Oceania Club Membership Rewards

marylovestotravel

tote bags -

Use mine - which  I have received from  many sources - at the grocery.  I try to help  the environment with less plastic bags and they work better with lots of canned goods.  My wife puts her purse in one to carry more things in an Airline Personal item.

49 minutes ago, UDSpud said:

tote bags -

Use mine - which  I have received from  many sources - at the grocery.  I try to help  the environment with less plastic bags and they work better with lots of canned goods.  My wife puts her purse in one to carry more things in an Airline Personal item.

I use mine for shopping as well. Sometimes I see someone with an interesting/attractive tote and will start up a conversation with them. I've heard some interesting stories this way. I've got a couple of nylon ones that fold up and I always carry these in my purse "just in case".

I know that there have been a few stories out about how you would have to use a cloth bag 1-200 times to recover the materials/energy consumed in it's manufacture vs a plastic bag, but I have done some quick estimates and figure some of my bags may have been used way over 1000 times. And then at their end of use, the plastic bag is still plastic, whereas the cotton bag will biodegrade.

Mia

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

Also the silly pins, and junk.  People on HAL treat their faux presents  like national treasures... amusing  as to why people faun over sill trinkets and dime store "presents"....  Just be happy with the cruise experience... 

We left the tote and the stupid pins. Bob took the round baggage tags as he figured he could spot the bags easier. Since he does the 'bag grabbing' at baggage claim I deferred to him. I totally agree with you!

1 hour ago, UDSpud said:

tote bags -

I've more than enough for groceries; don't need any more.

13 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

And then at their end of use, the plastic bag is still plastic, whereas the cotton bag will biodegrade.

The grocery stores around us generally have boxes out front where plastic bags can be dropped off. Yes, it's better to use fabric but that kind of plastic can be recycled. I have about five pairs of shoes by Rothys that are made from recycled plastic bottles!

https://rothys.com/

4 minutes ago, clo said:

The grocery stores around us generally have boxes out front where plastic bags can be dropped off. Yes, it's better to use fabric but that kind of plastic can be recycled. I have about five pairs of shoes by Rothys that are made from recycled plastic bottles!

https://rothys.com/

Better to attempt to recycle than not, but there have been articles that disillusion you to the idea that plastic can be and is always recycled. Many plastics cannot be recycled and even the best seem to be only done only once. Plastic bottles seem to be the most recyclable but often even if the plastic are placed in  the appropriate container, the business, or municipality/city do not complete their part of the chain.

Mia

6 hours ago, ruthnlarry said:

We disembarked Riviera in December, and did not get the cap or tote even though they were listed as a silver amenity on our invoice.  We asked the OC ambassador, and she said that they ran out of the caps and totes.  Weren't expecting much, but OC can't even honor their reduced benefits.  This is not the first time that we have encountered problems with OC.  Previously, we had to meet with the GM because we didn't get our prepaid gratuities.  The ambassador on ship wouldn't do anything.  She said it wasn't her job.  

Did you turn Silver on that cruise or were you already Silver? We've discussed this before, you only get the Club Membership Tote on your Keystone cruise. This is not the little nylon one or the one you get in Concierge and above. This one has your level on it. Even though we have twenty something cruises we couldn't get one. We have to wait until our 40th on. LOL. 

They handled this rollout very poorly. On your first cruise after they started this new program you should get the one for the level you're at, then a new one on each Keystone cruise. 

33 minutes ago, ORV said:

Did you turn Silver on that cruise or were you already Silver? We've discussed this before, you only get the Club Membership Tote on your Keystone cruise. This is not the little nylon one or the one you get in Concierge and above. This one has your level on it. Even though we have twenty something cruises we couldn't get one. We have to wait until our 40th on. LOL. 

They handled this rollout very poorly. On your first cruise after they started this new program you should get the one for the level you're at, then a new one on each Keystone cruise. 

We were already Silver on the Dec. cruise.  Wine, cap, and tote were the listed amenities from OC on our invoice.  We really didn't care much about the cap and tote.  We just remembered how a previous OC ambassador treated us when she wouldn't look inquire about our pre-paid gratuities Oceania Club Silver Benefit.  She said that it wasn't her job as OC Ambassador to look into why we didn't receive our OC silver benefits.

Edited by ruthnlarry