Coke Cans

lynn2002

I am booked on a cruise in December. 

Princess is offering a deal on cans of soda.  If I purchase these cans, do I have to drink them in the stateroom or is it shown as a credit on my account so that I can order them in a bar?

30 minutes ago, lynn2002 said:

Princess is offering a deal on cans of soda.  If I purchase these cans, do I have to drink them in the stateroom or is it shown as a credit on my account so that I can order them in a bar?

You get them in your stateroom.  You may drink them anywhere.  (I think)

The package is also available on board. Princess cost is $2.00/can. You can carry on as much soda as you like when boarding and at any port.. Cost is about 60 to 70 cents per can. Carry on soda can be used anywhere on the ship. There is a fridge and an ice bucket in every cabin. Ice is also available at any bar or in the buffet. 

As CynCyn said, they (room service) deliver the cans to your cabin.  You will probably find the soda in your cabin when you first board the ship. 

If you want a Coke at the show, you would need to run back to your cabin and grab a can from the fridge.  Just as if you had brought your own soda aboard.  

This inconvenience is why I buy the soda package instead of bringing my own aboard.  If I am at the buffet or at a trivia contest or …., I don't want to run back to the cabin.  With the soda package, I just ask the nearest bartender or cocktail server and they bring me a glass of soda.  And I do this lots of times each day!

3 hours ago, lynn2002 said:

Neither.  You'll probably find a voucher for your soda when you board, and need to call Room Service to redeem it.  Sometimes we've found the soda already in the cabin, but not often.  After you get the soda you can take it anywhere you want.

Thank you for your replies. 

I am considering taking the soda package, however, we don't drink that much soda and soft drinks so not sure if it is worth it for us.

If we can drink the soda anywhere on the ship does that apply to soda bought onto the ship? 

In this respect, are we permitted to drink the one bottle of wine that we are allowed to bring on board the ship anywhere on the ship or just in our cabin?

1 hour ago, lynn2002 said:

Thank you for your replies. 

I am considering taking the soda package, however, we don't drink that much soda and soft drinks so not sure if it is worth it for us.

If we can drink the soda anywhere on the ship does that apply to soda bought onto the ship?

Yes, no problems. We do it all the time. We usually purchase the 7 ounce cans to carry on. We find them easier to carry around the ship and are just about the right portion.

In this respect, are we permitted to drink the one bottle of wine that we are allowed to bring on board the ship anywhere on the ship or just in our cabin?

If you bring the bottle of wine to the DR or any public location you will be charged a $15 corkage. If you pour the wine into a glass in your cabin and carry the glass around the ship there will be no corkage.

see above