another Limelight Club question

caber

I now can see my 4 acts for the cruise. I can also see 4 menus. How does it work? Does the first act have the first menu for 3 night, 2nd act, 2nd menu or how does it work?  I like the first act but not so keen on menu 1.

You just have to wait to see what the menu is on the night but I looked at the menus too and thought I preferred one over the other  - but in the end enjoyed all the menus. (we went three times!). If you have any dietary requirements, you get the menus in advance and can go down and discuss / amend them. However what is important is to book as early as you can so you get the best table. 

29 minutes ago, caber said:

I now can see my 4 acts for the cruise. I can also see 4 menus. How does it work? Does the first act have the first menu for 3 night, 2nd act, 2nd menu or how does it work?  I like the first act but not so keen on menu 1.

Purely out of interest, could you please let me know who the 4 acts are? Thanks.

It is purely pot luck what menu you get and you will not know until you got on the ship. We have only done it once and was told that if we didnt like the menu available on the night we could cancel at no loss of money. As it turned out it was one of the menus I liked so there wasnt a problem dont know what they would have done if it was one of the other menus and I tried to cancel whether they would just cancel or try and amend the menu to suit me.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pete14 said:

Purely out of interest, could you please let me know who the 4 acts are? Thanks.

It's 17th January cruise. The acts are 4 poofs and a piano, Claire Sweeney, Gareth Gates and Ben Richards

1 hour ago, caber said:

It's 17th January cruise. The acts are 4 poofs and a piano, Claire Sweeney, Gareth Gates and Ben Richards

Many thanks for that. A little underwhelming but I am sure the more intimate atmosphere of the limelight club will be a big positive influence on them. It certainly was when we saw Kiki Dee on Britannia’s maiden cruise - she was brilliant!

59 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Many thanks for that. A little underwhelming but I am sure the more intimate atmosphere of the limelight club will be a big positive influence on them. It certainly was when we saw Kiki Dee on Britannia’s maiden cruise - she was brilliant!

She certainly was we saw her on the maiden as well.

50 minutes ago, caber said:

I know what you mean. Might wait until we get on board to decide. I would like the experience. 

We saw 'Sinbad' from Brookside, Michael Starke, it was a fantastic evening. 

The atmosphere played a big part, but he was more interesting, funny and talented than we would have expected. 

I'm sure these acts wouldn't get the gig if they were really poor. 

Andy 

• Like 1

We went twice on Britannia in May we saw the Morecombe &Wise tribute sorry can't remember their names, they were brilliant laughed all night, food and service very good.We also attended a talk by David Gower, my husband is a big cricket fan, and he too was very entertaining.As previously commented the atmosphere does make a big difference.

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2019 at 2:33 PM, caber said:

We're on this cruise and are debating booking for Gareth Gates or Ben Richards. Having never been on P&O before we weren't keen on paying extra for entertainment, however from what I read it may be worth the extra cost?

7 minutes ago, Colsers said:

We're on this cruise and are debating booking for Gareth Gates or Ben Richards. Having never been on P&O before we weren't keen on paying extra for entertainment, however from what I read it may be worth the extra cost?

It's a nice chill out away from the hordes, whoever is playing. 

We use it as a 'treat' and never begrudge paying the extra. 

Imagine the queues if Gareth Gates was playing in the theatre for free... 😊

Andy 

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's a nice chill out away from the hordes, whoever is playing. 

We use it as a 'treat' and never begrudge paying the extra. 

Imagine the queues if Gareth Gates was playing in the theatre for free... 😊

Andy 

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes that's true, I think he's a lovely singer....not so sure my husband agrees 🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

I saw Garerth Gates when I went on in the summer. Nice venue and a great performance.

Wasn't keen on the food though. Nothing special, and to be honest if you were paying just for the food I'd say it wasn't worth the cover charge.

We have found the food good, if a bit limited, but I agree, it's not its biggest attraction. 

Andy 

18 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We saw Gareth Gates in the theatre on Princess  last summer at no extra charge and the theatre was far from full and only my personal opinion but he was OK but certainly wouldnt pay £22 to go and see him.

I stand corrected Majortom, I assumed he would pull in a full crowd. 

Not my taste, but he seems popular. 

Andy 

You are paying for the more intimate atmosphere of a small venue..with a lovely 3 course menu...Gareth Gates was great but it’s more than that for a few quid you can have a different night out... I’ve been lucky to live close to the Lakeside Country Club (google it) in its heyday had all the current Caberet acts. This a very good nod to it...we enjoyed it immensely...Your on holiday!

Edited by hansol1966
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I stand corrected Majortom, I assumed he would pull in a full crowd. 

Not my taste, but he seems popular. 

Andy 

He perhaps would on P&O dont forget even though the Princess cruise was from Southampton there were many Americans and other nationalities onboard who might never have heard of him.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1

Given I very rarely go to shows on ships  did think Gareth Gates was excellent. He went down very well with queues of people going up for a photo with him. The venue was packed out with no seats left. I suspect on Iona with only 7 days and more people it will be like that every night.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, daiB said:

Given I very rarely go to shows on ships  did think Gareth Gates was excellent. He went down very well with queues of people going up for a photo with him. The venue was packed out with no seats left. I suspect on Iona with only 7 days and more people it will be like that every night.

Yes it was packed when we were there as well and a very enjoyable show he provided. He also spent time talking to people and taking photos etc with those who wanted them as you say which was possible in a small venue like this.