry is a paltry one voucher between two of you even on a 12 night cruise, you need to do 14 nights to get two vouchers.  

On longer cruises our experience was that the unlimited package was for a lower per night cost than it was on a 14 night cruise (our experience was a 21 night cruise).  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uktog said:

There is a difference though - you get the internet minutes per person (OK agree the allowance cannot be doubled up) whereas for the laundry is a paltry one voucher between two of you even on a 12 night cruise, you need to do 14 nights to get two vouchers.  

On longer cruises our experience was that the unlimited package was for a lower per night cost than it was on a 14 night cruise (our experience was a 21 night cruise).  

Do you mean the difference you pay to upgrade to a full WiFi package from your LCV or suite allowance is less per night for a longer cruise? 
If you buy a full cruise WiFi without any allowance, it’s $19.95 a day, however long the cruise (that’s what it says on Azamara’s website).

5 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Do you mean the difference you pay to upgrade to a full WiFi package from your LCV or suite allowance is less per night for a longer cruise? 
If you buy a full cruise WiFi without any allowance, it’s $19.95 a day, however long the cruise (that’s what it says on Azamara’s website).

What I am meaning is the total package price was below $19.95 per day the LCV allowance ($150 in our case) was the same

6 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

That’s interesting, never noticed that on any of our cruises, but then the longest one we’ve been on is 17 days.

The cruise in question as I said was 21 days

The internet minutes situation is just a mess all round. If you are fortunate to be on a back to back, the unused minutes no longer carry forward from the first cruise to the second. The allocation of the unlimited package discount being the same for a short cruise as a long one is another anomaly. On the shorter cruises your discount on the unlimited package can be higher value than the whole cost, but you don't get any credit for that. 

So many times we have heard that they will be looking at the LCV benefits, but nothing ever happens because they aren't interested in rewarding existing guests because they don't need to.  It's new money they are after with offers like the occasional unlimited package special deals they run. 

Phil