Riviera balconies

wongri

My family and I shall be cruising on a Rivera next month.
We are booked in concierge side by side cabins as there are no connecting cabins.

Wondering if we are able to open the balcony separating dividers and connect by way of the balconies similar to Celebrity ships.

Many thanks.   

45 minutes ago, rucruisn2 said:

Yes you can, or a least your cabin steward will do it for you. We had friends next to us in PH cabins on the Marina and had the balcony partition open.

Not quite correct.

It is at the discretion of the ship's captain whether (and which) partitions may be opened. Further, it is my understanding that partitions at bulkhead locations are seldom permitted to be opened (other than for maintenance).

52 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not quite correct.

It is at the discretion of the ship's captain whether (and which) partitions may be opened. Further, it is my understanding that partitions at bulkhead locations are seldom permitted to be opened (other than for maintenance).

Correct.

17 hours ago, wongri said:

Many thanks. 
Hopefully  the cabin attendant will open as we are midship. 

Hopefully they will because I asked in Nov 2017 and the cabin steward, the butler and the General Manager said No - it was a fire safety hazard.  Not sure how the small partition will block fire spreading when it could go over, under and around.

By the way, the General Manager was the same one that you will have on your cruise.

5 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Hopefully they will because I asked in Nov 2017 and the cabin steward, the butler and the General Manager said No - it was a fire safety hazard.  Not sure how the small partition will block fire spreading when it could go over, under and around.

By the way, the General Manager was the same one that you will have on your cruise.

Sounds like you're really not a cruising "xpert."

Those non-combustible exterior wall breaks will at least slow down the movement of fire along the exterior sides of the ship while it is underway.

BTW, midship is irrelevant. There are bulkheads strategically/architecturally placed across the entire length of the ship.

8 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Not sure how the small partition will block fire spreading when it could go over, under and around.

Interestingly, the restriction on terrace dividers came about because folks who request that they be open oftentimes shift/ask for outside furniture in such a way that the verandas are blocked and can't be used as a means of egress in the event of fire inside the ship.  This is the same reason why the response to requests to open the dividers is not Universal.  One ship may have received a warning based on blocked verandas, while another has not.  

Oh well. Will request and see if possible. 
It would be more convenient for my parents instead of knocking on the door. 
Other option is to get an extra card for each cabin to gain access. 

20 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

By the way, who is the General Manager. We will be on next month and it would be nice to know.  Thanks

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

He may or may not  still be onboard  when you are

They do 2 or 3 mths on then off for 2  mths

I know.  Sounded like he was there a few weeks ago and we will be on in a few weeks.  Hope he is.  By the way, does anyone know who the restaurant Mgr. is?  Nice to see friends when we return.