Drink package

JjC81

We are taking royal princess from Whittier alaska  to Vancouver in August. 

My kids drink only water. One is on medical formula, requiring water to mix it. 

I drink mainly water/seltzer. My husband drinks water/seltzer/coffee. I think at most I'd drink 1-2 alcohol dtinks/ day and husband 1-3/day. Should we cancel drink pkg? 

Can we bring some bottled water under medical? 

• Like 1

Pay as you go sounds like the way to go. It will be MUCH cheaper. They say the water is drinkable from the tap but I don't do it other than to brush my teeth.  You can pre purchase water from your personalizer and you can carry on all the water you want as well. You don't need medical clearance. 

• Like 2

You can bring as much bottled water as you want, as long as you can carry it.  However I would suggest you think about buying the bottled water at $7.08 for a 12 pack that will be delivered to your room.  Buy multiple packs if you need them. So much more convenient.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

was this cruise booked under Sip N Sail promotion, or have you purchased a Premier Beverage Package ?

An additional beverage pkg for husband and I were purchased. But canceling it could likely cover price of an excursion..we originally thought it was promotion but was not 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JjC81 said:

We are taking royal princess from Whittier Alaska  to Vancouver in August. 

My kids drink only water. One is on medical formula, requiring water to mix it. 

I drink mainly water/seltzer. My husband drinks water/seltzer/coffee. I think at most I'd drink 1-2 alcohol drinks/ day and husband 1-3/day. Should we cancel drink pkg? 

Can we bring some bottled water under medical? 

If you purchased the Premium Beverage Package, $70+/pp/day, you should cancel it. It takes 5 to 7 alcoholic drinks per day every day, port and sea just to break even. Pay as you go.

Water choices. Carry on or check in as much bottled water as you like, no special conditions required. Use the ship's water and bring tumblers. Take the easy way out, pre-order water in the cruise personlizer, around 58 cents per bottle. This deal is not available on board.

Seltzer. You will be charged for seltzer on board. $2.36/glass or can. You can also carry on as much seltzer as you want.

Every cabin has a fridge and ice.

If your cruise booking included the Premium Beverage Package for the adults and the non-alcoholic beverage package for the youth you can't really cancel the beverages only. You would have to re-book under a different promo.

Honestly, the water from the taps is likely more pure than what you get at home.  Bottled water typically comes from wells and the water on the ship goes through membranes... much less impurities on the ships.  What in the ship's water might steer you to bottled water?  I get your tastes for the other drinks/water.  I'm just referring to drinking/using neat water.

i love the ship's water.  i also love seltzer.  yes you can bring on as much seltzer as you want, just be warned you have to take it on with you.  sometimes the porters will take it, but likely you have to just carry it on yourself. i recommend a small roller with nothing else in so it is easy to have your water checked by security.  they opening mine and looked in the cases

Edited by vampiress

8 hours ago, JjC81 said:

An additional beverage pkg for husband and I were purchased. But canceling it could likely cover price of an excursion..we originally thought it was promotion but was not 🙂

From what I'm reading, I can't see any reason for any of you to have a beverage package. 

Jim

52 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

Honestly, the water from the taps is likely more pure than what you get at home.  Bottled water typically comes from wells and the water on the ship goes through membranes... much less impurities on the ships.  What in the ship's water might steer you to bottled water?  I get your tastes for the other drinks/water.  I'm just referring to drinking/using neat water.

I'll drink the tap water from the dining room but I won't drink from a tap in the bathroom.  It's my personal thing.  I know it's the same water, but I like cold water and I don't want to feel like I'm drinking toilet water. It's in my head, I know. 

• Like 1