Live From The Meraviglia New York to Miami 28th October

nikkiw60

28 minutes ago, sidari said:

Nikki ... The size of the Aurea area looks small for a bigger ship.

We are up there now and it’s fine, there is waiter service for drinks. Weather is not behaving though.. it’s about 75 degrees we were expecting a cold couple of days! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sidari said:

Nikki ... How are you finding the food taste wise ? Heard that all is not well in the YC food wise.

The food is ok typical MSC food! 
last night was gala night I have posted the menus on my other thread.

I opted to have the lobster ravioli as a starter which was fine and the beef tournedos as a main the beef was how I like it medium rare ish, Matt however had the duck which was overcooked but he said it tasted ok and he wouldn’t send it back!, saying that the people who were sat on the next table when we arrived they were both having the duck and it looked lovely, nice and pink! 
We didn’t see what they had for a starter, however the steak that he followed it with looked ok, as did the next course of cheese... but she didn’t eat her pasta which she sent back but she did eat her pudding...

Yesterday morning was the Meet and Mingle, the one I kind of organised as in I sent  emails to Cruise Critic about doing one and the email I got back thanked me for helping organise it..

Anyway it was lucky I bumped into Laura the night before who asked if au had received my invite to it, erm I hadn’t received one somI decided to gate crash it! 
mybname was on the list thankfully! 
Younhave never seen such a big crowd, it was like the welcome back black party there must have been a couple of hundred people there! The food and drink supplied for this was very good, cocktails canapés a cake and plenty of it.

I had taken some name badges but we didn’t used them so as usual not much mingling happening but it was nice to meet up with Grannyofsix and Emmasgran again and also meet Beamafar.

After the Meet I went back to our cabin to look for Matt and guess what was waiting for me??? My invite to the Meet and Mingle!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last night we bumped into quite a few people off the forum and FB who knew me from my photos, we had a chat and they all like the ship except for the lack of storage space in the cabins especially the 4 women who were sharing a cabin and had 7 suitcases between them...

And a common comment everyone loved the Divina...

The cabins do seem smaller than the Divina and what they haven’t done on here and also they didn’t do on the Seaside was to have the shower doors fold in to make more room in the bathroom, this worked really well on the Divina we thought.

One of the good things we have noticed is again how they use the areas for music the reception area had a pianist and violinist last night which added to the elegant theme, and the pub had a guy playing a guitar he got people up dancing.

Later we went to the Sky lounge where they had a jazz duo and they were very good.

We left there after midnight and after 5 cruises Ingot introduced to the world of midnight pizza!
Why have I never  known about this before????

The buffet was busy and the crew were getting it ready for Halloween!

• Like 2

Bit of a pain but I am unable to log on to Cruise Critic using my iPad so having to do this on my phone!

Yesterday was the 2nd sea day and we decided to try the spa, from memory it is not as big as the Seaside, we lasted half an hour and decided we were not spa people apart from having treatments that is!

The food in the buffet has been interesting in a good way. MSC definitely do read these boards as again there is an omelette station and they are doing more roast meats. 
At breakfast we have seen for the first time (for us) American biscuits with the white sausage gravy. And at lunchtime yesterday braised cuttlefish! Also around the pool is a small buffet area with grab and go type of items.

One thing I will say this ship is as creaky and rocky as the Seaside obviously we are sailing in the Atlantic and the movement of the water is very strong, this should all change tomorrow! 
Yesterday during the day it was breezy and with some spots of rain but last night after dinner we returned to our cabin when I went into the balcony the heat was like a sauna!

Also we found the Prosecco and chocolate strawberries had been delivered a bit late to have last night so they are now in the fridge!

Whilst walking on one of the lower decks we came across a little stowaway! We haven’t reported him though...

EAE7350C-8105-430B-BFF5-B797C15E3F22.jpeg

Edited by nikkiw60

Well done Meraviglia with your invites. Another fail! We left our cabin this morning at 11.15 to find an envelope on the door with an invite to the welcome back cocktail party... today at 10.30 am...it want there last night!

I am loving the buffet! After yesterday’s cuttlefish today we have a mussel pot pie and some very nice salads including a curried chicken and potato. 
Also everyday they have served a different variation of mashed potatoes. And some nice stir fry dishes.

1 hour ago, nikkiw60 said:

Well done Meraviglia with your invites. Another fail! We left our cabin this morning at 11.15 to find an envelope on the door with an invite to the welcome back cocktail party... today at 10.30 am...it want there last night!

Very very poor, goes with the poor food and service in the YC.

2 minutes ago, sidari said:

Very very poor, goes with the poor food and service in the YC.

Dave we are in the Aurea now very hot but blowing a gale! I do like this area though, also it’s too windy for hot tub up here to be open! I am liking the ship and a bit mad at rushing to book Yacht Club on the Bellissima!

32 minutes ago, sidari said:

Maybe you could change to one of the Aurea suites at the front with the hot tub, Deck 12 are the largest ones on Meraviglia and may be the same deck on Bellissima.

It’s fully booked and we have already paid.

5 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Yesterday was the 2nd sea day and we decided to try the spa, from memory it is not as big as the Seaside, we lasted half an hour and decided we were not spa people apart from having treatments that is!

Same here . Never understood the fuss around it , specially on Caribbean. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

For anyone who has pre paid wifi annoyingly this offer is available on board!

Is this the first time you saw such type of offer onboard? I've asked this question before and people indicate they never seen onboard purchase cheaper than prepaid.

10 minutes ago, aprilsp88 said:

Is this the first time you saw such type of offer onboard? I've asked this question before and people indicate they never seen onboard purchase cheaper than prepaid.

Yes it is.