Free WiFi minutes for LCV membership

biggersn

As part of our newly acquired Discoverer LCV membership tier, we are entitled to 90 free wifi minutes. Previously, our Explorer membership tier entitled us to 60 free wifi minutes. On our last two Azamara cruises, we have been told when we enquire on board or at check in that the wifi entitlement only applies when purchasing an unlimited package. Yet the wording on the Azamara website clearly states the following as one of the benefits of Discoverer membership: "90 free WiFi minutes or $100 towards a full voyage unlimited package". Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can actually claim our entitlement, rather than being fobbed off yet again? The wording suggests that the 90 free WiFi minutes is independent of any decision whether to purchase a package or not.

57 minutes ago, biggersn said:

As part of our newly acquired Discoverer LCV membership tier, we are entitled to 90 free wifi minutes. Previously, our Explorer membership tier entitled us to 60 free wifi minutes. On our last two Azamara cruises, we have been told when we enquire on board or at check in that the wifi entitlement only applies when purchasing an unlimited package. Yet the wording on the Azamara website clearly states the following as one of the benefits of Discoverer membership: "90 free WiFi minutes or $100 towards a full voyage unlimited package". Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can actually claim our entitlement, rather than being fobbed off yet again? The wording suggests that the 90 free WiFi minutes is independent of any decision whether to purchase a package or not.

You were given wrong information.  Which ship did this? You can use the minutes without purchasing a package.  Next time, go to Guest Relations ask for the IT assistant to show you how (they usually set up a desk for them as there are many needing their help).  If for any remote reason they tell you that you need a package go and see the LCV ambassador at Future Cruise Sales or failing that ask to speak to the Guest Relations Manager.

• Like 1

You are quite right, you can use the free minutes you are entitled to as an LCV member, without buying a package. This is what it says in the LCV terms and conditions.

“Complimentary Internet: This benefit will be available to all Le Club Voyage members. Members will receive the following complimentary internet minutes.

LE CLUB VOYAGE LEVEL COMPLIMENTARY INTERNET MINUTES PER PERSON
Adventurer (0 – 149 points) 30 minutes
Explorer (150 – 299 points) 60 minutes
Discoverer (300 – 749 points) 90 minutes
Discoverer Plus (750 – 2,999 points) 120 minutes
Discoverer Platinum (3,000+ points) 150 minutes

Here’s a link to the UK page for the terms and conditions https://www.azamara.co.uk/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

We have always had a letter in our cabin giving us an access code to use. 
If you have this problem again I suggest you show them a copy of these t’s & c’s and if that doesn’t work, ask to speak to the Hotel Director about it.

• Like 1

It’s a worry when you are told this on two separate cruises.  It’s either or as previously stated. You either use your free minutes or money off an unlimited package.  Make sure you ask the right question.  I can’t remember, but think there is a code on the letter you get to enter for access to the free WiFi minutes.  Do not forget to log off each time, otherwise your minutes will just disappear. There should be instructions. 

Phil

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stag said:

Could we use the free minutes to print the airline boarding pass? If so, will there be a printer for the passes?

Absolutely log on and use your minutes there however be aware these machines are VERY slow, they've not upgraded the software running on them which causes the airline check in process to run slow.  The printer can also be offline so do not start until you are sure the printer is working and it has paper.  It is always the same, last day there is no paper, why they do not load it up more and have the IT support person up there rather than at guest relations during their "desk hours" I do not know. Its not rocket science and I have suggested it several times.  

I would allow at least 15 minutes of your internet minutes to get checked in and get a boarding pass.

On the subject of "free minutes' just an interesting FYI I discovered on the T/P on Quest in August. On X you are always shown your remaining minutes available when you log off. Not the case on AZ (at least this past August on Quest). I had to go to the Reception Desk at the end of each session to find out how many minutes I had left after that use. I was told that IT was "working on it" to have it function as it does on X.  Not very "user friendly" I"m afraid! LuAnn

On Pursuit in August we did not have the codes for our internet minutes, or the voucher for free laundry in our cabin when we embarked. I had to go to guest relations and ask for these. As we wanted to upgrade one of our internet codes to unlimited I was sent away to log in and purchase unlimited first. Then I had to return to guest services to ask them to credit our unlimited internet with the $ that we were entitled to from our "free" minutes. They also provided me with the code for our other internet entitlement, plus a laundry voucher. 

