Does Royal still allow drinks in the hot tub/ pool?

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Not the last time we sailed.  They insist upon plastic glasses, but still allow drinks in or near the pool.

That’s great news then! We go on a cruise next month Royal and I was hopeful. I do understand why they don’t want glass in the pools and hot tubs, but no alcohol didn’t make sense to me. We already prefer Royal, this just gives us another reason.

I'd prefer it wasn't allowed.  I've seen drinks being spilled and think its a bit unhygienic.  Hope Royal follows Norwegian on this.

Also don't see the fascination for people sitting in the pools for hours on end drinking and sometimes the pool becomes too crowded!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, normannna said:

I'd prefer it wasn't allowed.  I've seen drinks being spilled and think its a bit unhygienic.  Hope Royal follows Norwegian on this.

Also don't see the fascination for people sitting in the pools for hours on end drinking and sometimes the pool becomes too crowded!

Hot tubs are already “unhygienic” to begin with and I have only seen one drink spilled in the hot tub on my 9 cruises so far. Just think about how many sweat or even urinate in the pool. I don’t think a little alcohol would hurt.  Also, you should be should be showering whenever you get out the hot tub or pool anyways. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jj343434jj said:

Hot tubs are already “unhygienic” to begin with and I have only seen one drink spilled in the hot tub on my 9 cruises so far. Just think about how many sweat or even urinate in the pool. I don’t think a little alcohol would hurt.  Also, you should be should be showering whenever you get out the hot tub or pool anyways. 

I think the "yuckiest" thing we've seen was a family eating ice cream cones in the hot tub on Liberty....melting fast and running down their arms.

Also on our last southern caribbean cruise on Freedom an older gentleman with sores all over his body...oh dear !!!

We actually avoid the human stew pots.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

I think the "yuckiest" thing we've seen was a family eating ice cream cones in the hot tub on Liberty....melting fast and running down their arms.

Also on our last southern caribbean cruise on Freedom an older gentleman with sores all over his body...oh dear !!!

We actually avoid the human stew pots

Yuck - I've taken to jumping in the shower for a cool down mostly these days.  I once saw a woman washing T shirts in the hot tub, disgusting 

I was on Anthem last month and drinks were allowed in the Solarium hot tubs however when I moved to the Solarium pool with my drink the life guard informed me that drinks were not allowed in the pool. I had placed my drink at the edge of the pool but it wasn't until I reached over and took a drink that the guard asked me to not drink in the pool. I didn't have a problem with this but it was the first time I'd ever been told that drinks were not allowed in the pool. I don't know if this was being enforced in the other pools on the ship.

On Majesty this summer, you could not have a drink in the pool, but hot tub nobody said anything.  Pool it was fine if you were sitting on the side of the pool, but when I reached over to grab a sip, was told not to do that.  

I also have witnessed a kid attempting to bring an ice cream cone in the hot tub. He made the mistake of making eye contact. I shook my head no. 

A little while latter a grown up got into the hot tub eating a plate of pizza. I got up and left. Hmmm wonder if they are related. 

If you shower before and after pool/hot tub use, I don't think you're going to pick up any life threatening germs.  Lots of people use the pools and hot tubs and I don't hear about anyone coming down sick. On the other hand, there's more room for the rest of us if the germophobes don't utilize the facilities. Most pools and hot tubs have a sign advising no alcohol - that's just common sense.

Edited by Diver2014

3 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

If you shower before and after pool/hot tub use, I don't think you're going to pick up any life threatening germs.  Lots of people use the pools and hot tubs and I don't hear about anyone coming down sick. On the other hand, there's more room for the rest of us if the germophobes don't utilize the facilities. Most pools and hot tubs have a sign advising no alcohol - that's just common sense.

Legionnaire's disease was spread in a hot tub .