LIVE - B2B 10/26 and 11/2 Halloween, Birthday, and President's Cruise

aring75

46 minutes ago, Buccaneergirl said:

A little back story on Tariq...... he was one of the husbands

on The Real Housewives of D.C., so you might recognize him, if you ever saw the show. 

46 minutes ago, Buccaneergirl said:

on The Real Housewives of D.C., so you might recognize him, if you ever saw the show. 

Better known for being the White House Crasher.   Google it (White House Crasher). 

and now I don’t understand the double quote. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

8 hours ago, aring75 said:

Funny you should ask! When we got back from breakfast this morning there was a letter in the door “mail slot” offering 10 photos for $50. I think it was a Crown & Anchor offer. 

Thank you I'll be on the look out for that mid week on our cruise in March.  That is a great deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jk04 said:

Thank you so much for posting.  I apologize for the lateness of the reply, today was an in-office day for me.  I really appreciate you taking the time.  😊

You’re welcome! 😊

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful pictures.   I am do for a new camera and will definitely have to put that on my Christmas wish list !

Happy Birthday and many more....

Thanks! And now @kmorg1234 has made me want to go back and read through my manual. (And maybe visit the NextCruise desk!) 😀

2 hours ago, Buccaneergirl said:

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Better known for being the White House Crasher.   Google it (White House Crasher). 

and now I don’t understand the double quote. 

Okay, so I didn’t know him from the first reference, but I totally knew who he was after @Milwaukee Eight said White House crasher.

I am glad you told me he was on the show though, @Buccaneergirl  I would never have known that.

• Like 1

So after a long day in Cozumel, it was formal night tonight. Normally it would be tomorrow, our second sea day. However, tomorrow is Halloween and I think Symphony’s staff decided to move formal night to another night. 

C205BC06-14B0-41C0-9F3F-8FD099092607.thumb.jpeg.8dbecc92617e2634233845259db93f3f.jpeg

Vidalia Onion Tart

CA0F92D1-D4BB-4501-ABF0-B0574140AE7B.thumb.jpeg.f65fa0f220aa65b7cb740b3365ed7d8d.jpeg

Caesar Salad

798D9ABE-A084-4DB6-AA1E-90E528B78EAA.thumb.jpeg.d36d60a53215cfc90d6ea34ff3561281.jpeg

Broiled Lobster Tail (these were the best we’ve had in the MDR in a long time)

39ACCDA8-52D8-460B-AB0F-A7E9044D971D.thumb.jpeg.fd3d5372b3f314ec0c66d2e1b460dee7.jpeg

And out of the shell 

1EF52D37-D590-4FA1-926D-EBDEBFD92688.thumb.jpeg.36ea9e50e5e7d2b59e4e79a3045981d9.jpeg

Dinner tonight was fantastic. For the past two nights, we’ve been sharing a section with closer-set tables of two (where it’s almost like sitting at a table for four) with a wonderful couple from Port Canaveral, Bob and Joan. I love having a table for two where Mark and I can relax and enjoy each others company, but it’s such a delight when you meet great people who are well-travelled and love to share their interesting stories. We’ve had a blast at dinner time with them! 😊

• Like 3

On the 2nd formal night you find this little card sitting on the dinner table. 

30F2D239-3F0D-43F5-BCAF-4DA04B93DF0A.thumb.jpeg.528ce181a20b547216815b9ac7602720.jpeg

And they bring this RCCL special 50th Birthday cake to every table at the end of the meal. 

68D725F3-13C0-493B-BDCF-44D12129972A.thumb.jpeg.c5e839283952a4fc67e26b7c15d9bd5e.jpeg

43FEF92B-15CA-4117-ACE2-0D7F76C8335D.thumb.jpeg.413850e6fd512e71536b3af38940f835.jpeg

They bring it no matter which dessert you order. Mark got the pineapple upside down cake and I didn’t order any other dessert. 

6DBCC42C-EF85-4471-A77D-4BD9CB88DB5F.thumb.jpeg.ac71cff7a70841d2a88aaf66601bffff.jpeg

Edited by aring75

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

On the 2nd formal night you find this little card sitting on the dinner table. 
And they bring this RCCL special 50th Birthday cake to every table at the end of the meal. 

