drink package

3 hours ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

sorry I meant 15 minutes between drinks not a 15 minimum 

Other than the Freestyle machines, I've never seen a minimum time period reported for Royal.

I never experienced a "wait time" between drinks....matter of fact, my last cruise we had a bartender out by the pool who would ask us if we wanted another when he brought our drinks and kept them rolling!!  It was awesome service and of course I looked him up on the last day and made sure to tip him extra!

• Like 1

My memory is not what it used to be but I recall a time limit between drinks when the unlimited drink package first came out.

This was way back when only one person per cabin could order it without hassle. 

Ever since both passengers were required to purchase a package, I have not experienced a time limit between drinks.

That said, like most Royal Caribbean policies, I am sure it varies between ships!!

3 minutes ago, Lbicklel said:

On a related note, if there are two people in a cabin can one person go get drinks for both or do both have to present themselves at the bar? I am also used to Norwegian or it was no problem since they let you have two anyway.

One person can go get drinks for two as long as both SeaPass cards are presented.

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2019 at 6:30 PM, ourfamilylovescruising said:

does royal still make you wait 15 min between drinks?

Thanks

no, we have never had a problem.  At the Freestyle machines I think it is 20 minutes.  We typically don't order another drink before 15 minutes, but there are no limits like there are on Carnival

On 10/18/2019 at 11:11 AM, PickRC said:

My memory is not what it used to be but I recall a time limit between drinks when the unlimited drink package first came out.

This was way back when only one person per cabin could order it without hassle. 

Ever since both passengers were required to purchase a package, I have not experienced a time limit between drinks.

That said, like most Royal Caribbean policies, I am sure it varies between ships!!

that is what I was hoping far 

On 10/18/2019 at 8:56 AM, sellwingri said:

Curious what ship you were on and when this rule was in place.

the Oasis , independence, brilliance my husband always order coffee drinks and he has always had to wait.

but now that both have to get the drink package I was hoping there was no more wait in between 

48 minutes ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

the Oasis , independence, brilliance my husband always order coffee drinks and he has always had to wait.

but now that both have to get the drink package I was hoping there was no more wait in between 

I've never seen any reports of a waiting period on RC between alcoholic drinks or coffee drinks.

On our last cruise I went to the bar right away and ordered a rum and coke.  I took one sip and got his attention and ordered a shot of rum.  He looked at me curiously and glanced that my still full drink and then turned around and got me shot.  I proceeded to pour it into my rum and coke.  Other than the momentary look, he didn't restrict me.

I am pretty sure if I were drunk and asked for that, he might refuse.  I think as long as you are nice and well behaved, they will serve you as much as you want.  One day I had 18 drinks!  Not all at once, but through the day.  A shot of Kahlua in my coffee is a good start.  Each day varies from there.  :-)