Pacific Princess to Tahiti in 2021

shirazcruiser

18 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We are booked!  The itineraries were out there earlier than they had indicated and our wonderful TA grabbed our desired cabin for us.  Now to wait 19+ months for this cruise.

Are you referring to a HAL cruise or a Princess cruise?

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Princess.

image.png.bd8db384a767571733f6783ec750e305.png

Thanks, I'm keeping an eye out for a backup cruise in case my 28 day R/T LA to Hawaii, Tahiti, Bora Bora & American Samoa craps out on me.  It's scheduled for March 26, 2021 on Star Princess.  Since Star is leaving Princess to join P&O at the end of next year, I'm keeping an eye out to see if Princess replaces that cruise in 2022.

Enjoy your cruise.  I'd never get DW to fly from NY to Tahiti in a million years!!!

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

We are booked!  The itineraries were out there earlier than they had indicated and our wonderful TA grabbed our desired cabin for us.  Now to wait 19+ months for this cruise.

Likewise, our diligent TA was able to get us booked for the combined 8 Feb. '22 RT Tahiti cruise + 18 Feb. '22 Tahiti-Sydney cruise a few minutes before the announced release time.  That included arranging for Princess to transfer an existing deposit on one of our cancelled Oct.'20 Tahiti bookings to the new booking.  We hope that the long wait will provide enough time for COVID to fade away and/or for an effective vaccine to become widely available and used. 

J-D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks, I'm keeping an eye out for a backup cruise in case my 28 day R/T LA to Hawaii, Tahiti, Bora Bora & American Samoa craps out on me.  It's scheduled for March 26, 2021 on Star Princess.  Since Star is leaving Princess to join P&O at the end of next year, I'm keeping an eye out to see if Princess replaces that cruise in 2022.

Enjoy your cruise.  I'd never get DW to fly from NY to Tahiti in a million years!!!

Thank you!  I hope your cruise is a go as that sounds like the flights would be much easier on your wife.

24 minutes ago, J-D said:

Likewise, our diligent TA was able to get us booked for the combined 8 Feb. '22 RT Tahiti cruise + 18 Feb. '22 Tahiti-Sydney cruise a few minutes before the announced release time.  That included arranging for Princess to transfer an existing deposit on one of our cancelled Oct.'20 Tahiti bookings to the new booking.  We hope that the long wait will provide enough time for COVID to fade away and/or for an effective vaccine to become widely available and used. 

J-D

Fantastic, wish I could get my husband on a longer cruise as your cruise looks wonderful.  As for transferring deposits, will that mean that you don't get the extra 100% bonus on your October 2020 FCD?  I left our's as is because we had an unused FCD and didn't want to lose the bonus so we left that alone.  It's not a lot of money but I'll take every little bit that they are offering.

12 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Fantastic, wish I could get my husband on a longer cruise as your cruise looks wonderful.  As for transferring deposits, will that mean that you don't get the extra 100% bonus on your October 2020 FCD?  I left our's as is because we had an unused FCD and didn't want to lose the bonus so we left that alone.  It's not a lot of money but I'll take every little bit that they are offering.

We each needed to provide 2 deposits for Feb.'22 as we booked the new trip as two b2b cruises rather than a single combined cruise; the intent was to maximize flexibility. 

If I've understood correctly, our deposits for one of the new cruises are to be covered by transferring the FCDs that we had used for the deposits on the first of the Oct'20 cruises (no FCC). 

Our deposits for the 2nd new cruise will be covered by a pair of previously-unused FCDs rather than a transfer from the 2nd cancelled cruise, for which we had paid the deposits directly, not via FCDs.  For the deposits on the 2nd cancelled cruise, we are supposed to (eventually) receive double FCC.  

J-D

2 hours ago, dstables said:

Sure glad I had my TA book the 24 Day Tahiti South Pacific Grand Adventure sailing February 8, 2022 cause I can see on line it now shows as sold out!😊

It may have been a temporary glitch which happens from time to time.  I see cabins for sale for every category at the moment.

3 hours ago, dstables said:

Sure glad I had my TA book the 24 Day Tahiti South Pacific Grand Adventure sailing February 8, 2022 cause I can see on line it now shows as sold out!😊

Sorry guys. I wasn’t logged in correctly. This sailing is not sold but I am glad my TA was able to book it today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

We just booked the Feb 8th 2022 24 day Tahiti South Pacific Grand Adventure. Thank you to the people who posted about it here otherwise we probably would have missed it. Something to look forward to!

So are my neighbors! they are on with us for the 10 day departing Feb.8th and then they are continuing on to Sydney. I'm sure you will meet they are very interesting and a lot of fun. 

Edited by omynameistaken

3 minutes ago, gdlamberth said:

I've created a Roll Call for the 10 day PPT-PPT portion of the 8 February 2022 sailing.  Just FYI.

Thank you gdlamberth... I created the roll call for the doomed Tahiti Nov.4th 2020 cruise and I so didn't want to jinx it again.  Cheers 🥂 to planning & preparing for Feb. 8th 2022! 🥳🍹

Noreen

I started a roll call for the January 19th sailing.

For those who were booked on a Tahiti sailing this year, we should also get the $150 bonus OBC on the replacement cruise.  According to the email we should have already received it but didn't so our TA is going to check on it.

Got an email from Princess last night saying that since we were booked on the now cancelled Nov 24 Tahiti cruise, they're offering $150 per person to rebook the 2021/2020 French Polynesia cruises (balcony and above). We had already booked and lo and behold, there's credit in our accounts!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Got an email from Princess last night saying that since we were booked on the now cancelled Nov 24 Tahiti cruise, they're offering $150 per person to rebook the 2021/2020 French Polynesia cruises (balcony and above). We had already booked and lo and behold, there's credit in our accounts!

8 minutes ago, DCL4ME said:

My husband and I are also booked on the January 19th 10 day Tahiti cruise. We also received the $150 Obc each for our canceled October 2020 Tahiti cruise. 😁

Just checked again and our's isn't posted.  Hoping our TA can get this sorted out as it would be nice to get the extra $$ to spend!