Boarding time

camper49

It depends on the port.  Usually it is around noon time in most ports we have used in the US and other foreign ports.  The boarding order is elite/suite first, platinum second and then the rest as they entered the waiting area after inprocessing.  Those who have boarded to attend a wedding onboard and those who have paid for a quick visit to see the ship will board first along with returning pax in a b2b cruise if they were required to deboard for security check. 

1 hour ago, camper49 said:

Typically how early can you board on Regal Princess? 

Where you board can make a difference. Fort Lauderdale? One of the Europe ports? Asia/Australia?

If it's Fort Lauderdale boarding normally begins around 11:00/11:30am with priority boarders. Others follow fairly quickly. Cabins normally ready around 1:00pm.

Edited by skynight

1 minute ago, camper49 said:

Oops sorry.. Ft Lauderdale.

Feb 2 . We are staying pre cruise in Stuart. Thinking Super Bowl traffic will be bad...

Ft Lauderdale is pretty consistent with preferred boarding starting at around 11:30 unless there are issues with the prior cruise with CG inspections/noro cleaning etc.

We are currently on the Crown which started at 11:20.

18 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Oops sorry.. Ft Lauderdale.

Feb 2 . We are staying pre cruise in Stuart. Thinking Super Bowl traffic will be bad...

how long are you allowing for the 80 mile drive from Stuart to PE that morning ?

4 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Not sure 🤔. Leave at 8 am? 

on any 'normal' Sunday ... that 'should' easily get you to the port at 10 am or before

but as you noted, it's not a normal Sunday at all

we'd rather be waiting at a 17th street restaurant ( right by the port ) , or 'tailgating' in the parking garage ... than be in traffic on I-95, US-1, or the Fl Turnpike

7 hours ago, satxdiver said:

It depends on the port.  Usually it is around noon time in most ports we have used in the US and other foreign ports.  The boarding order is elite/suite first, platinum second and then the rest as they entered the waiting area after inprocessing.  Those who have boarded to attend a wedding onboard and those who have paid for a quick visit to see the ship will board first along with returning pax in a b2b cruise if they were required to deboard for security check. 

A couple of corrections.  Club Class passengers were getting priority boarding mixed in with the Platinums last time I was aware of it, which I confess is a while back as we were usually among the first to arrive at the terminal.  Won't bore you with the details on that.  But I do think they are a little non-specific on the website.  See this:

Priority Embark & Debark

Skip the lines with priority check-in upon arrival and our exclusive disembarkation lounge during departure.

Priority Embark and Priority Check-In are two completely different concepts IMO.  

The second thing is that the Bon Voyage program was cancelled some time ago, so none of that going on anymore.

Edited by steelers36

17 hours ago, steelers36 said:

A couple of corrections.  Club Class passengers were getting priority boarding mixed in with the Platinums last time I was aware of it, which I confess is a while back as we were usually among the first to arrive at the terminal.  Won't bore you with the details on that.  But I do think they are a little non-specific on the website.  See this:

Priority Embark & Debark

Skip the lines with priority check-in upon arrival and our exclusive disembarkation lounge during departure.

Priority Embark and Priority Check-In are two completely different concepts IMO.  

The second thing is that the Bon Voyage program was cancelled some time ago, so none of that going on anymore.

Whether or not, in my 13 cruises with Princess(admit I am now usually CC or suite), I have always arrived around 10:30-10:45a.m. from FLL, to Barcelona, to Copenhagen, to LA, to Seattle, to San Francisco, etc.  Sometimes I literally wait maybe 5 minutes after checking in(which also takes me from no waiting to maybe 15 minutes) before boarding to maybe 1 hour.  If I have to wait awhile, I really consider it part of the cruise package and the excitement of going on a cruise!  This way I am usually onboard by 11:30-11:45am, no later than noon, and sit in atrium enjoying the view before going to the MDR at noon for my first lunch aboard- a tradition of my DH and me.

Edited by PoohUnderstands
  • Like 1

I just received a notice saying our November 26th boarding time in FLL will not begin until 1:00 pm - no exceptions (even for Elite/Suite passengers). Anyone else get this or know why this may be the case? 

EDIT: I just reread the email and it says: "Please do not arrive at the terminal prior to 1:00 PM as additional immigration formalities and a U.S. Coast Guard Drill requiring participation from all crew members will be taking place upon the ship's arrival. Embarkation cannot begin until these formalities are complete."

Edited by Missysole

Your cruise is Medallion Class.  If you have your Medallions pre-cruise, boarding is supposed to be much quicker than in the past.  No standing in line to check in and get a cruise card.  I wouldn't let the Super Bowl traffic worry you.  If you left Stuart at 8AM on a normal Sunday you'd be at Port Everglades by about 9:30.  We usually take I-95 from Stuart.  I doubt you would get stuck in traffic for an hour but if you did, that would put you at the terminal around 10:30.  You would likely have close to another hour wait in the terminal before boarding starts.  We are Platinum so we get early boarding and we still wind up waiting when we get to the terminal around 10:30.  I plan to leave Stuart around 9:30 and expect to arrive at the terminal around 11:30.  I think that will avoid the early rush to be first on board and I am hoping it will be a breeze to board with the Medallion.  Worst case scenario, my Progressive Check In time is 2:30PM so you have plenty of time.  If I get to the terminal between 11:30 1nd 12:00 I'll be happy.  See you on board!