Indy or navigator?

I've been on both twice, if I had to choose between the two I'd pick Indy. The Freedom class has always been a favorite, but it was one of the first two ships to be "Amped" and retained a lot of its original pre-refit features while still getting a very nice facelift (a lot like Mariner did - which would be my top recommendation, if you are willing to do Port Canaveral). Navigator was pretty heavily reorganized during its upgrade and while it looks super nice, I miss it the way it was and will probably skip it going forward... Nothing bad to say about Indy at all though, I'd get back on that one in a heartbeat! Just my opinion though!

Edited by JasonMason

6 hours ago, healthworker said:

Hi! Couple in our fifties trying to decide between these two for four day June cruise. Thoughts? Will be our first cruise as diamond!

We would normally prefer Voyager class (Navigator in this case) because of the 500 fewer guests and almost identical bells and whistles on the two ships now.  However, since the last update when Royal decimated the fitness center on Navigator, we would probably go with Indy, which still has the free saunas and steamrooms.

• Like 1

I've done a 4 nighter on both and love them both so a hard one. 

For myself, I rank Indy above Navigator but mostly because I prefer larger ships and for my personal like, I preferred the shows on Indy. I'm a Broadway lover and so really enjoyed Grease and Once Upon a Time (vs Navigator that has Ballroom production show and another - great Royal performers but just not my style).  It also has an additional kids pool which spreads out crowds a bit.

However, I will say that I love what they did with Navigator with the Amplificaitons.  The decks are great with different kinds of seating (and bright and colourful...giving it a colourful fun vibe).  Indy also has the addition of El Loco Fresh (although Indy has Sorrentos).  Slides are better on Navigator but the Blaster does get stuck the odd time which slows down lines. Navigator also had the best Schooner bar performer in the evenings but not sure if that varies from cruise to cruise. (We were there in August so depends on when you are going).

Can't comment on the Diamond perspective.

You can't go wrong with either.

Edited by LuCruise

8 hours ago, healthworker said:

Hi! Couple in our fifties trying to decide between these two for four day June cruise. Thoughts? Will be our first cruise as diamond!

Indy has a very nice diamond lounge with an outside area overlooking the sports Court. Have not cruised on Navigator as Diamond so do not know what their lounge is like. Indy also had very good shows on our recent Med cruise 

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Indy has a very nice diamond lounge with an outside area overlooking the sports Court. Have not cruised on Navigator as Diamond so do not know what their lounge is like. Indy also had very good shows on our recent Med cruise 

Navigator lost the expansive views from the DL during the last dry dock.  The DL was moved to the old cigar lounge on deck 5.

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't know that. What did the put in the old DL?

Suite Lounge.  They had already used the old card and game rooms (with your piano) for Izumi, and I guess that made more money than a lounge.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Indy just went up a few more notches over Navigator in my book.

Yeah, we love the size of Voyager class, but I doubt we will sail on Navigator again with all the changes ... which was probably Royal's objective.