Aqua cabin suitcase size

peter1956

Perhaps we need to define a large suitcase.  I think I take a large suitcase but when I see the luggage outside the cabins on the final night of the cruise I see that some people bring huge suitcases.  I think the width is the critical dimension.  I have soft sided suitcases with expandable pockets so the dimensions are not really precise.  My suitcases have a width of about 12-in and usually side under the bed without a problem.   If the suitcases are a little wider you may need to lift the bed to allow the suitcase to clear the side of the bedframe.   I would be cautious with suitcases wider than about 14 to 15-in in width, you may have problems with the bed.

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Perhaps we need to define a large suitcase.

Just for the sake of clarity, I'm assuming that your use of the term "width" is for what most people would call the "depth"  of the suitcase.

baggage_dimensions_en_2.png.36f72739bc0f0adc3cba9623d6593540.png  EN-Hold.gif.fe18e836a582562c4da17558f4fccc43.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twodjs said:

Folks - think outside the box. If your suitcase width is too wide, just OPEN the suitcase before sliding it under the bed. Problem solved. No need to lift the bed. 

Good suggestion but it depends on the design of your suitcase.  Your suggestion is useful for hard-sided suitcases that split in the middle. However, most soft-sided suitcases split near the top.  This also means you can have different packaging strategies but that's a subject for a different thread.  Maybe that would reduce the depth buy an inch but it would require more floor space under the bed if the suitcase is open.  I also tend to operate out of my suitcase, my wife takes the drawers, and keeping the suitcase closed may keep things cleaner.

Edited by ipeeinthepool