Meraviglia New York-Canada-Miami Oct/Nov '19

Beamafar

2 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

In the next year, I will also stray and return to The Haven, Oceania (great itinerary) and *gasp* Regent. I want to see what the fuss is about and it was only 20% more than the YC!

As far as I can tell, the 'fuss' [as in 'fussin' and fightin'] is all on the Regent forum of CC, not on the ships themselves...

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I no longer see it as a confrontational situation - I know what I'm entitled to and I'm now more comfortable with being assertive (and not aggressive) when it comes to ensuring that I get it.  It comes from sailing regularly with MSC - I feel I'm home from home and I let the crew know that I know how things work onboard.

Well said Bea, confrontation never achieves an optimal outcome, polite assertiveness trumps that approach every time!

Bea- We just enabled our WiFi package... user error! It’s been mice to unplug, though!

Thank you so much for your info and advice. Things have REALLY improved. After Wine Gate😁, it has been smooth sailing! Johnny Walker Blue was MIA until tonight. Rudy found and delivered him to our cabin! I can’t wait to write my review. Love this staff! I will pass on your warm wishes.

On 11/24/2019 at 10:25 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

As far as I can tell, the 'fuss' [as in 'fussin' and fightin'] is all on the Regent forum of CC, not on the ships themselves...

I was referring to the on board product but I've hear about the Regent forums!  Many of the posts (and posters?) have *ahem* some entitlement issues!

12 hours ago, L2float said:

Bea- We just enabled our WiFi package... user error! It’s been mice to unplug, though!

Thank you so much for your info and advice. Things have REALLY improved. After Wine Gate😁, it has been smooth sailing! Johnny Walker Blue was MIA until tonight. Rudy found and delivered him to our cabin! I can’t wait to write my review. Love this staff! I will pass on your warm wishes.

So glad you've experienced some improvements!  Looking forward to hearing all about it, L.  Thank you for passing on my regards.

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

So glad you've experienced some improvements!  Looking forward to hearing all about it, L.  Thank you for passing on my regards.

Oxana was over the top excited to hear from you. She said to tell you that it was the best 23 days on a cruise and that she loved looking forward to your visit each night! Warm wishes from the others, as well.
Did I tell you that we met THE Arthur? He comes to our table to say hello each evening. What a wonderful guy! I hope this isn’t considered hijacking a thread! 😂It is your thread, after all, Bea! 

17 hours ago, L2float said:

Oxana was over the top excited to hear from you. She said to tell you that it was the best 23 days on a cruise and that she loved looking forward to your visit each night! Warm wishes from the others, as well.
Did I tell you that we met THE Arthur? He comes to our table to say hello each evening. What a wonderful guy! I hope this isn’t considered hijacking a thread! 😂It is your thread, after all, Bea! 

Not off-topic at all, L.  I mentioned Arthur earlier on in the thread.  He was our waiter on Magnifica in the Med when on his first MSC contract so we knew him long before he went Stateside!  The Meraviglia Speciality Restaurant sommelier, Nedved, was every bit as good to us as Arthur has ever been to anyone - his service was amazing.  We knew him from before he trained up when he was a server in the cigar lounge on another of our sailings.

Oxana is wonderful!  So glad to hear she remembered us.  We always made a point of visiting her each evening.

18 hours ago, HoosierCruzer19 said:

Would also to second the praises for Oxana. We have been there the past two evenings and found her an absolute delight. And, I must say she just gushes about the fantastic "Miss B"! 

So glad to hear that others are enjoying Oxana just as we did - I can't speak highly enough about her.  She'd write a little note on each of our napkins every evening - I've kept every one!