Live From The Meraviglia New York to Miami 28th October

nikkiw60

2 hours ago, Ldygodiva said:

Thank you for the detailed information. Cruising Meraviglia on Nov.17th, I’ve been reviewing your daily posts to determine MSC theme nights. So far I’ve just noticed White night, Latin and Gatsby. Did I miss anything?

70s night was last night not many people dressed up thought.

Last night was elegant night, but I decided to order the lobster instead for the additional payment. I think I was the first person on this cruise to do this! 
They sent a lobster tail instead of the lobster in the description the waiting staff were great in sorting it out but it became a pantomime as they didn’t have any of the tools for breaking it open or getting the meat out!

I should have kept the lobster tail!

B6A2F373-CE0C-49CC-8343-B2F613074FF2.jpeg

305F32BC-3261-4224-B763-24CE50293B0E.jpeg

7C950B8C-ECF8-4018-9DA4-62BDE75DE0EF.jpeg

One thing I have to say is that the crew on this ship are amazing if you have an issue they go above and beyond to rectify it.

The staff in the restaurant are brilliant shout out to Ravi, Shankar, Putra and Mr B whose tables we have been lucky to sit at in the Panorama Restaurant also the head waiters who are totally on the ball to what we have seen about dealing with any food problems.

Everytime we meet a crew member they smile and say hello.

Our cabin steward Jean is very quiet and extremely hard working.

We have had a fabulous cruise!

Edited by nikkiw60
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

When the ship runs out of the one champagne that is included in your drink package and there’s still 2 nights to go....

That is when you speak to the Bar Manager to find out the alternative they plan to provide....if unsuccessful, then Hotel Director is the contact!

1 minute ago, hamrag said:

That is when you speak to the Bar Manager to find out the alternative they plan to provide....if unsuccessful, then Hotel Director is the contact!

I can manage there’s still plenty of other drinks we can have. It’s funny more than anything!

5 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

When the ship runs out of the one champagne that is included in your drink package and there’s still 2 nights to go....

Oh no!  I hope they offer you a nice replacement for the last sea day. 🤣

What is the champagne offered on ... Easy package I am guessing?

Also - is there a TV channel with an outside cam view at all, or are those who have inside cabins doomed to never know what time it is when they wake up?

7 hours ago, Wor1dTrave11er said:

....What is the champagne offered on ... Easy package I am guessing?...

Definitely not, it will be Premium or more likely Premium+. The Yacht Club package includes Nicolas Feuillatte, so if Premium includes any champagne it will be that one only. Premium+ offers a couple of others.

Edited by hamrag

43 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Definitely not, it will be Premium or more likely Premium+. The Yacht Club package includes Nicolas Feuillatte, so if Premium includes any champagne it will be that one only. Premium+ offers a couple of others.

We have the old deluxe package which included that champagne as it is the cheapest on the menu.  There isn’t any champagne included in the easy or the premium package.

• Thanks 1

Last night we did our only once a cruise show it turns out it is the last one for this cruise.

The show is your typical singing one it’s very kitch but some amazing voices.

The musicians are live on stage and I am sure in the past the music has been recorded. 
The show is worth seeing though for what happens at the end, I will not post it on here but It made me get very emotional!

We have the Aurea any time dining package but most nights we have managed to sit on the tables where Ravi from India is your waiter, last night I mentioned to him how we had had a very good chicken biryani in the buffet and it had only been available once to what we had seen. He asked if we would like him to ask the chef to make it for us tonight!
we would have loved to have said yes but we have the Butcher Cut again tonight, but how lovely was that!

45 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

We have the Aurea any time dining package but most nights we have managed to sit on the tables where Ravi from India is your waiter, last night I mentioned to him how we had had a very good chicken biryani in the buffet and it had only been available once to what we had seen. He asked if we would like him to ask the chef to make it for us tonight!
we would have loved to have said yes but we have the Butcher Cut again tonight, but how lovely was that!

What is the cost for Butcher's Cut per person?

1 hour ago, nikkiw60 said:

We will have to look out for Ravi on our Xmas cruise seeing as our favourite waiter Holmes has not yet got his decision on which ship he will be on.

57 minutes ago, sidari said:

We will have to look out for Ravi on our Xmas cruise seeing as our favourite waiter Holmes has not yet got his decision on which ship he will be on.

Dave make sure to go to the Horizon bar in the evening especially if you like the Garden bar on the Divina! It’s out doors an fabulous! One of the girls working there you should know from the Seadide.

Also Aurea is the way to go on this ship!
Ravi has the best tables on this sailing along the window.

• Like 1

At the airport now waiting for our flight home protea e been posting that they have started to receive their emails from MSC with the 20% refund.

Some gripes from people are lack of tissues in cabins ( we had them) and the ship running out of things for the last couple of days.

For us we had a fabulous time and met some new friends including Beamafar and OH.

I can’t wait till next April for our trip on Bellissima when I will do another Live.

We stayed in Miami last night and sat in a restaurant in Bayside and saw Meraviglia sail away. 

6E56A076-AB9D-4FFD-A5EC-F523306ED68F.jpeg

610FAB4D-07A0-4F33-8CEA-28EC97C5B467.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Nikki ... Have a safe flight home, interested to hear any other thoughts on Aurea. We like Bayside and on our first time there we saw the Merseybeats playing live in the open air music area, see a few good local singers there also.

13 hours ago, sidari said:

Hi Nikki ... Have a safe flight home, interested to hear any other thoughts on Aurea. We like Bayside and on our first time there we saw the Merseybeats playing live in the open air music area, see a few good local singers there also.

Hi Dave just on the train back up north!

I have decided that for us Aurea is still the way to go wish we hadn’t done the upgrade to YC on Bellissima! 
The sundeck is fine we spent a lot of time there and the crew manning it are very good. The music played whilst we were on was Frank Sinatra Ella Fitzgerald stuff which I love!

In the evening we enjoyed the Sky Lounge they have a female jazz duo possibly French singing the standards and they are excellent. 

Other good live music in the TV lounge, Meraviglia bar and the Pub.

You May recognise Oksana (Bubbles) in the Champagne bar from the Seaside, also a girl in the Horizon Bar (South African) from the Seaside Champagne Bar.

Watch our for Dudley from St Lucia with his drinks trolley around the main pool bar he is so funny!

GrannieofSix recommends the barman Nep in the Edge Bar for his Margarita!

The food on board I would give 7 or 8 if we had to score it.

• Like 1