Need Suggestions for travel from FLL to Miami and place to stay

coolio111

Hi all I need your suggestions, opinions and insight.

My family of 4 will be landing at FLL around 11am we need to travel to Miami with a check in time of 3pm.

Was thinking of taking Uber to Miami, but would train be better since it will take a bit longer, so we can kill sometime. We will also need to eat lunch/grab a bite to eat but don't know where since we will have our luggage.

I have booked us through airbnb with a superhost at The Club, please give me your thoughts on this place/ location and do you know or have information if airbnb are allowed at this place.

Thanks

Train makes no sense. Just Uber. I see you have an Air Bnb though. So I see your problem with bags.. If you google there are some luggage storage facilities in the Downtown Miami area that you book online. No idea how good they are. But if they work, then take your Uber there and then enjoy the area. For lunch I would check out spots at Brickell City Centre. Could also go to Bayside as well. 

Which train?  Not Tri Rail maybe Brightline/Virgin.

The Club is a condo building.

Condos as a rule do  not allow short term rentals.  Do you feel lucky?  Do you have a back up plan if you cannot enter the building?

AirBnBs are horrible for residents.  How would you like for your next door neighbor to rent out their residence nightly?

40 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

How would you like for your next door neighbor to rent out their residence nightly?

Respectfully, not something that the OP should be concerned about on their vacation. If the neighbors have a problem with it, then they should take it up with the HOA, not the renters. 

Edited by Tapi

2 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Respectfully, not something that the OP should be concerned about on their vacation. If the neighbors have a problem with it, then they should take it up with the HOA, not the renters. 

It IS the problem of the OP if the HOA will not allow them to rent.

2 hours ago, Tapi said:

It is when the building does not give them access to the condo. 

33 minutes ago, Flymia said:

It is when the building does not give them access to the condo. 

If the HOA allows short term/AirBNB rentals, can’t deny the OP access to the until that they have rented, no matter how against them they may be.

5 minutes ago, Tapi said:

If the HOA allows short term/AirBNB rentals, can’t deny the OP access to the until that they have rented, no matter how against them they may be.

The vast majority of condos in Miami don't allow short term rentals. The poster referencing this issue made is a point to state that condo's usually don't allow AirBNB. Then gave an example on why it is usually not allowed. 

You are right its not their issue if about the neighbors. It is their issue if the condo does not allow it and they get stuck with no place to go. 

AirBNB in Miami condos is a risk. 

4 hours ago, Flymia said:

The vast majority of condos in Miami don't allow short term rentals. The poster referencing this issue made is a point to state that condo's usually don't allow AirBNB. Then gave an example on why it is usually not allowed. 

You are right its not their issue if about the neighbors. It is their issue if the condo does not allow it and they get stuck with no place to go. 

AirBNB in Miami condos is a risk. 

Is AirBNB in a Miami condo a risk if you don't know if the condo allows airbnb, is it still a risk if you know the condo does allow airbnb?

3 hours ago, coolio111 said:

Is AirBNB in a Miami condo a risk if you don't know if the condo allows airbnb, is it still a risk if you know the condo does allow airbnb?

If you know the condo allows short term rentals its not much of a risk. But again, most don't. It looks like this one does. But maybe call to confirm without saying where exactly you are staying. Say you are looking to book an apt there. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Talex831 said:

We land in FLL at 8:00 am two days before our cruise. We have rented a car and will drive to the intercontinental in Miami for our stay before the cruise. On cruise morning, we will return the car and catch the shuttle to the port.

You might think about dropping the car off when you check in - parking at the IC is about $30+ per day 😯  Or forget the car and Use Uber or Lyft to get from FLL to your hotel - fare should be about $35+ for UberX or standard Lyft

On 10/14/2019 at 2:15 PM, Tapi said:

As others have posted, the majority of buildings here in the Brickell/Downtown Miami area DO NOT allow AirBNB rentals and they will deny access to the unit that someone has rented. I have personally seen it.

I do believe The Club At Brickell Bay does allow short term rentals like AirBNB.  I have messaged a friend who owns in the building to ask him, but I think he is out of the country at the moment so don't know when I will hear back. 

On 10/13/2019 at 12:26 PM, coolio111 said:

Hi all I need your suggestions, opinions and insight.

My family of 4 will be landing at FLL around 11am we need to travel to Miami with a check in time of 3pm.

Was thinking of taking Uber to Miami, but would train be better since it will take a bit longer, so we can kill sometime. We will also need to eat lunch/grab a bite to eat but don't know where since we will have our luggage.

I have booked us through airbnb with a superhost at The Club, please give me your thoughts on this place/ location and do you know or have information if airbnb are allowed at this place.

Thanks

Great location. It's located directly behind the CVS on Brickell Ave.  It's an older building and it's hard to say how it is because each unit is individually owned.  I've been in the building because I have a friend that owns a unit in there.

I do believe they are one of the few buildings that allow the AirBNB rentals.

Another option for lunch is seeing if any of the hotels around here will have their baggage area hold onto your bags while you eat in the hotel restaurant.  The Hyatt Centric, JW Marriott or Conrad are all extremely close to your AirBNB rentals.   The restaurant at the Hyatt Centric is great.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

On 10/21/2019 at 2:00 PM, JohninDC said:

You might think about dropping the car off when you check in - parking at the IC is about $30+ per day 😯  Or forget the car and Use Uber or Lyft to get from FLL to your hotel - fare should be about $35+ for UberX or standard Lyft

Parking fees are covered for us at Intercontinental (thank goodness). Having two full days and nights, we really wanted to have a car so we can get around as we wish.