Voyager Vacation: Musings from a Mediterranean Masterpiece

flossie009

If you visit Istanbul the Spice Bazaar is worth visiting. Only about a mile from where our ship docked.

An amazing variety of spices, teas and sweet-treats. The traders are friendly and not overly pushy; some offer samples for tasting.

As well as fragrant spices there are also many varieties and flavours of tea:

749F4F18-CD4E-437C-84DD-EFDF8BB14BDD.jpeg.d3cd8ff77df728b8c62f9aa49e2a6b3e.jpeg

Maybe you also need a teapot:

DC5F6A35-C716-4C60-B9D7-A4A0F8D31C9C.thumb.jpeg.b107281ccb586ecc554df0bd898bd50c.jpeg

.............. and although concentrating on the colourful shop displays don’t forget to look up to admire the building’s arched roof:

28FEC60D-FECB-4C44-90FB-4FDBF0A9AC85.thumb.jpeg.da87e62406b05302e28cadb33e9c2979.jpeg

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

If you visit Istanbul the Spice Bazaar is worth visiting. Only about a mile from where our ship docked.

An amazing variety of spices, teas and sweet-treats. The traders are friendly and not overly pushy; some offer samples for tasting.

As well as fragrant spices there are also many varieties and flavours of tea:

749F4F18-CD4E-437C-84DD-EFDF8BB14BDD.jpeg.d3cd8ff77df728b8c62f9aa49e2a6b3e.jpeg

Maybe you also need a teapot:

DC5F6A35-C716-4C60-B9D7-A4A0F8D31C9C.thumb.jpeg.b107281ccb586ecc554df0bd898bd50c.jpeg

.............. and although concentrating on the colourful shop displays don’t forget to look up to admire the building’s arched roof:

28FEC60D-FECB-4C44-90FB-4FDBF0A9AC85.thumb.jpeg.da87e62406b05302e28cadb33e9c2979.jpeg

Flossie, those pictures take me back.  It’s been several years since I’ve been there but I’ll never forget the smells and sounds of the Spice Market.  It’s truly a fantastic experience.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Belfast Taxman said:

You now appear to have been to Chartreuse twice. Do you have priority access to the speciality restaurants or have you got lucky?

Certainly no priority access; not sure about luck.

We booked our dining reservations on-line for dates mid-cruise; one for each speciality restaurant. Then on the afternoon of boarding we called in to the Dining Reservations desk to see if there was a table available for that first evening. We were flexible on time and were happy to share; fortunately an opening was available.

• Like 1

A flat calm sea & blue sky as we proceed sedately towards our next port of call, Naples 

2497778A-AC4A-4FC6-9DAF-288778A1DE01.thumb.jpeg.bd81dc717f887884233127300b9c730e.jpeg

Probably a day on deck interspersed with the occasional beverage and snack 😎

Perhaps some gentle exercise late morning at the “Officers Challenge” (Baggo today).

It’s a hard life ........... but someone has to do it 😉

Tonight we have a dinner date with fellow CC members, @south park, who we met at the M&M

Flossie

do not want to create waves on your sea but have you been told anything about Barcelona.

may well have calmed down by the time you get there but things have been a bit volatile over the last week. The airport was more or less closed for two days and city and regional transport badly reduced.

as I say, probably calming down a bit now

13 hours ago, poss said:

forgap:    Where are you heading in May 2020?

Venice to Athens on Voyager.   It is a b2b with the pyramids, 4 days in Israel, 2 stops in Ephesus and an overnight in Istanbul.  Oh, and the Greek islands are thrown in there too.  

Just now, flossie009 said:

Had to google that one; it went straight over my head; maybe not so famous or popular on our side of the pond?

Possible...or perhaps you’re just too young to remember them.  Was a pretty weak pun anyhow.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

It’s never too early to start a countdown.  Are you on the May 23rd sailing, by chance?

Yes, but we are starting on the cruise before that.   Looking forward to meeting you!  I’m going to be in Greenville this week for a workshop.  Can you email me restaurant suggestions?  Forgap at Bellsouth dot net.  (I apologize for hijacking the tread, Flossie!)