So nervous to try NCL we love Royal caribbean differences please

lolo26

20 hours ago, pamrose228 said:

No one mentioned HAL. Best food on any cruise line hands down.

Since we’re on the topic, how does Celebrity compare to HAL on food? I like that X is a bit more modern than HAL, but is the food as good? My 80 year old father in law sailed HAL a few years ago and even he was complaining about all “old people” (his words). 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, lolo26 said:

Hello please give us the differences- will we be disappointed

We’re pretty loyal to RCL but do cruise on Ncl occasionally. Doing the Gem for 14 nights soon.

We loved Ncl second city comedy but it’s now gone.

The pub has hot wings and comfort food many hours. The entertainment is similar. Sometimes many fellow passengers are very happy with their so called free drink package and watching them is free entertainment.

We’re elite on Celebrity and diamond on RCL.

RCL activities and perks for loyalty are very nice. In the past the singers and comedy and shows were quite nice. MDR can be excellent as it was on Spirit a few years ago. Food was decent on the Dawn and Epic.

White hot party at back of ship on Epic was fantastic.

3 hours ago, tomservo said:

Since we’re on the topic, how does Celebrity compare to HAL on food? I like that X is a bit more modern than HAL, but is the food as good? My 80 year old father in law sailed HAL a few years ago and even he was complaining about all “old people” (his words). 

e happen to prefer HAL over Celebrity and love the food, but certainly the food on celebrity is super good. The only thing about HAL which we were not crazy over was the specialty dining room. I think it was french but could be wrong. Anyway the food was good, not outstanding but very good. I problem was with the particular server we had.He left a lot to be desired. He was rather smug and had a phony French accent which all 4 of us found annoying. 

10 hours ago, cementhands said:

We’re pretty loyal to RCL but do cruise on Ncl occasionally. Doing the Gem for 14 nights soon.

We loved Ncl second city comedy but it’s now gone.

The pub has hot wings and comfort food many hours. The entertainment is similar. Sometimes many fellow passengers are very happy with their so called free drink package and watching them is free entertainment.

We’re elite on Celebrity and diamond on RCL.

RCL activities and perks for loyalty are very nice. In the past the singers and comedy and shows were quite nice. MDR can be excellent as it was on Spirit a few years ago. Food was decent on the Dawn and Epic.

White hot party at back of ship on Epic was fantastic.

See if this works.  Glow Party on the Getaway at Spice H2O.

We are Diamond on RC.  We had heard good things about NCL so we decided to give them a try.  The lines are similar but we give NCL the edge for dining options, drink packages, entertainment, and having the 24 hour restaurant available.  We would not hesitate taking another cruise on RC if the cost was good.  With the drink package and specialty dining packages free (excluding service charge) we haven’t seen lower pricing for the things we like. 

Edited by cincicruisers

On 10/12/2019 at 10:37 AM, graphicguy said:

My TA has the best advice for me when I’m trying to pick a cruise....”which cruise excites you more than the others?  That’s the one you take!”

I'd fire them.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:57 PM, GA Dave said:

One more plus for NCL:  They have Rebellious Fish!!!

Capture.JPG

Also.  Fish on the carpet. 

It's a little thing, but of the 3 I've been on, NCL, makes it easy to know what direction you are going.

If you walk with the fish, you're heading to the front.  If you walk against the fish, you're heading to the back.

On Carnival, my wonderful cabin steward, would often have to tell me I was going in the wrong direction to my room.  And that is why i fully appreciate the Norwegian fish.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fabuloso said:

Also.  Fish on the carpet. 

It's a little thing, but of the 3 I've been on, NCL, makes it easy to know what direction you are going.

If you walk with the fish, you're heading to the front.  If you walk against the fish, you're heading to the back.

On Carnival, my wonderful cabin steward, would often have to tell me I was going in the wrong direction to my room.  And that is why i fully appreciate the Norwegian fish.

There are rebellious fish in the carpet....occasionally one swimming the wrong way..hence the name of the drink.

• Haha 1

I've been on RC, NCL and now Carnival.  For the most part, its little things that make them different.  Like whimsical drinks and directions on the floor.

But the one consistent thing I have found on all three cruise lines is an outstanding staff.