I did hear from somewhere else (can't remember where) that they are trying a new internet system, but do not understand how you would access your "free" internet minutes if they are no longer providing the access codes on embarkation, other than having to go to guest services to ask for your code, which seems to be creating extra work for them. 

Certainly guest relations can "see" your internet access codes, but they refused to provide me with both of ours, because we were upgrading one of them to unlimited.

10 hours ago, uktog said:

Absolutely log on and use your minutes there however be aware these machines are VERY slow, they've not upgraded the software running on them which causes the airline check in process to run slow.  The printer can also be offline so do not start until you are sure the printer is working and it has paper.  It is always the same, last day there is no paper, why they do not load it up more and have the IT support person up there rather than at guest relations during their "desk hours" I do not know. Its not rocket science and I have suggested it several times.  

I would allow at least 15 minutes of your internet minutes to get checked in and get a boarding pass.

When we were on Journey in July the Internet chap was at the table near the photographers on Deck 5 for a period every day.

31 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

When we were on Journey in July the Internet chap was at the table near the photographers on Deck 5 for a period every day.

Yes that is my point.  Given that the last day up in the Living Room is where everyone who has issues is (often it’s the first time some log on) and the printers are less than reliable he should be based up there that day, he’s no use on Deck 5! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes that is my point.  Given that the last day up in the Living Room is where everyone who has issues is (often it’s the first time some log on) and the printers are less than reliable he should be based up there that day, he’s no use on Deck 5! 

I agree it would be helpful.

I’ve wondered if you could ask Guest Relations, the concierge or the IT person to print off your Boarding Passes for you. I’ve never tried, but just wondered if it would be possible.

34 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I agree it would be helpful.

I’ve wondered if you could ask Guest Relations, the concierge or the IT person to print off your Boarding Passes for you. I’ve never tried, but just wondered if it would be possible.

No they will not normally do that - why would they, they sell internet packages and doing this circumvents the process.  Imagine how much it would hold them up if 200 guests all asked them to do that. 

The issue is non tech savvy people who need hand holding- we avoid the issue by putting the pass on our phones using the airline app then switching them to hard copy at the airport check in.  Alternatively at check in online use the collect at airport option. 

• Like 2

On Journey now. Discover level ,so free 90 minutes or $100 allowance against full voyage internet package.  You log in and choose one of four options,, we chose full voyage and when you click on it , it shows full price and then calculates the $100 reduction, showing you the net price. No need to visit customer relations for codes 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, combine said:

On Journey now. Discover level ,so free 90 minutes or $100 allowance against full voyage internet package.  You log in and choose one of four options,, we chose full voyage and when you click on it , it shows full price and then calculates the $100 reduction, showing you the net price. No need to visit customer relations for codes 

Much better!  Have a great cruise.  If you see guitarist Sebastian from Chile who is part of the trio (he is excellent BTW), tell him hi from me.

Phil

13 minutes ago, combine said:

That was our experience last month but we did not know if it was a test or the new system.  Its great, it looks like your LCV is tagged to your folio account number that you key in.  Its so easy to use imho

Enjoy Journey, we know a few guests onboard just now, I am sure it will be a great crowd and a good cruise.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, combine said:

Forgot to mention, we didnt have to put in our folio number just first name and year of birth and cabin number. It picked up our details from that.

Edited by combine
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, combine said:

Forgot to mention, we didnt have to put in our folio number just first name and year of birth and cabin number. It picked up our details from that.

That sounds a much better system

We are going on the Pursuit in November and yesterday I noticed that the app is already showing the full cruise WiFi package we have (was part of the promotion when we booked the cruise).

34 minutes ago, QueenP said:

But what if you are sharing an unlimited package between 2 of you? Before you would just enter the code.....how does that work now?

You still set up a user name and password so when you log off one machine you can log on another 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2019 at 12:13 AM, LuAnn said:

On the subject of "free minutes' just an interesting FYI I discovered on the T/P on Quest in August. On X you are always shown your remaining minutes available when you log off. Not the case on AZ (at least this past August on Quest). I had to go to the Reception Desk at the end of each session to find out how many minutes I had left after that use. I was told that IT was "working on it" to have it function as it does on X.  Not very "user friendly" I"m afraid! LuAnn

When you logout.com It now shows remaining minutes if you have a minutes package.

• Like 2