List to contact upper management by email

oceansandseas

Someone posted a list to contact upper management by email. I thought that I had bookmarked this entry that I saw a few months ago. It was either on Cunard, Oceania or Celebrity section. Those are the ones that I read regularly, but it could have been on another section also. Just can't read enough about cruising.

I thought I had bookmarked it, but no.  Tried multiple searches but could not find. Does the original poster or anyone else have this site available. It was not only for the cruise industry but was a list where one could contact upper management of many companies.

Thanks for all replies.

1 hour ago, oceansandseas said:

Someone posted a list to contact upper management by email. I thought that I had bookmarked this entry that I saw a few months ago. It was either on Cunard, Oceania or Celebrity section. Those are the ones that I read regularly, but it could have been on another section also. Just can't read enough about cruising.

I thought I had bookmarked it, but no.  Tried multiple searches but could not find. Does the original poster or anyone else have this site available. It was not only for the cruise industry but was a list where one could contact upper management of many companies.

Thanks for all replies.

Perhaps you're referring to my occasional CC post reminding folks about syndicated travel writer and ombudsman Christopher Elliott (not the actor).

He maintains a variety of consumer advocacy contact resources including various execs in the cruise industry.

If you have a REASONABLE concern and your numerous attempts to set things right have all hit a brick wall, it's worth contacting him with your story/details/evidence/proof/etc. and a request for contact info for the appropriate cruise line exec(s). BTW, if your problem is good material for his news column, he may even intercede for you as will his staff for really egregious screw-overs of consumers.

I've used Chris' assistance to provide me contact info that actually convinced a cruise line CEO to reverse a newly minted policy allowing "vaping" in shipboard locations beyond the normal restricted smoking ones. And it only took one well written e-mail with the latest anti-vaping research citations (and reference to some unconsidered maintenance issues) to have him do the right thing (in less than one day).

You can reach Chris' outfit at Chris@Elliott.org. And you can get his website address with a quick google search.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

My own experience after a less-than-satisfactory experience earlier this year is that O is not the least bit interested in hearing from you after your cruise is over.  My advice is don't waste the electrons, it won't get you anywhere.

8 hours ago, Sopwith said:

My own experience after a less-than-satisfactory experience earlier this year is that O is not the least bit interested in hearing from you after your cruise is over.  My advice is don't waste the electrons, it won't get you anywhere.

Agree wholeheartedly. My "constructive criticism" concerning cruise directors who insist on interrupting the serenity of my vacation with intrusive announcements, outdated gym equipment in poor condition, poorly handled noro virus situations...you name it probably go into the electronic version of a dumpster. I no longer bother with post cruise comments or any other feedback to Oceania management other than to complement excellent crew members...they probably prefer it that way.

Sopwith and edgee....I totally agree with you. On each of our last 2 cruises with Oceania, there was a disappointing incident. One Noro and the length of being quarantined and then another happening on the next cruise.  Oceania did not want to hear about them.  So.

I was looking for another company. 

30 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Look at Crystal 

some former Oceania fans are sailing with them

Crystal is a wonderful option. Great entertainment and very good food..debatable whether food is as good as Oceania.  Oceania cruisers will have to get used to serve yourself zero sneeze guard situation in buffet and some other food venues on Crystal. Pros and cons to every cruise line....of course...

• Like 1

Just now, edgee said:

Crystal is a wonderful option. Great entertainment and very good food..debatable whether food is as good as Oceania.  Oceania cruisers will have to get used to serve yourself zero sneeze guard situation in buffet and some other food venues on Crystal. Pros and cons to every cruise line....of course...

ED

We are trying Crystal in Dec & that is my big issue  so far  but I try to avoid the buffets  even on O

Looking at some of the offerings  the food may be too fancy for us ...we are not foodies

but there is always dessert 😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LHT28 said:

ED

We are trying Crystal in Dec & that is my big issue  so far  but I try to avoid the buffets  even on O

Looking at some of the offerings  the food may be too fancy for us ...we are not foodies

but there is always dessert 😁

Lyn, I think you will have no trouble finding more basic menu items on Crystal. With a day's notice they will make almost anything for you. For example, on our last Crystal cruise my DW had a craving for homemade tomato soup. She ordered it and they made it special for her... Each night she wanted it for rest of the cruise. I certainly would not pay to go on Crystal for tomato soup...but the point is they are very flexible...seems nothing is too much trouble...we appreciate that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Over the years we've been doing multiple O cruises annually, we've managed to develop a small "Rolodex" of home office contacts. That, in connection with using top selling Oceania Connoisseurs Club TAs, has given us helpful individuals when it comes to addressing issues. 

That said, it has been our mostly consistent experience that the right folks in Miami are extremely attendant to "doing the right thing."

And, of course, there's both art and science to lodging a complaint/concern.

Chief among the strategies to arriving at a reasonable resolution to your reasonable problem (with any service provider) is clarity about the issue, details/evidence and identifying  desired solutions. And, of course, contacting someone who can actually achieve results (BTW, this is where the right TA can make a big difference).

4 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Chief among the strategies to arriving at a reasonable resolution to your reasonable problem (with any service provider) is clarity about the issue, details/evidence and identifying  desired solutions.

I used to hear "come to your boss with a solution, not just a problem."

1 hour ago, clo said:

I used to hear "come to your boss with a solution, not just a problem."

While it is often helpful for the aggrieved customer to have in mind a proposed "solution" to the issue caused by the company, Oceania is not our boss, so the saying is not fully applicable IMHO.

• Like 1