Price reductions after final payment - not haven!

erdoran

Every Haven cruise I have done I watch the price carefully, from booking till sailing.  So far I’m on booking 3 after final payment, with two more on deck.  In each case the Haven sold out but prices stayed the same or increased.

For the booking we have now after FP, prices stayed the same and then went up a bit, but our category sold out fast so nothing to compare to; however, within days of booking I saw a 10% price increase on Haven cabins overall, then additional increases.  Our June, 2020 went up 10% after we booked, and just jumped another 10%.  Our 12/20 stayed the same for CY PH, but went up 10% for aft PH.

So for all the folks taking about price reductions - has anyone actually seen that happen for Haven?

7 minutes ago, erdoran said:

Every Haven cruise I have done I watch the price carefully, from booking till sailing.  So far I’m on booking 3 after final payment, with two more on deck.  In each case the Haven sold out but prices stayed the same or increased.

For the booking we have now after FP, prices stayed the same and then went up a bit, but our category sold out fast so nothing to compare to; however, within days of booking I saw a 10% price increase on Haven cabins overall, then additional increases.  Our June, 2020 went up 10% after we booked, and just jumped another 10%.  Our 12/20 stayed the same for CY PH, but went up 10% for aft PH.

So for all the folks taking about price reductions - has anyone actually seen that happen for Haven?

I just saw price reduction on Haven categories on the Gem 2 week cruise. I was surprised to see the prices go down so much. I even was able to go from a forward facing Penthouse cabin to a Haven HS 3 with no increase. I believe pricing has a lot to do with demand and what people are bidding when trying to upgrade. I don't think you will find any rhyme or reason behind it.  

• Like 1

Because of the upgrade program the chances of significant price reductions on higher categories is always much lower.

While they have hundreds of upgrade bids pending, they are unlucky to make significant reductions.

After the bidding process completes they are potentially left with a bunch of insides to get rid of which is where you will see the biggest reductions.

I upgraded twice within the Haven categories due to price reductions as we got closer to embarkation.  Went from a spa suite to a forward facing penthouse to an aft penthouse.  This was on Breakaway back in June.  Ended up getting the aft PH for a final price of $3000 pp.  

• Like 2

We have an H4 on our upcoming Epic cruise. Price initially went up after we booked. Final payment is soon and the price on H4s just dropped about $430/person. There were only about five or six cabins showing as available, but I know NCL doesn't always show all the cabins online. 

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I upgraded twice within the Haven categories due to price reductions as we got closer to embarkation.  Went from a spa suite to a forward facing penthouse to an aft penthouse.  This was on Breakaway back in June.  Ended up getting the aft PH for a final price of $3000 pp.  

Did you get to keep your thermal spa perk that you would have had in a spa suite?

18 hours ago, dporter said:

Did you get to keep your thermal spa perk that you would have had in a spa suite?

No, we had to give that up and purchase once on board. But we had OBC to cover it which is why we didn’t do it ahead of time. It’s about a $40 savings if you purchase prior to boarding but I don’t know of a way to use OBC prior to boarding. But the experience of the aft penthouse (deck 9) was totally worth it for us. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

No, we had to give that up and purchase once on board. But we had OBC to cover it which is why we didn’t do it ahead of time. It’s about a $40 savings if you purchase prior to boarding but I don’t know of a way to use OBC prior to boarding. But the experience of the aft penthouse (deck 9) was totally worth it for us. 

Thanks

We were booked in a B6 on an upcoming Epic cruise in January. Prices for the H4 dropped significantly, so we called and spent 2K to upgrade outright to the H4. For the sailing after ours, prices are still roughly 9K total for an 11 night cruise, for a new booking our 10 night is coming in at only 6K with all perks, including air. I'm fine with 6K for 10 nights in Haven 🙂

On 10/24/2019 at 5:38 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Was that a 7 night?  We are on a 9 night at $2,800 aft penthouse.  I also tracked the Haven pricing.  Seems one week after final payment, prices went down a bit.  We moved from forward penthouse to aft penthouse for the larger balcony.  I'm thinking that I will book the cruise a week after final payment to get the best pricing.  Booking too far out meant constant calls to our travel agent to get the lower pricing.  Thoughts????

Yes, for 7 nights. I watched prices on the aft penthouse for weeks. It didn’t budge from $3600 pp for weeks after final payment. When it finally dropped to $3000, I jumped on it thinking waiting much after that we’d miss it. Not sure but pricing in June ( when we traveled) may be less likely to move as much due to the start of the summer travel season in the Caribbean. If you see an aft penthouse at $2800 pp I say jump on it. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

9 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

Booking too far out meant constant calls to our travel agent to get the lower pricing.  Thoughts????

We tend to book super early, and keep an eye out. It's refreshing to see the price go up and know that we snagged a good deal. If the price does drop before final payment, a simple phone call gets you the newer better rate. It's only when the price drops after final payment where it gets tricky. But there's no guarantee that the particular cabin you want will still be available if you wait that long to book in the first place, or that the price will even go down at all.