Viking promotion for October 2019

Carolyn448

I was looking at the Ancient Mediterranean Treasures cruise for 2021several days ago and the promotion was $400 off airfare and special cruise fares without any details. I just looked at the Viking site again and they had changed the posting to reflect the lower airfare and now seem to be showing a discount on some classes of cabins. I'm now thinking that the newer listing does reflect the actual discounts, so my question may have been answered. 

• Like 1

We just booked a cruise for 2021 and the big draw of "Book now, Pay later" is the fact that your final payment is 6 months from the sail date instead of the normal 18 or 12 months.

The airfare option was also discounted, but that was the case last month as well when we first started looking at VO. You can see the discount if you look at specific sailings. There was also a discount on the fare, but again it was similar to last months sale. The biggest change seemed to be the final payment date as far as I could tell. but I'm by no means a VO expert as this will be our first cruise with them. 🙂 

Edited by prim8keeper
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, deec said:

anyone ever see a "free"  silver spirit package with any promotions?

Yes. It was almost 3 years ago. We booked a river cruise and the promotion was A choice of one:  free tips, free silver spirits or on board credit (I forgot how much). We took free tips which, at the time, was not billed like they do today.

22 minutes ago, deec said:

anyone ever see a "free"  silver spirit package with any promotions?

I think it depends where in the world you are. We received SS package inclusion for our 18 day South America cruise next year. We booked in November last year (basically 2 years in advance). At that time the promotion (in Australia) applied to all bookings for the South America cruise for 2020 (I think it was for all cabins as well, but not sure about that). The promotion ran for a couple of months. I'm not sure if they ran that same promotion in other locations for the same cruise itinerary.

29 minutes ago, just_dont said:

It was offered around August 2018. We got it when we booked our June 2019 Midnight Sun cruise.
I don't recall seeing it since.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We got a free silver spirits package when we booked in August 2018 for In Search of the Northern Lights in February 2019.  Nice upgrade!

12 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

My question for all of you who were offered various freebies is whether they were offered by Viking or your travel agent?

Direct with Viking. In Aust ... the SS promotion was shown in the Viking website when you logged in.

Edited by Cleopatra99
error

thanks everyone...I guess I have just been unlucky about when I book!

FYI...if you know you want the SSpackage during a river cruise make sure to order it BEFORE leaving home and you will be billed in USD's if you wait until you are onboard you will be charged in Euros.....depending on the exchange rate....one can be a better deal than the other.

Were I considering the $$ for the Silver Spirits package, I'd wait until boarding and ask to see that ship's cruise current onboard list of wines, scotch etc. to judge its worth it to me vs Viking's very reasonable a la carte pricing.  Onboard Ocean is billed in $ and onboard River is billed in Euros.  If using a credit card choose one without foreign conversion fees and don't ask to be billed in $, if you even can be.  Your credit card conversion rate should be close to market.

• Like 2