$20/hr massages? WHERE??

fstuff1

Just about any of the beach clubs along the malecon offer massages and this sounds like the going rate.

At one time Pez Quadro had excellent masseuses , but they come and go and float between different clubs now. 

Have heard of good massages at Tropicante, Pitaya, Ibza Sunset, YaYas.  And at Jaimes Blue Reef, if you want to go to an AI.

Edited by crewsweeper

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We were in CM last week.

$20 to $25 per hour was the going rate several years back when all this was new and the port was not quite developed. Very hard to find one these days. These days it ranges $40 and up.

Also some of them claim to have a knowledge in chiropractic adjustment and charge more for that. The spa at the port has the highest prices and no bargains. Last fall at Pez it was $45 and was given an option to have it under the palm tree or in an airconditioned room. I chose the room while DH chose the palm tree. It poured! DH was wet as a rag.  Last summer the Blue Cay one was $40 and they kept going on and on till I had to tell them to stop or we would miss the ship. Did not get one this time, but it was available for $40 at and around Tropicante. Negotiable? I do not know, did not ask this time. Which of these was the best I cannot tell......they all seemed nice (but all had sandpaper hands) and I felt the bulkier the woman, the more padded her hands and the better/smoother the massage. 😁

We always go to Mazamao restaurant at El Fuerte Boutique Hotel.  They're loungers are free when  eating/drinking there.  We've never asked if there is a minimum but I'm sure we always exceed it if there is.  Food & service are great and clear water.  Lorenzo has been our waiter every time and is the best.  There will be girls right there giving $20/hr massages.  The last 4-5 times I have had a massage from Laura and she does a great job especially for the price and I always tip good.  Way better massage than I've ever had on the ship and those are $$$.  

1 hour ago, CruiseMomTX said:

We always go to Mazamao restaurant at El Fuerte Boutique Hotel.  They're loungers are free when  eating/drinking there.  We've never asked if there is a minimum but I'm sure we always exceed it if there is.  Food & service are great and clear water.  Lorenzo has been our waiter every time and is the best.  There will be girls right there giving $20/hr massages.  The last 4-5 times I have had a massage from Laura and she does a great job especially for the price and I always tip good.  Way better massage than I've ever had on the ship and those are $$$.  

Thanks for the recommendation- seems to get good reviews and not often mentioned on here. I believe it us next door to Jaimie’s? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks for the recommendation- seems to get good reviews and not often mentioned on here. I believe it us next door to Jaimie’s? 

Your welcome and we have never been disappointed.  The last two times we got a taxi and had them drop us at the lighthouse so we could walk to Maramo and see what else is on the way.  Well we saw a lot of seaweed or not so clear water until we got close to Maramo.  We get off the ship early and head straight there so we get a good seat, have some breakfast, relax for a while, get a massage, lunch them more time in the sun before heading back to the port.   Yes on maps it looks like Jaimies at the Blue Reef is next door.   

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/22/2023 at 11:46 AM, lisagro said:

Has anyone gotten a massage in costa Maya recently? If so, what was the location and price?

I know this is probably too late for you but I had read this post and wanted to know the same thing. 

We did Costa Maya last week. Took a cab to Krazy Lobster ($4 pp) and my husband got a massage. $20/hour. 

• Like 2