Vegetarian at Guy's Burgers

estrawn

Our group includes a vegetarian who likes to strictly follow proper practices.  She loves french fries but stays away from any that are cooked in oil containing animal fat.  Does anyone here know the fry oil content at Guy's?

Some people just need to do themselves a favor and simply just stay away from Guys Burgers. At amazes me to read about vegans/vegetarians inquiring about a burger joint ..... Just go to the buffet like others have mentioned. I can’t even imagine the eye rolling the staff does on each cruise by the questions they get from people aboard ...... 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Some people just need to do themselves a favor and simply just stay away from Guys Burgers. At amazes me to read about vegans/vegetarians inquiring about a burger joint ..... Just go to the buffet like others have mentioned. I can’t even imagine the eye rolling the staff does on each cruise by the questions they get from people aboard ...... 

The OP is asking about which type of oil is used to cook the fries. Fries are on Guy's menu. Seems like a fair question to me. McDonald's took decades to admit their fry oil contained beef lard when they claimed it did not. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

The OP is asking about which type of oil is used to cook the fries. Fries are on Guy's menu. Seems like a fair question to me. McDonald's took decades to admit their fry oil contained beef lard when they claimed it did not. 

I’m aware of what was asked. It’s just the idea of having a strict vegetarian standing at the counter of Guys Burgers asking about oil content with blank expressions from the staff when there are so many other food options aboard ..... but hey, that’s just me. Whatever though ......

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

Exactly.  I've had Guy's fries and they are great so I know she would love them along with her veggie burger as long as there's no lard mixed in the oil.  Just gives her an additional choice in food to make her cruise enjoyable.  It also allows her to participate when the group makes a Guy's visit rather than having to go off to the buffet or elsewhere by herself.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

If I were a strict vegetarian I would just play it safe and avoid Guys Burgers fries if you are not sure. Plenty of other options on the ship. 

Oh we will be hitting all the other options too but nice to have an additional venue to experience.  Remember, variety is the spice of life!😎

4 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

What is so shocking about a vegetarian inquiring about a veggie burger?  Virtually every restaurant offers veggie burger options nowadays - even Burger King rolled out the Impossible Burger nationwide.  So again, why would a vegetarian need to stay away from a burger place?  It's actually highly unusual NOT to serve a veggie burger, which causes a lot of questions. 

My kids don't eat meat.  The Guys workers were more than happy to make them little grilled cheese sandwiches and almost seemed happy to do something other than slinging precooked meat off trays 

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cushing985 said:

I'm on a very strict diet due to a heart attack experienced several years ago.  Do you all think a double-double cheeseburger and a double order of fries would have any impact?

You should be fine as long as you stay away from the Donkey Sauce 😁

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I’m aware of what was asked. It’s just the idea of having a strict vegetarian standing at the counter of Guys Burgers asking about oil content with blank expressions from the staff when there are so many other food options aboard ..... but hey, that’s just me. Whatever though ......

Why should we be restricted as to where we can eat ? All the eating areas should cater for vegetarians , and  provide as many choices .I have looked at the menu examples for mdr  and there doesn't seem to be a lot of vegetarian choice , and it's all very well saying eat at the buffet but would prefer to eat with the rest of my party !

• Like 2