Vista or penthouse on Star

Scubadoc

We are booked on the 10 day Alaska cruise on the star out of San Francisco next July. The confirmation from our travel agent says that we have E733 an Aft Vista suite. S6 category.  We have been in that same cabin on the crown and loved it. However on my cruise planner on the princess website it says that we are in C4 20 a midship penthouse suite. S4 category.  I was about to get in touch with our travel agent and complain to her but I'm wondering if this is considered an upgrade or why this may have happened. I can't see much difference in the two cabins except the location. Does anyone have opinions on which cabin would be better for an Alaskan cruise?  

I would fight for the aft suite unless you are super sensitive to the sea conditions. Princess may think the midship location is an upgrade but nothing beats the wraparound view of that aft location. Personally, I like the extra balcony space. We did a Antarctica from E732 which is the opposite suite.

Looks like E733 still available. But so is Caribe 751. On the deck plans it looks like Caribe Vista suites are a little larger than the ones on Emerald deck. Does anyone know if that's correct? I know the dolphin deck Vista suites are larger but those are both taken. 

Right - C420 being a midship Penthouse has a larger overall balcony, but it's only partially covered.  Aft Vistas are covered.  The sheltered balconies of the aft suites can be used almost all the time, even underway, the sides not so much.

Edited by Ferd Berfle