68D725F3-13C0-493B-BDCF-44D12129972A.thumb.jpeg.c5e839283952a4fc67e26b7c15d9bd5e.jpeg

They brought us this same little cake on the Jewel this summer, when the servers over heard us discussing our anniversary was coming up.  Sweet gesture.  As with this tonight, they brought it in addition to our already ordered deserts.  I don't know about that tux, but if I did a back to back, I'd need elastic waist band pants.  Especially with extra desserts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, aring75 said:

Okay, so I didn’t know him from the first reference, but I totally knew who he was after @Milwaukee Eight said White House crasher.

I am glad you told me he was on the show though, @Buccaneergirl  I would never have known that.

And an additional completely irrelevant fact - what became of the wife he crashed the White House with? She ran off with the guitarist from Journey, Neal Schon. Yes, it is extremely embarrassing that I know this about them.  Sigh.

Regardless, really enjoying your review and am especially looking forward to your Halloween night posts and next week’s festivities.  I almost did the anniversary cruise last year, but I was only Emerald; decided to do a Greek Isles cruise instead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, aring75 said:

Thank you! It’s an Olympus TG-5 and to be honest I’m still learning how to use it. But I do really like it for underwater shots!

I’ve has an Olympus TG2 for a few years now and I love it! After thoroughly testing it’s toughness over the years, I can say it has held up really well, I’m about ready for an upgrade now, so I’ll be looking for a new Olympus over the Black Friday sales for a TG5.   😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alter Ego said:

And an additional completely irrelevant fact - what became of the wife he crashed the White House with? She ran off with the guitarist from Journey, Neal Schon. Yes, it is extremely embarrassing that I know this about them.  Sigh.

I totally forgot about that!

On another subject, I’ve been up since 4:30am, because there is a critter in my attic that’s trying to get out(guess he forgot where he came in). It sounds big, so it’s either a raccoon or possum. 😡 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomservo said:

How was the onion tart? It looks like quiche to me. 

The onion tart is one of my favorite appetizers, but yes it is similar to a very light quiche. It has a sort of Parmesan cheese sauce that makes it even better. 😁

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Buccaneergirl said:

On another subject, I’ve been up since 4:30am, because there is a critter in my attic that’s trying to get out(guess he forgot where he came in). It sounds big, so it’s either a raccoon or possum. 😡 

I see you are from Florida.

Maybe it’s Tariq, crashing you attic for a few days, prior to boarding the ship. 😂

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Domino D said:

They brought us this same little cake on the Jewel this summer, when the servers over heard us discussing our anniversary was coming up.  Sweet gesture.  As with this tonight, they brought it in addition to our already ordered deserts.  I don't know about that tux, but if I did a back to back, I'd need elastic waist band pants.  Especially with extra desserts

I had seen them bring the same little cake to other tables earlier this cruise, but didn’t really think anything of it. Thought it was neat that they brought it to everyone.

Mark made a similar comment about his tux. We rented this one onboard, so the plan was just to send it to be cleaned and have it back for Cruise 2. He says after all this eating, maybe he should get refitted. 😉

Edited by aring75
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alter Ego said:

Regardless, really enjoying your review and am especially looking forward to your Halloween night posts and next week’s festivities.  I almost did the anniversary cruise last year, but I was only Emerald; decided to do a Greek Isles cruise instead. 

Oooh...I don’t think I would regret choosing the Greek Isles Cruise one bit. We did that one in June and, so far, it’s at the top of my list of favorite cruises. 😊

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Buccaneergirl said:

I totally forgot about that!

We have a raccoon who steals our birdseed. Like, all of it. At once. We can put it out at night and she steals it ALL by the next morning. Found out from a neighbor that she was feeding a nursery of babies. So pretty soon we’ll have five of these things running around here. Yay. 

AC0A6A62-CC64-43B7-ADA7-BD467F7B05D7.jpeg

1 minute ago, aring75 said:

We have a raccoon who steals our birdseed. Like, all of it. At once. We can put it out at night and she steals it ALL by the next morning. Found out from a neighbor that she was feeding a nursery of babies. So pretty soon we’ll have five of these things running around here. Yay. 

Try putting some spray Pam on the pole. It makes it harder to climb. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Try putting some spray Pam on the pole. It makes it harder to climb. 

Ha! At least it will make her have to work for it. That should be pretty hysterical. Can’t wait to watch the backyard motion sensor camera after that! 😂

Thanks for the tip. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1