what's your TWO favorite things about a Carnival cruise?

havanadaydreaming

It's tough to narrow it down to 2. If I had to pick, I would say:

#2) Vibe - I get that "better" food, ships, etc all exist somewhere, but I really don't care. In fact, I actually enjoy the food. Even though I enjoy fancy meals, I almost always would pick burgers and tacos over them. Carnival has me covered there. Back to the vibe, people aren't taking themselves too seriously. The people there are far less likely to be bragging and trying to show off. They are there to have a good time. This vibe is priceless and many ships do not have that.

#1) Punchliner - If there was one thing that would cause me to stop coming to Carnival, it might be if this went away. On a 7 day cruise, there will often be about 8 different "18+" shows. Do you have any idea how much money that would cost on your own dime? Hundreds of dollars. Money aside, it's part of the vibe. Most nights giving you something to look forward to, to enjoy a drink, and to just sit back and enjoy life. It's hard to be sitting there with your friends and family, having a blast, and not absolutely enjoy life at that moment.

• Like 4

Serentiy deck

Piano bar

We had the greatest bartenders on Serenity Deck. We like that it's adults only.

We have so much fun in the Piano Bar. Every time John Heald makes a post about them I make sure we weigh in since it's one of our favorite things to do onboard!

I can say that the two things I miss most after the cruise is over are...

1.  Lido deck (with meals that I didn’t have to shop for or prepare nor clean up after)

2. Coming ‘home’ to a comfortable inviting bed that has been turned down for me in a     tidy room 

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, fabby50 said:

Alchemy Bar - I don't even drink very much, but I love the atmosphere and the bar tenders there.

I am hoping #2 is going to be the Havana area - we are booked on the Panorama Feb. 2020 and I'm really looking forward to checking out that area.  I am hoping they still have a Cuban vibe at night - music, drinks, etc.

GREAT call on Alchemy.   That is definitely a top 2 Carnival thing for me.  now which one to delete....hmmm.

1. serenity

2. the vibe

i would say comedy club (but had a bad comedian on the last cruise so didn't watch any of his shows). yes other cruises have adults only, but i like serenity. we had an amazing waiter on our last cruise. and great bartender in alcemy, but other times didn't like it. also had great trivia contests on the last few. have never seen a show that i like.

1. Price - Carnival cruises fit our vacation budget 

2. Fun vibe - they aren't the wild party ships we were warned about by a TA, but they are definitely fun ships with a much more relaxed feel. Even the crew and staff  seem to be having a lot more fun than their counterparts on RCCL. 

• Like 1