Feb 2020 Will Nassau be too crowded with 5 ships in port?

leight

Taking the Navigator 2/24-2/28 and got notice that Nassau was switched from day 2 to day 4 to accommodate Allures issues. There will now be 5 ships in port.  Definitely not doing an excursion, but thought to walk to Greycliffe - which is obviously a big tourist stop. Will the port be too crowded with that many ships in port?

To be able to walk around popular tourist attractions like Greycliffe. We didn't want an excursion, but o thought we would walk to the Manor look around and shop. But if we would get turned away from walking around Greycliffe because they have so many tours scheduled we will just stay on the ship.

There were 5 ships in town the last time I went to Nassau. We decided to rented a boat for the day. Here are some photos of us fighting the crowds:

7C2533E0-3619-4012-8918-4D3250B52DF8.jpeg

8EED2305-875C-4682-97E4-0E8C142A7A51.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2019 at 1:58 PM, FloridaGator said:

Does a bear live in the woods?

Well, they do here in my section of Florida, but they didn't where I grew up on eastern Long Island.

In any case, with that many ships in port, be prepared for a line to regain entry to the port area.

Nassau is a port where one must have a photo ID to regain entry and the port authorities do  carefully look at each ID, no hold up and wave through. The line can be long when a big ship is leaving port and all the passengers are trying to get back before sail away.