2 bedroom cruise ship cabins

kw1966

We booked an Aurea Duplex Suite when we sailed on the MSC Meraviglia last November. It was a wonderful 2 deck loft suite with a master bedroom upstairs, and living room/dining room downstairs with a convertible sofa. We had 2 full bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. It also had a large forward facing terrace with a jacuzzi tub. The suite also came with a long list of perks including a free beverage package, complimentary massages, access to the thermal suite at the Aurea Spa, priority embarkation, a dedicated section of the MDR with open time dining, and access to a private solarium deck for suite passengers. 

What made it financially better for us was because the 3rd and 4th person in the suite sailed for free (just paid taxes). It was wonderful and we found ourselves spending much more time in our suite just because it was so nice. But with all of that said, we were a family of 4 including small children, and I don’t think that it would’ve been as desirable if we had been traveling with an adult son and his girlfriend who most like would’ve wanted some private time. Even though this suite was very spacious and had 2 decks, it provided little privacy since it had an open floor plan concept. In your situation we would’ve probably opted for two staterooms as others have suggested.

Here’s a video though of what that suite looks like, just in case it’s something that you may consider: 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 12:15 PM, pacruise804 said:

I would think at a minimum the door would lock from both sides, as connecting cabins can be sold to people who aren't traveling together.  

I have read reports where the connecting door is unlocked by the cabin steward upon request.  So double doors are not required.

Not like hotel room connecting doors.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SRF said:

I have read reports where the connecting door is unlocked by the cabin steward upon request.  So double doors are not required.

Not like hotel room connecting doors.

We’ve stayed in many connecting hotel rooms and cabins, the doors seem to be the same, the master lock needs to be unlocked, and then you are free to keep them open or shut.

• Thanks 1

99% of the time two cabins will be less expensive than a two bedroom suite.

BTW I was ONCE offered a porthole room for less than an inside room.  So by one posters logic anyone claiming inside rooms are the least expensive rooms on a cruiseship is spreading false and misleading information.

15 hours ago, ed01106 said:

99% of the time two cabins will be less expensive than a two bedroom suite.

BTW I was ONCE offered a porthole room for less than an inside room.  So by one posters logic anyone claiming inside rooms are the least expensive rooms on a cruiseship is spreading false and misleading information.

You would be.

Why not just say that MOST TIMES, MOST LIKELY, etc?

Instead of ALWAYS, NEVER, etc.

The first way, primes the reader to check on other options.

The second way has them ONLY checking one option, and possibly missing out on that occasional deal.

14 hours ago, ed01106 said:

But you will never find a two bedroom suite for less than two inside cabins.

That I will agree with.

But we did get a 2 bedroom suite for less than 2 balcony cabins. 

To the OP,  I have stayed in Emerald Princess two bedroom family suite.  It has two bathrooms, two bedrooms, two separate entrance doors and common living room.  Basically you are getting a mini suite and inside cabin combined into the two bedroom family suite.  There are only two family suites on Emerald.  They are located on Deck 9 Dolphin Deck