Internet on Seaside

mikeyand

Trying to decide if we want to get internet on the Seaside. Looking at my booking, it indicates cost per adult of $79.90. Does this mean we have to pay for both of us, even though only one of us actually wants to use the internet?

Thanks

1 hour ago, mikeyand said:

Trying to decide if we want to get internet on the Seaside. Looking at my booking, it indicates cost per adult of $79.90. Does this mean we have to pay for both of us, even though only one of us actually wants to use the internet?

Thanks

Is that unlimited for $79? If not, what are the limits? 

Just came off the Seaside today. Prior to sailing, we purchased the 3 GB with 2 devices. We bought the additional 6GB pkg (w/up to 4 devices) onboard after using up the 3GB. You MUST press the Stop button each time you finish a session, or your phone will continue using data, even with the background refresh turned off.  I learned this the hard way after setting my phone down for a few hours. 

The internet speed is very good especially compared to other cruise lines. 

Our cellular carrier, Sprint, has Open World, so we had cellular service in all ports. Check with your carrier.

We just got off the Seaside last Saturday after a 14 day cruise in the YC if that makes a difference. It came with 5gb of data transfer, and we could use it on both devises, just not at the same time. We used it just for the basics, e-mail, web surfing, etc. I guess the big drain is when you download movies, send a lot of pictures, etc. When we got off, we had only used a little over 1/2.

Hint: If you find you have to buy more time, run your current internet down before buying the extra as  soon as you buy it you start drawing off it and you lose any time remaining on the original one. Per Concierge.

So if I go with my husband and two kids and buy the package that connects 4 devices can we connect at the same time?

I really just want to be able for us all to keep in touch and find each other while on the ship. 

What is the easiest way?  I bought myself the unlimited last time so I did not have to hit stop.

If you hit stop then you are not connected?  

We chose not to purchase on our Seaside cruise, which ended Oct. 19. We have the international Calling plan with our ATT Iphones and used that during our St. Maarten and Bahamas days. Puerto Rico and St. Thomas were already included. Didn't feel like we missed out on anything. Prices were a bit too high to justify for us.

• 1 month later...

You only have to hit stop if you have paid for one connection but someone else wants to use it, so you are able let someone else in your stateroom connect.

Also is is very pricey $44 for 24hours so get a package if you need it. Price does not lower at any time on cruise.

Edited by SfxWolf
add info

On 10/26/2019 at 3:19 PM, puglady12 said:

So if I go with my husband and two kids and buy the package that connects 4 devices can we connect at the same time?

I really just want to be able for us all to keep in touch and find each other while on the ship. 

What is the easiest way?  I bought myself the unlimited last time so I did not have to hit stop.

If you hit stop then you are not connected?  

Yes...all of you can be connected concurrently. And don't worry about disconnecting.3 of us always stayed connected...Didn't come close to using all the 6GB. Then again we mostly used it for web searching and social media 

On 10/27/2019 at 11:10 AM, jdvmd said:

We chose not to purchase on our Seaside cruise, which ended Oct. 19. We have the international Calling plan with our ATT Iphones and used that during our St. Maarten and Bahamas days. Puerto Rico and St. Thomas were already included. Didn't feel like we missed out on anything. Prices were a bit too high to justify for us.

I would tend to agree... I forgot to turn my phone off and into airplane mode. When I woke up I received a message from T Mobile stating I had unlimited text and 2GB of data at no charge...and I would be charged 25 cents a minute for phone calls.  I did text  several times during the cruise....and when I received my monthly bill....There was no additional charges