LIVE - B2B 10/26 and 11/2 Halloween, Birthday, and President's Cruise

aring75

I have troubles too when flying either ears or terrible colds that turn into lung problems.

i actually stopped cruising for a few yrs now because unless I have the time to drive to Florida (2 days at best one way) I’m not getting on any plane to get on ship.

i just recently found out about airborne so may have to try that.

Hope you get this on the road to recovery when you see the doc.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

I have troubles too when flying either ears or terrible colds that turn into lung problems.

i actually stopped cruising for a few yrs now because unless I have the time to drive to Florida (2 days at best one way) I’m not getting on any plane to get on ship.

i just recently found out about airborne so may have to try that.

Hope you get this on the road to recovery when you see the doc.

Flying is terrible for my ears too. My doctor has actually told me that anytime I have a flight coming up, I should take Sudafed (or a similar decongestant) the day before, the day of, and the day after my flight. This has helped immensely. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Sorry about the ear pain.  Go get it checked out you still have 10 more days of vacation.

Yep! Can’t deal with ear pain for another week. Hoping our travel insurance will pick up what my medical doesn’t cover. Last time I had to see the ship’s doctor, it was $300+. That hurt almost as much as an earache. 

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I have to do that too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great to know, I will definitely try it.

i actually will get some tomorrow, I had a cold weeks ago have no cold symptoms but my ears have been blocked since, it hurts to have phone at my ear.

Thanks

Edited by #55worktoplay

6 hours ago, aring75 said:

On a slightly more somber note, had to cut the festivities a little short this evening. I’ve been fighting an earache/ear infection for a few days now and will probably break down and see the Dr. onboard tomorrow. 

Kicking myself for not at least picking up a Z-pack in Cozumel. 😩

Hope your ear infection heals very quickly.

10 hours ago, aring75 said:

Yep! Can’t deal with ear pain for another week. Hoping our travel insurance will pick up what my medical doesn’t cover. Last time I had to see the ship’s doctor, it was $300+. That hurt almost as much as an earache. you will be covered.  We always travel (land and Sea) with a small bag of OTC and Rx meds (always a Z pack.). 

Hopefully you will be covered. Most cruise insurances cover a visit to the ship infirmary.  I hope that you have some relief and can enjoy the rest of the trip. 

You both look terrific in your costumes.

By the way, did you ever go to that wine party held by the White House crasher?  (Sorry, can’t remember his name and I am too lazy to search for it) 

have fun 
m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

By the way, did you ever go to that wine party held by the White House crasher?  (Sorry, can’t remember his name and I am too lazy to search for it) 

have fun 
m

I think that party is the first sea day of our next cruise. Tomorrow. I will let you know!

Edited by aring75

2 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Coco Cay today? Are there any other ships there?

Symphony is the only ship docked here at Coco Cay (thank goodness). I know two ships are supposed to be fine crowd-wise, but c’mon, there’s 6000+ people on our ship. Right now the crowd level feels perfect. 

We do have neighbors though. NCL ships at Greater Stirrup Cay. 

531A12EE-830D-4178-8AD1-351C4C0DE8F6.thumb.jpeg.3ae18abdc7ea38a8b4e67cfd91f4a1d3.jpeg

Things are looking a little ominous. 

80D883B3-465C-48E5-8AD6-8B5765141A2D.thumb.jpeg.ff2fd6d38818ee7a792e8ef5c3548d6a.jpeg

We’ve been here an hour and twenty minutes. So far, our cabana attendant has not been by since he showed us to our spot. 

I finally broke down and got our drinks myself. Then the sun came out and all was right with the world once again. 

1FE40ABE-822D-40B5-BFD2-9FDE0C9F04CB.thumb.jpeg.4b089b48e56b5a2551ac14481a2677c5.jpeg

Great review - it's the next best thing to being there. 

Another bad flyer - my ENT told me Mucinex D 2 days before flying, use Afrin before takeoff and chew gum.  I go all out or my ears will pop forever.  😞

You almost have me changing my mind to stay onboard in Costa Maya.  I've heard so much about Maya Chan - all of it good.  But the beach there is just not Roatan or Cozumel.

be interesting to see how your two weeks contrast.  hope you heal quick!  Thanks for taking us along.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

Great review - it's the next best thing to being there. 

Another bad flyer - my ENT told me Mucinex D 2 days before flying, use Afrin before takeoff and chew gum.  I go all out or my ears will pop forever.  😞

You almost have me changing my mind to stay onboard in Costa Maya.  I've heard so much about Maya Chan - all of it good.  But the beach there is just not Roatan or Cozumel.

be interesting to see how your two weeks contrast.  hope you heal quick!  Thanks for taking us along.

Maya Chan is not a beach or snorkeling stop. You’re right about that. But the service is so amazing you just kind of accept that it’s a lounge on the beach kind of day. 

They do have kayaks and paddle boards (all included). The water just isn’t that crystal clear Caribbean you get accustomed to on these cruises. 

We are on Coco Cay in a cabana right now. The water is 10x better here, but the service was 10x better at Maya Chan. Hands down. And we paid less. 

I think our cabana attendant just forgot that we are here. Over two and a half hours later, we still hadn’t seen him. 

We went and got lunch at the “Chill Grill.” The fries are fantastic, but the burger looks a lot better than it tastes. 

87EDA248-DDC5-4B16-9AD1-8F450D621512.thumb.jpeg.48bee5ece4ceb2c3f06aa9c4b1de69c1.jpeg

The Beach Bar Menu

A13CA8C6-5E2C-4EA1-B6D1-7D3B4998C3DA.thumb.jpeg.e0ac0a878a6049df800f7157365cf07f.jpeg

F4BA613A-22B6-4371-8244-BE16536BB5D7.thumb.jpeg.80dc8245f75eb11a16cc92e20fd4c0f4.jpeg

And the sun is out in full force now. Much prettier day in the Bahamas, and a beautiful way to spend the last day of the first half of our B2B. 👍😁

2CD176CD-953D-47A8-90D1-9D6DFA731C87.thumb.jpeg.c3c28663f6386e96c9d64e0e14314b4c.jpeg

• Like 2

Also, directly in front of the cabana area is a small, protected lagoon. Apparently, there are quite a few sting rays hanging out in the vicinity today. It’s hilarious to hear the squeals when someone comes across one. 

Wish I was snorkeling. ☹️

7547D804-0A79-40B3-858E-1549B206D787.thumb.jpeg.a0df484a6b6f0a7b093d7e1520781081.jpeg

On 10/29/2019 at 11:18 AM, cruise wizard said:

Agree - we have been there several times (they give a discount for repeat customers). We will be there again on 1/9/20 - can't wait!!!!!

Have fun Gary!  We will be there in February.  I love it when they lead you to "your area" and the sign is already up welcoming you back by name!  🙂 

On 10/31/2019 at 7:47 AM, cruise wizard said:

We are having a lot of raccoons here on Hutchinson Island and seeing many squashed on the road everyday. There has been some swimming in our condo's pool - have had three trapped and carted off. We have been here for 5+ years and never have seen so many before.

We have had a sudden decrease of them here in "the swamp".  Now I know where they have all gone...can't blame them, you have a much higher end chunk of real estate to set up camp in.  😄