Sale on Drink package at embarkation day

15 minutes ago, Ajkcruiser said:

is it a norm to have a BOGO sale for drink packages on embarkation day

Probably not and it's not really BOGO but 1/2 BOGO. If you are D+ this may come out better than buying ahead in the planner but you can't count on availability.

Edited by Biker19

i paid $52 pp/pd.  Less than what you were shown.  My other prices were $56 and $62.  $66 is high.

I think if you can get a low price before, that is the way to go (although you may have waited too late for this).  I have never heard of a sale onboard that beat the prices available in the cruise planner.

Thanks so much for all the replies..... I just downloaded the app and saw the prices .... they are at 66 PPPD...... 

ar any given point have the prices been better at embarkation? My vacation is over NY and I am not sure if prices go up during a voyage like that.

Thanks  again

Aj

2 hours ago, atush said:

i paid $52 pp/pd.  Less than what you were shown.  My other prices were $56 and $62.  $66 is high.

I think if you can get a low price before, that is the way to go (although you may have waited too late for this).  I have never heard of a sale onboard that beat the prices available in the cruise planner.

The onboard price special  is $66 + $33. That is $49.50 pp pd. for  two in a cabin. If those are CAD prices even better. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

20 minutes ago, Ajkcruiser said:

Thanks so much for all the replies..... I just downloaded the app and saw the prices .... they are at 66 PPPD...... 

ar any given point have the prices been better at embarkation? My vacation is over NY and I am not sure if prices go up during a voyage like that.

Thanks  again

Aj

Few to no bargains on anything during holiday itineraries.

Lately the BOGO50 has appeared on every cruise I've taken since July (10 cruises).  However it could disappear as quickly as it appeared. 

Royal likes to play with things and then sit back and look at financial results.  If they like what they see it may stick around, if not it will go away one day without explanation.  

If a particular cruise has already sold many DX packages in the cruise planner they could withdraw the onboard BOGO50 for that cruise.

On board pricing varies by cruise length so don't expect 7 night DX pricing on a 3 night cruise, it won't happen.  Once in a while a specific sailing may drop but that doesn't mean you will ever see that rate for your cruise.  Buy it when the numbers work for you and keep checking for price drops.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Probably not and it's not really BOGO but 1/2 BOGO. If you are D+ this may come out better than buying ahead in the planner but you can't count on availability.

we were on-board Harmony a few weeks back.  There was a BOGO 1/2 price promo in the promenade for the deluxe beverage package. As D+ members we received the 30% off from our C&A perk, which is marginally better than BOGO discount.  Also, the 18% Grat is added.  The full daily cost without discount was $70/day + 18% Grat.

as info for your future planning.

• Thanks 1