Where does it show refundable deposit?

okeytaco

If it’s non-refundable, it will clearly state so in the DEPOSIT AND FINAL PAYMENT SCHEDULE that a $100 pp fee will be charged for date or ship change.   If refundable, nothing will be mentioned of the NRD policy. 

Edited by HicksRA

Okay, thanks!  In the Deposit and Final Payment Schedule it just says "Your deposit has been posted to your reservation. Final Payment is due 07 Feb 2021, 5:00PM EST so I guess that means it is refundable.  We have insurance but it will be much easier if we have to cancel not having to get a doctor's statement and file the insurance.  Thanks again.

From my experience this is what I have seen:

Under the area CRUISE FARE where it lists the type of cruise, BOGO or what ever you booked under, it will NOT have NRD after it if it is refundable. In the area of PROMOTIONS APPLIED if there are terms under that and NRD isn’t listed there then it Is refundable. 

if you see NRD then it is not refundable. 

• Like 1

I also asked an agent because I had a refundable cruise and called to get the latest special well she messed it up and went to NRD and said she had to put me on hold....so said it was fixed. (they ended up having to cancel it...some way no charge was not my fault...I made sure couple times telling her I don't want the special if it will take my refundable deposit away!   I was bad and called back to make sure I didn't see it either and it is that if it is NRD will list the fee's.

I felt $94 extra for 3 of us on a cruise Jan 2021 for my daughters graduation gift from college was worth it...cause too many things can change and I wanted a certain room.  When you have to put all your information in and at the end it will ask if you want refundable deposit and tell how much it will cost.  I have noticed the rate varies per cruise and how what kind of room you get.

56 minutes ago, sj25 said:

I also asked an agent because I had a refundable cruise and called to get the latest special well she messed it up and went to NRD and said she had to put me on hold....so said it was fixed. (they ended up having to cancel it...some way no charge was not my fault...I made sure couple times telling her I don't want the special if it will take my refundable deposit away!   I was bad and called back to make sure I didn't see it either and it is that if it is NRD will list the fee's.

I felt $94 extra for 3 of us on a cruise Jan 2021 for my daughters graduation gift from college was worth it...cause too many things can change and I wanted a certain room.  When you have to put all your information in and at the end it will ask if you want refundable deposit and tell how much it will cost.  I have noticed the rate varies per cruise and how what kind of room you get.

I have had the same problem a couple of times where when I ask for refundable they go ahead and make it non refundable.  I ALWAYS cancel that one as I could foresee problems down the line when and if you go to change it and they look it up and say that at one point it was nonrefundable.  Better safe than sorry 

On 10/14/2019 at 10:12 AM, molly361 said:

I have had the same problem a couple of times where when I ask for refundable they go ahead and make it non refundable.  I ALWAYS cancel that one as I could foresee problems down the line when and if you go to change it and they look it up and say that at one point it was nonrefundable.  Better safe than sorry 

I know I wasn't going to take a chance...and figured it was just done better to call back and make sure.

Not that I don't trust them...

I have learned a lot over the years to keep making sure things are good if you change things or you book reservations I will keep checking on them....

I just had a nightmare with "Trivago...a site(hotelsforeveryone) they took me to feeling it was safe and back them up.

Well make story short had a reservation number and all booked year ahead of time and was checking back and to find out the company that did the reservation went out of business and called the hotel and didn't have any reservation they had canceled it.  I had paid it ahead ...now so far trivago did stand behind me if I don't get my money back from my credit card they will step up.  But if I was one just to show up I wouldn't of had a hotel room on Valentines Night before cruise.

In the Deposit and Final Payment Section:

Non-refundable verbiage:

• Your deposit has been posted to your reservation. The minimum deposit for this reservation is non-refundable. Final Payment is due by 16 AUG 2020, 5:00 PM EST. A change fee of $100 USD per guest will apply for ship or sail date changes. The balance due must be paid in full by the final date listed above to prevent booking from cancelling. Balance and payments may not reflect transactions made within the past 48 hours.

Refundable verbiage:

• Your deposit has been posted to your reservation.. Final Payment is due by 22 NOV 2020, 5:00 PM EST.  The balance due must be paid in full by the final date listed above to prevent booking from cancelling. Balance and payments may not reflect transactions made within the past 48 hours.

Bold text is the clue that it's NRD.